CSI LV Awards Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 4, 2006.

1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Several news media publications have already begun bashing the Emmy Academy for their choices. Most people seem to think they didn't even bother watching the tapes they were given, and just re-nominated last year's contenders.

I respectfully disagree about this season - I thought it was great, and there were a lot of really positive critical reviews on it.

I think that if this had been the first or second season of a show, it would have been nominated, it's just that the Emmys tend to give nods to shows more for political or structural reasons than for quality.

2. greg_sara_love

greg_sara_love CSI Level One

WAIT WAIT!!! you mean Eric didnt make it?? you mean all the CSI cast didnt make it??

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Yep. Not a one.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

SAG Awards latest news from official site. As of July 16, 2007 (Snips)

Los Angeles, California – Submissions for the 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® nominations open Monday, July 16, and continue until 5 p.m. (PST), Tuesday, Oct. 30, it was announced today by SAG AwardsTM Committee Chair Yale Summers.

The Screen Actors Guild Award—The Actor®—is presented for outstanding performances in motion pictures and primetime television. With the actor’s permission, producers, studios/networks, agents, managers, or publicists may submit a performance from 2007 for consideration in a category of the actor’s choosing. Actors may also submit their own performances. Nominations for the 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® will be announced on Thursday, Dec. 20, 2007, in Los Angeles.

Of the top industry honors presented to performers, only the Screen Actors Guild Awards® are selected entirely by actors’ peers. Recipients of the 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® will be announced at ceremonies on Sunday, Jan. 27, 2008, simulcast from the Los Angeles Shrine Exposition Center on TNT and TBS at 8 p.m. ET/PT, 7 p.m. CT and 6 p.m. MT.

The nominees for performances in 2007, including the distinctive ensemble awards and the new stunt ensemble honors, will be chosen by two separate film and television nominating panels, each comprised of 2,100 SAG members from across the United States, randomly selected each April. Nomination voting closes on Dec. 18, 2007. Final SAG Awards™ ballots will be mailed on Friday, Dec. 28, 2007, to all eligible voting members of Screen Actors Guild, to be returned by Friday, Jan. 25, to the Guild’s election firm, where results will be sealed until they are opened onstage at the 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards®.

The timetable of the 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® is as follows:
    Monday, July 16 - Nomination Submissions Open
    Friday, Sept. 21 - Deadline for Nominating Committee Members to Make Address Changes
    Monday, Oct. 1 - Media Credential Request Applications Open Online
    Tuesday, Oct. 30 - Submissions End (Due at SAG by 5 p.m. PT)
    Friday, Nov. 2 - Media Credential Request Period Closes
    Tuesday, Nov. 27 - Nomination Ballots Mailed
    Monday, Dec. 17 - Deadline for Paying November 2007 Dues and/or Changing Address with SAG to be Eligible for Final Balloting
    Tuesday, Dec. 18 - Nomination Ballots Due at the Elections Firm by Noon PT
    Thursday, Dec. 20 - Nominations Announced in Los Angeles
    Friday, Dec 28 - Final Ballots Mailed to Members
    Friday, Jan. 25, 2008 - Final Ballots Due at the Elections Firm by Noon PT
    Sunday, Jan. 27 - 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards®

5. Destiny

6. Destiny

Top it goes. :)

7. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

has anyone actually seen any of the actors from csi on the emmys tonight?

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

NOPE none were there, and I even suffered thought the pre-show, with Ryan Seacrest... no one.. and the ones that won, :( give me a break.. please.. and not just because of CSI, but all the other top rated shows, NOTHING. I was pleased about Sally Field,[don't watch this show] and even though she swore they bleeped it out, she looked happy.. great actress, to bad she's not on CSI ;) I wanted Kyra to win :( I enjoyed Tony Bennett with Christina, classy, and the tribute to "ROOTS" with Queen Latifah, gawd, 30 years ago, and Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, their a riot :lol: and The Jersey Boys. enjoyable.. but the others that won, not even as good as our teams, in my opinion! Maybe we should lock these judges in a room, and force them to watch S/7 all the way through :mad:

9. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

*sigh* I too suffered through the pre show. All through it I was saying "Jorja, Jorja, Jorja" in my head, but alas, she wasn't there. Once I thought I caught a glimpse of Marg, but it was probably just my imagination.

I like your idea, desert, about locking the judges in a room. They want emotion, show 'em empty eyes and leapin lizards. They better win some Screen Actors Guild awards in January.

10. Destiny

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

CSI:LV has been nominated for the Peoples' Choice Award for Best TV Drama. Last year's winner, Grey's Anatomy, didn't make the nominees which also include House and Law and Order:SVU.

12. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

YAY!!!! It's about time.

Are there any actors or anything else nominated? When ARE the People's Choice Awards?

13. Destiny

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

No - that was CSI's only nomination. GA got a couple of nods for actors - Patrick Dempsey, Katherine Heigl and Chandra Wilson.

For the most part, I didn't see any shows getting more than about 3 noms.

15. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

We'll still have the PCAs even with the strike, right? Or does it all fall on how long the strike is?

Speaking of which, I hope it gets resolved soon...