Mac/Stella #9: Her Greekness Is His Weakness

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by CathStokes, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathwarfan

cathwarfan Lab Technician

I'd definitely love to see it on screen! Jeez! What an idea! I wish the writers would check this forum! :D

2. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Mo, thanks for describing the scenes. Haven't seen the eppy yet. Too bad there is such a lack of SMack this week. I think, they just holding us up on the big bang in 4x10 (too lazy for spoiler box, but y'all know what I mean! :devil: )

Cate, about Stella new in the team. Either she was seeing him doing that to all the newbies (Aiden, Danny, etc.) or she was actually going down that road herself. I kinda like to think that Stella, even she was new in the team, directly hit a soft spot of Mac so he rather chose to teach her the lessons she needed to know than let her walk the treadmill on her own.

*now reaching* Though he was with Claire, he wasn't blind, so teaching her could have brought loads and loads of shared hours where he was able to just plainly admire her looks!! :devil: [/dreaming]

Sheldon he didn't wanna look at so he can figure on himself! :lol:

3. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Here's what I think.

Stella knew Mac for 10 years (Melina said so in season1 so by season4, they know each other for 14-15 years) and I think she hit the soft spot in Mac early on in the friendship. She's like that to all of them. And she knew Claire, too.

Now, I don't think Mac gave Stella "a hard time" -- well, not as "hard" as how Danny or Hawkes or Aiden had it. Why? First, that "soft spot" was stroked ( :devil: ) in him. And of course, Stella knew how to keep up with him. She knew how to handle him -- not to mention could see right through him.

That is what I love about these two. They know each other sooooo much that no effort is needed to create chemistry.

4. CSI_Willows

CSI_Willows CSI Level Two

Exactly, that's the same way how I feel about them :D And you see it more that close friends feel more for each other after a long friendship :devil:

That would be the greatest scene in CSI:NY ever; Mac explaining how much he loves Stella :rolleyes: A girl can dream right? :lol:

5. longlivetheship

longlivetheship Victim

"And with Smacked I think them getting together finally would be both a bit awkward since they have been best friends forever and yet at the same time simple because they have always loved eachother too...either way it would be totally fascinating and lovely to see! :D :D Can't wait!"

just wanted to add something to that. on the series "Jag" on CBS, Harm and Mac worked together for years and in the end of the series they finally got together (like another mulder and scully type). however,they didn't necessarily date.they decided to get married and the series ended with them being engaged and trying to decide where to live.so,I hope the writers don't wait until the end for our mac and stella,but maybe they put danny and lindsay together as an experiment to figure out how they would allow mac and stella's relationship to flow (if that makes sense)

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I always hate when people say: "No they shouldn't be a couple cause they share this great friendship, they are just good friends" Not only for Mac and Stella but in general. And I always think: "But shouldn't your boyfriend/husband, girlfriend/wife on top of everything, be your greatest friend? I mean when both of you are like 80 years old, (I have a point bear with me)there's not much left to do but talk to your partner and BE GOOD FRIENDS. If you don't have that trust and communication and know him/her better than anybody else, it won't work!! So if a couple is great, great friends then that's a good start for them. Of course it does not mean that if you're friends with someone then you're going to be a couple but then again IT IS NOT THE REASON NOT TO BE. It's like Grissom and Cath and people saying they shouldn't be together because they are good friends, well that's a wonderful reason for them to BE together (sorry for the non-shippers, don't take it personal it is just an example).

Ok so now that I've taken all of that off my chest... Stella and Mac are great friends. They know each other really well, they've been through a lot together and are always there for each other. So I think all of that establishes a foundation which would be great for when they get together. (Notice the term WHEN)I agree that taking the step might be a little awkard like someone mention cause you're seeing this person from a whole new perspective, but once they get pass that they will see this wonderful person who is their friend and with whom they are so comfortable with. And that is one of the top reasons why they belong together. :D

7. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Be careful in wording, dear. This might sound offensive to the original poster. I am not saying this was intended the way, of course not, I am just saying be careful... :)

As for the topic: Since it is a TV show, I have a different POV as for RL of course. There ppl usually get together when they figure they have feelings for each other and free to go for them. I am sure the most of you had never have an 8 years run of the Tony-and-Angela-way of getting together with your b/gfriend. If you're in love, you aren't afraid of commitment, or you haven't been in the same chain of command or mostly, it isn't your best friend of years that you never found attractive in first place, so you think waiting for about 3 months to finally make a move (or being a move to be made on) is the longest time you have ever been waiting, longer than for Christmas... And nothing is sweeter to me than to see ppl around me fall in love, getting together, moving in, getting engaged and live happily ever after. That is sooo cute to watch (or to live! :D)

That said, TV shows are different cause they dance around each other to attract the audience. And that's for me the biggest fun. I am soooo in for seeing Mac and Stella get together finally, though I am not interested anymore in seeing them getting married, having children. That just doesn't do it for me. The UST ist gone, bang, I don't care anymore. Sorry... So it shouldn't be to early on a show (D/L was too early IMHO) and I really love to drag that moment out they will come together as long as possible. Still, on JAG e.g. it got boring at some point, cause after S7 there was basically no UST anymore between the two characters and then things got ridiculous (Webb!). So, getting them together in the end is sth I really like to see but, seriously!, the timing needs to be right.

Getting Mac and Stella together should be something very special and in a quite slow way. It shouldn't be done in a big bang, wow we're in love, let's get married way like other shows did it. I also don't wanna see em getting together, then splitting up for drama reasons cause show is running longer than expected and then reconcile in the end. Since M/S has such a strong friendship it both wouldn't be believable IMO.

