The Battle of PMS-DL story

ericisacutie

Lab Technician
It was 3:30 in the morning in New York city. Danny and Lindsay were fast asleep in their down town apartment. They were both facing the same way and Danny had his arm over Lindsay's side. Suddenly the phone rang and Lindsay woke with a jolt. She jumped as if she had been shot and as she did that Danny rolled out of bed and hit the floor hard.

The phone continued to ring as Lindsay breathed harder and harder. Danny sat up on the floor as he looked over at Lindsay with one eye shut. He then continued to stare at her as he said, "What was that Montana!"

Lindsay didn't say anything. Danny then reached up to the bedside table and answered the phone.
"Hello? Flack if that's you I'm going to........."
Just as Danny was going to finish what he was saying he saw Lindsay run to the bathroom.

He began to get up as the person on the phone said, "Danny, are you okay? Because I have to believe something is wrong with you to talk to me that way."

Danny's eyes widened as he said, "Um, sorry Mac, I just woke up disturbingly, that's all. What is it?"
"We have a homicide down on 4th plain, you and Lindsay need to meet me there, Flack's doing the same thing. Try and hurry, I need you there."

Danny scratched the top of his head as he said, "Yea, I'll do the best I can, but Lindsay is acting a little weird."
"What do you mean she's acting weird?"

"Um, never mind, I don't know, we'll be there as soon as we can. Bye"

Danny hung up with Mac and then walked over to the bathroom door. He stopped as he knocked on the door and said, "Lindsay, Mac needs us on 4th, homicide."

Lindsay cleared her throat as she said, "Um, okay, I'll be right out."
Danny yawned and then walked over to the closet and pulled his clothes on. After he was done he went to the kitchen to make a quick pot of coffee.

A few minutes later Lindsay walked into the kitchen holding her stomach and the bottle of asperin.
Danny looked over at her and said, "You alright, that phone call really seemed to freak you out."

Lindsay sat the bottle down as she took a cup of coffee from Danny and said, "Yea, I'm good, just got a head ache, that's all."
She leaned up and kissed Danny's cheek as he said, "Okay, if you're sure, let's get going."

Danny took Lindsay's hand and led her out the front door. They both got in the car and took off down the highway.
They made it to the crime scene at 4:15, Mac and Flack were already there.

They both stumbled out of the car, being they were so tired, then Flack came over and smiled as he said, "Too early children?"
Danny gave one of his famous fake laughs as Lindsay again jumped as if she were shot.

Mac had stepped up behind her and brushed her sleeve with his. After she looked at him he smiled slightly and said, "Sorry Linds, you alright?"

Lindsay nodded at once as she said, "I'm fine, why does everyone keep asking me that!"
She took off toward the DB and Flack just started histerically laughing. Mac looked at Danny and said, "What did I do?"

Flack continued to laugh as he said, "I'd tred lightly guys, very lightly. Especially you Messer, she's your girl and you for sure don't want to piss her off."

"Why?" Danny asked sounding confused.
Mac looked over at Lindsay as she stomped the ground. He then looked back at the guys and said, "Ohhhh."
Flack laughed again, then Danny said, "What is it?"
Mac looked Danny straight in the face as he said, " 3 letters Danny, 3 very dangerous letters."

Danny rolled his eyes as he said, "Oh no,, not again."
Flack smiled as he said, "Good luck man, you'll for sure need it with this one. PMS does not get along good with the girls on this team, that's for sure."

Mac nodded and so did Danny.

``````````````````````````````````

TBC

Part 2

````````````````````````

Danny, Mac and Don all walked over to the dead body. Lindsay was knelt down at it looking at her very closely. Danny looked at Flack smiling, then he turned to Mac and raised his eyebrows.

Danny took a deep breath as he said softly, "Lindsay?"
Lindsay looked back at him. He knelt down slowly and put his hand on her shoulder. She shut her eyes as she said referring to Mac, "Sorry about my temper, I didn't mean to snap at you."

Mac smiled slightly as he said, "It's okay, Danny threatened me this morning so no biggy."
Lindsay smiled and Danny stared at Mac. He rolled his eyes and then they all began processing the body. And hour came to pass and they were almost through at the crime scene for the moment. Suddenly though Lindsay had an intense urge for food.

She walked over to Danny and said, "I'm hungry Danny, let's go get something to eat."

Danny stood up from where he was as he said, "Um, Montana, we can't eat, we're in the middle of a case."
Flack was standing by Mac laughing his head off again. He then looked at Mac and said, "He should not have told her that."

"What is wrong with you Jerk Whole!! I'm starving, and I'm going to go get some food!"
Lindsay looked over at Mac and Flack and Flack stopped smiling straight away. Lindsay stormed up to Falck and grabbed his tie. She pulled on it strangling him for a second so he could be closer to her height.

