"Goodbye & Good Luck" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, November 15, 2007
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#807) "Goodbye & Good Luck"

In Jorja Fox's last episode, a suspect from Sara's past returns, causing her to question her future as a CSI.
    -- For the CSI team, it's business as usual even as they say goodbye to a long-time friend. - So far this season, Sara has been questioning whether or not she wants to continue being a CSI. Following an explosive row with Greg Sanders in the crime department's locker room, the final straw came for Sara when she was ordered to reopen a case that she and Nick had bungled a few years back, involving a suspected 12-year-old murderess (Unusual Suspect). a case from her past that haunts her, and she makes the decision to leave.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Gil Grissom: William Petersen
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    Hodges: Wallace Langham

RECURRING:
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Archie Johnson: Archie Kao
    Ronnie Lake: Jessica Lucas

GUEST CAST:
    Mandy Webster: Sheeri Rappaport
    Henry Andrews: Jon Wellner
    Hannah West: Juliette Goglia
    Marlon West: Douglas Smith
    Jordan Rockwell: Riley Smith
    Kira Dellinger: Holland Roden
    Officer Akers: Larry Sullivan
    Adam Jiminez: Rene L. Moreno
    Kim Jiminez: Onahoua Rodriguez
    Monica: Julianna Guill
    Frat Pledge #1: David Drinkwater
    Frat Pledge #2: Brandon Hillis
    Frat Pledge #3: Jason Layden
    Frat Pledge #4: David Thomas Jenkins
    Frat Pledge #5: Marcus McGee
    Sexy Coed: April Eden
    Male Lover: Zachary Abel
    Judy Tremont: Victoria Prescott
    Officer: DeLon Howell
    Lanie: Ashley Bell

TELEPLAY BY: Allen MacDonald and Naren Shankar, one of the series' executive producers
    STORY BY: Allen MacDonald and Sara Goldfinger
    DIRECTED BY: Kenneth Fink

LINKS: Thanks To:
    "The Futon Critic"
    CSI Files 'CSI' Says 'Goodbye And Hello'
    CSI Files "Sara Says Goodbye"
    "Unusual Suspect" Episode Transcript

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

It says the story was written by Sara Goldfinger and she is the creator of some of the greatest GSR scenes, so her presence comforts me a little. :)

3. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Funny, Greg doesn't seem the type to get in an 'explosive' row with anybody & he and Sara are friends.

sounds like an interesting episode but Greg and Sara fighting is something I have trouble picturing.

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Looks like this Hannah girl will really get to Sara once again. Well, that is how I am interpreting the promo anyway! Guess everyone has their breaking point.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Hannah was quite the manipulater the first time around. This tme should be equally as good, no wonder Sara reaches the breaking point.

As for the fight between Sara and Greg, I'm excited to see what happens. Angsty Greg is quite different from the happy Greg, it'l show some nice range.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

this will be one bad episode to sit through...i don't even know if i will watch it.

I can't stand that Hannah girl, she was terrible the first time around. And now with the kiss, blah. It is pretty crappy of CBS to show the kiss in the preview though, if i were a shipper, i would be mad at that.

7. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I just hope the writers don't make Greg out to be the bad guy in the "explosive row" with Sara. I'd really be disappointed if they did.

I don't remember Sara and Nick messing up that case at all. I've seen the episode twice, but I wouldn't put blame on anyone. The girl scammed the system. She figured it out and got away with it, but I don't remember it being any of the investigators fault.

8. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I wonder if Marlon will get away with it again. He didn't seem too tough without Hannah around.

9. 2imagine

2imagine Victim

If I remember correctly, Nick said he still thought Marlon killed her, but Sara was sure Hannah did it. They went with Hannah.

10. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Can anyone refresh my memory in what episode we already saw Hannah in?

I'd ask this in the episode/character question thread, but I don't want to spoil anyone who doesn't know Hannah will be in this ep. :)

11. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Hannah and Marlon are in The Unsaul Supect.

I think it's in season six but am not sure what number.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

No problem, here is a script for that episode if you want to read through it. "UNUSUAL SUSPECT", The Summery says this, During trial, the teenaged defendant's twelve-year old sister confesses to the brutal murder of a high school teenage girl. Nick and the rest of the team must re-examine the evidence to determine who is telling the truth.

13. yamanbaia

yamanbaia Dead on Arrival

As a shipper i am mad as hell at CBS for showing that kiss in the preview! Years waiting and i just saw it on youtube??

Anyway, from the promos, the final scene is pretty obvious to me: Sara wil probably say to Grissom something like "i'll see you later", kiss, and then as she walks away with that sad face, she KNOWS she's not going to see him in a while. And as we see her driving away in the cab we'll probably hear the letter that she left for Grissom being read. Like when Sara read Grissom's letter.

I hate the fact that so much has been revealed, even if i was looking for spoilers. All those pictures and videos was just too much.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't think they bungle the case (why is it Nick always is the screw up guy).

Nick was very sure that Marlon did it, but because Hannah stood up in court and claimed she did it that put doubt in the jury's mind.

Unless there something there that the two of them missed.

15. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

I heard the parents of Marlon and Hannah are dead. Did the writers seriously kill off the parents. Both parents?

That's an easy way to get a plot about angry parents out of the way.