How about Stella kissing Mac after a night out on the cheek but Mac was thinking the same, so they both miss... well the cheek... and catch the mouth. That would be something nice. Cause of course it will be awkward for them (while we're squeeing as loud as possible! :devil: ), but that might cause a change in direction for them. So we have a kick off, where we see a Mac more glancing her, getting sometimes carried away from his folders, when she is passing by. She meanwhile is trying to play cool in his presence but fails it sometimes, spluttering words out that weren't supposed to be said just thought, still all CSI style, nothing too cheesy or fancy. And so we keep going... Then it won't get awkward in the end. It just should get nice and slow. Don't gimme a big bang! Like Uuuh, we've spent the night together! What to do, what to do?? Pls not!! But that's just me, I guess...

8. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Yeah I agree with you Bona, If TPTB did a big bang thing I would probably be like wtfiretruck?! this is completely ooc for both characters. I'd like to think that TPTB is giving us all these gorgeous moments between the two of them because it's leading up to something slowly.

9. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Definitly! Count me on the let's-get-things-on-a-slow-way list. As you, I think this is the only logical and rational way to make those two to end toghether.

The fact of having them spending one crazy night in each other arms doesn't feel right to me because after ten years of friendship and all, why do it now? Mac and Stella are not known for being that much impulsive when it comes to each other. So, yes, I rather like the way things are going now, chemistry between them, so lovely moments of little flirt... All this surely will lead us to the conclusion we all are waiting for.

Mac and Stella are meant to be toghether, so let's be patient!

10. magicmunchies

Yes I don't see them going, Hmmm I love you, now let's just go away and have lots and lots of sex :devil: . I should hope that it would be a lot deeper than that.

11. cathwarfan

cathwarfan Lab Technician

Here's my favourite quotation from the X-Files which really fits here: "It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before, like a switch has been flicked somewhere, and the person who was just a friend is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."
    That's exactly what smacked is about! :D

12. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Ooooh ship talk.... juicy! XD But me is not in ze mood for a long ass post-slash-rant-slash-getting my point across. :lol:

When it comes to SMACked, I don't know... they're unpredictable. Even if we can soooo see that there's a possibility of them ending up being together, I don't think it'll be that easy. Because first, TPTB know that too and know all too well that putting them on canon will REALLY sell like hotcakes. They want to keep their viewers in suspense and keep them asking "will they or won't they". We could have something to talk about (our own ideas on where the ship is going to go) and not just hanging on to every little thing they will *eventually* give us (such as in any canon TV couple).

At their ages (Mac and Stella, I mean), I don't see them being lovey-dovey sooooo much that it's sickening. Little fleeting glances and touches here and there -- and of course, their signature eye-smex.

Remember how Mac was with Peyton? Discreet, almost hesitant, but sweet? Yeah, like that. Only with Stella, that style would work better. I think one of the reasons why "Pac" did not work as smoothly as SMACked did (apart from the obvious reasons LOL) is because Peyton was too showy of her affections but Mac was the opposite. He wasn't touchy and I have to say, a bit uptight. Not to mention the only times he loosened up (laughed, SMILED, touched somebody) were the times with Stella. And hey, when she touches him, he doesn't even bat an eyelash.

13. privatename

privatename Rookie

I so agree with Bona. I think that if they do decide to become involved romantically on the show (and honestly I am okay with them leaving it ambiguous at the end of the show) it should be further down the road and should develop very very slowly. I would really hate to see them just decide to go for it one night. To me it would seem out of character.

I like the quote from the X-files. I never watched that show so I don't know how that relationship developed, but it is a great quote and really seems to fit Mac/Stella.

I am happy with just getting the kinds of scenes we have been getting -- the little smiles and conversations and all the little things that show how close they are as friends and how much they care for and support each other. IMO the chemistry between these two is palpable and the shows of friendship are what demonstrate that beyond a possible sexual connection, they could be an amazing couple and shrae the kind of relationship that combines true friendship and true attraction. And, yes, I know they are fictional :)

14. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

That is SO very true!! It's like there's not even any work involved when it comes to making these two work...they just have so much history and shared....everything together that it is as natural as breathing between them...and that is what I LOVE! :D

Sor hon, I am with you I would adore a scene of Mac explaining why he loved Stella...they did a sort of scene like that with another of my favorite shows/couples...in Without a Trace, Jack Malone explains why he loves woman and goes off on it for a minute or two...I would LOVE to see Mac say something like that, and we all would KNOW he was talking about Stel! :D

This quote is PERFECT...perfect in general and completely perfect for Smacked, that is so how I see things happening for them! A switch is flicked and suddenly they look at eachother...and *Swoon!* :D

Lol, Cate yeah I totally agree on that, the only time Mac loosens up is with Stella and yeah she touches him all the time and even kisses him and he is totally okay with it! I think they wouldn't be all lovey dovey since that's not really either of their styles...at least not at work...at home they'd make up for all the affection missed at work! :devil: :D

Can't wait til our big eppy's! :D

15. magicmunchies

Oooh Mac! Oooh Stella *vomits*

She has style no doubts about it.

Peyton was never completly right. I always got the feeling that Peyton didn't like coming third (1st Clare, 2nd Stella) but I never thought Stella would mind coming second as she knew how much Clare meant to Mac.

Perfect for them :)

:devil: I've always reckoned both of them would be really good in bed...:devil: :devil: :devil: Is it just me who thinks that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.