She gave him the evil eye as she said, "And what is wrong with you! Laughing ever since I got here, if it were you you would be crying like the baby you are!"

She finally let go of Flack's tie and stormed off toward the car. She jumped in and took off. Danny ran up behind the moving vehical as he said, "Wait, how am I supposed to.... get home?"

Mac stood still like the dead of night. Blinking every couple of seconds. Flack looked like he was scared to move and Danny was just getting pissed off further not worrying about the girl thing.

Moments later Stella walked up behind Mac and Flack and said, "What did you three do?"
Mac looked down at Stella as he said, "Well, ummm, I didn't do anthing, it was those two instiens!"

Stella nodded as she looked at Flack and said, "Figures!"
Flack whipped his head around while still rubbing his throat and said, "HEY!"
Stella laughed and said, "You have to take it easy on her, her feelings are way on her sleeve right now."

Danny made it over in front of the other three again and said with an angry face, "I don't care that it's PMS, it could be mad cow disease, she does not walk out on a crime scene like that just because she's HUNGRY!"

Stella shook her head to the side smiling, then she looked at Mac and said, "I'll talk talk to her, I'll call and meet her for breakfast."

"You're leaving too?"
Danny said sounding exasperated.

"Stella touched Danny's arm as she said, "Relax Messer, we'll both be at the lab in an hour, don't worry."

Stella took off towatrd her car leaving the three guys standing there again. Danny continued to just shake his head and Mac just stared at Stella's car taking off on a chase. And Flack took a step back as he said, "I'm so glad I'm a guy."
He then turned around and walked away leaving Mac and Danny there to watch him.

```````````````````````````````````

TBC

Thanks you guys, it all just came to me, and the strange thing is is that I could actually see some of this happening. :lol:

More soon

Sorry for double posting.......

Part 3

````````````

When Stella started driving down the highway she picked up her phone and started dialing Lindsay's number. It rang three times and then she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lindsay, it's Stell, I feel kind of hungry too, where are you at?"

"I-hop."

Stella giggled a little and then said, "Ok, well I'm on my way, I'll see you in ten."

Stella hung up with Lindsay, and just as she went to set her phone down it rang. Stella figured it was Lindsay calling her back, but instead it was Mac.

"Hello," Stella said sounding strange.

"Stella, it's Mac."

"Don't you know by now all phones out there show whose calling?"
Stella said that in a frustrated way, so Mac paused a second and then said, "Hey, not you too!"

"What," she asked sounding confused now.
"You're not doing it too..... are you?"

Stella started smiling, but Mac didn't know that. She then pretended she didn't know what he was talking about.
"Doing what?"

"You know....." Mac said calmly.

Stella was almost to the laughing point, but she held it back as she said, "What was it you needed boss?"

"Oh, just letting you know you should hurry, and meet us back at the lab, not the crime scene, I don't think Linds needs to be proccessing evidence out here right now."

Stella nodded as she pulled into the parking lot of I-hop, she then smiled again and said, "Sure thing Mac, oh, and to answer your question.... 1, you never ask a woman if she's pms'ing, and 2, no, I just finished yesterday."

Mac didn't say anything, Stella was just pulling his leg but he didn't know that. He was stunned with her answer. She then started laughing as she said, "Goodbye Detective."

Once she hung up she couldn't control her laughter, she couldn't believe the way guys act about girl things.
So she was giggling all the way into the building.

When she got in she saw Lindsay at a table with a cup of coffee. She waved for Stella to come and join her.

So Stella went over to her and sat down. She smiled real big as she said, "Hey Kiddo, how you doin?"

Lindsay strugged as she said, "Well, everyone knows, so besides being embarrassed I'm okay."

Stella smiled as she said, "You have no reason to be embarrassed Lindsay."

"They're all guys."

"So what, they understand it happens to all girls. Flack just read the book last week."

Lindsay laughed at what Stella said, then Stella laughed too as she said, "You just wanted to leave for that reason didn't you, I've never known you to walk out on cases before. Especially ones that involve Messer."

Lindsay blushed slightly as she said, "That doesn't mean as much to me as it used too, I have him every night when I go home, and that's the best thing ever."
Stella smiled and nodded. Then they both stood up and headed out the door.

As they were heading back to their cars Lindsay said, "I also wanted some good coffee, Danny just doesn't know how to make it."
Stella laughed again as she said, "Yea, you should have MAc give him a lesson."

Lindsay froze in her tracks, she then looked at Stella and said, "What am going to say to him, I just walked out on my boss, he's going to be really angry."

"No he wont, he'll understand, just don't be afraid to talk to him."

"YEa, okay, thanks. See you at the lab?"

"Yep, see ya."

So Lindsay and Stella left I-hop and headed to the lab. They both pulled up just about the same time. Mac was standing outside and just watched them get out of their vehicals.

Lindsay was very nervous, so Stella walked up to her once more and said, "You're no more nervous at this point then he is, just act natural."

Lindsay nodded with a slight smile, then they both headed toward Mac.
When they were about a hundred feet away Lindsay dropped her keys on accident and Stella hurried over to MAcwhile she picked them up. As she past him she leaned up to his ear and said very quietly, "Turn on your charm."

Stella kept walking, then Mac spun around and looked at her as if she had just lost her mind.
It really was a funny sight. Then he turned back around and Lindsay was right beside him.
He raised one eye brow and said calmly, "Full now?"

Lindsay smiled and looked down, then she said, "Sorry Mac, it won;t happen again."

Mac nodded with a smile and then leaned down and hugged her. She closed her eyes and as he pulled away he said, "You better go make up with Messer, he misses you."

Lindsay smiled and nodded as well, then they both headed into the lab together.

------------------------------------------
TBC

Thanks so much, I appreciate the kind words!

Part 4

```````````````````````````

So Lindsay and Mac walked into the lab and the first face they saw wasn't Danny's, to Lindsay's displeasure it was Flack's.

Lindsay shut her eyes and sighed as she stopped walking. She wasn't happy to see him at all, and she wasn't in the modd to hear him laugh at her anymore.

Mac stopped a few feet in front of her. He then looked back and said, "Come on Linds, what is it?"

Lindsay pointed past Mac toward Flack, he had just looked their way. Mac looked at him and then started walking again. He walked right up it front of him as he said quietly, "Don, don't try and be a wise a$$, be nice, and comforting if that's possible."

Flack just stared at Mac, then Mac looked back at Lindsay and smiled and continued to walk down the hall.

Flack watched as Mac dissapeared, then he started his way toward Lindsay. As he got about a hundred feet in front of her she rolled her eyes and turned her back on him and started walking the other way ignoring him. But then Flack started in a jog to catch her.

He touched her arm from behind and said, "Hey, Lindsay, please."

She turned back around and faced him trying not to look to upset. He lowered his head slightly as he said softly, "I'm sorry girl, I didn't mean to keep laughing at you earlier, I was really laughing at the way Danny was acting, not you. I'm sorry, and I hope you'll forgive me."

Lindsay tried not to smile, but the sad puppy dog look on Flack's face just made her. She then giggled and said, "I guess every girl needs that brotherly love, and they should all learn how to deal with it. I'm sorry too."

Flack then winked at her with his beautiful eye and reached out for a hug. She put her arms around him and in no more then five seconds Danny walked up behind them and said, "Hey, Donny! You better get your hands off my woman now, before I have to hide the evidence."

Flack released Lindsay and they both smiled. Then as Flack started to walk off Lindsay grabbed his arm and said, "Thanks Flack."
She then leaned up and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

Flack loved every minute of that in front of Danny, so he looked over at him and said, "I'd be pissed if that was my woman."

Lindsay smacked his arm and Flack said, "Hey, hey, brotherly love remember?"
Flack started to jog out of view and Lindsay just shook her head with a smile on her face.

Then Danny started his way toward Lindsay. She looked up at him as he said, "What are you doin' Montana, just trying to toture me with Don the Doof!"

Lindsay laughed and then Danny smiled as well.
He made it right up in front of her and put his arms around her waist. She rested her head on his shoulder as she said, "I'm sorry for walking out on you Danny, I should have never done that."

Danny pushed her away just enough to look at her in the eyes, then he said, "Yea, you're right, you shouldn't have. And if you ever do it again, I will "have" to hide the evidence."

Lindsay laughed again and said, "You used that one already."
"So what," Danny said strugging. "Have I used this one?"
He leaned into her and kissed her square on the mouth. Lindsay got lost in the moment. When they pulled away from each other there was nothing she could do but smile.

Danny then strugged again and said, "So, can I use the same thing now?"

Lindsay nodded and said, "Yea, I'd like that."

Danny acted like he was going to kiss her again but then backed off quickly. Lindsay looked at him confused, then he said, "We have to save some of it for the apartment, cause you know we can't tripple use something."

"Oh yea, and who said that?"

"Mac, just ask him, it's in his 500 page rule book."

Lindsay laughed once more as did Danny, and then they hugged one more time.

As he was by her ear he said, "And so, this is the battle of PMS........ Thank god you're the woman Lindsay and not me, thank god!"

``````````````````````````````````
The End.

Thanks for reading!

Peace.
:D

Back