Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Welcome to the thread and I think the best info about Lindsay can be found on this Wikipedia page and for that hospital scene I'd recommend searching for Sugah66 on YouTube and watch the clips for 'The Story of Danny & Lindsay' part 27.

2. Clytia

Clytia Hit and Run

I loved Lindsay in BOO! It was great to see she can get out of the lab, she can do her job, and she is still a detective! Holding a gun, interrogate!

Love when she is upset! “Do we look like we're here buying postcards?” lol go Lindsay, go! :)

I found the last two scenes really great! It was really about Lindsay, her character, her personality…
    The suitcase scene! She doesn’t really want to open the suitcase, she figures (like Danny) what she will find, and she’s not sure if she wants to do it…But, then again,( not sure if this is a good thing :rolleyes:) but Danny is here…He gives her a ‘you can do it’ look…She opens it and she sighs, and Danny looks away…sad scene…Then the mother grabs her arm, and she froze, this is something Lindsay still can’t deal with! In her look, she begs the officer to take away the mother…Then Danny and Lindsay exchange looks, gestures …no word…And then, they close the suitcase together! Really great scene!!! Something that reminds me 3x18 SOOH… :D

The scene when she interrogates the mother, was great too! I think Lindsay is a person who doesn’t want to break down. (She barely did it: Silent Night, SOOH…) She doesn’t want to show her emotions especially on the job! She represses them! So she behaves a little rude…She always wants to know WHY, she wants to be right, she wants to understand…She is Determined! (s3, s2, All Access, Stealing Home…love the scene in the end with Mac, and at the prison…”Why?”!)
    She also can be sympathetic, when she knows the reasons! And still doing her job!
    Love this scene with the mother, little one but great!

3. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

Lindsay was awesome tonight in "Commmuted Sentences." She only could have been more awesome in my book if she'd body-checked a fleeing suspect. :)

4. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Really? Good for our little Linds! But, shamely, I won't be able to say it by myself until tonight, when I spect getting home :p

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

5. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I second that. she was so cute with Danny and the slingshot and in that scene while taking evidence from Amber pulling the bad-ass face and that remark

and I loved her clothes :)

6. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Me too! specially that green-jacket she wore at the second half of the episode!

Really loved, too, all the chemistry (love or friendship kind, I'm not going to specify about that now because it's really late and I need my 8h of fully sleep) she shared with Danny while processing the museum scene. Long time since not seeing this intimaci between those two!

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

7. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I really liked Lindsay in "Commuted Sentences"! I enjoyed the interaction between she and Danny, it reminded me more of how they were together back in S2, before they became "an item". I don't ship them (hope I'm not making any enemies by admitting that! :lol:) but I enjoy their chemistry together when they're more like they were this week: good friends, wise-cracking with eachother, and comfortable. I feel the "romance" between them is often forced, but they do very well when they're just "hanging out", does that make sense? At any rate, I feel Lindsay is hitting her stride this season. :)

8. NinaM

NinaM Hit and Run

I really enjoyed Lindsay in "Commuted Sentences"
    Loved the interaction between her and Danny, they really work well together.

The slingshot scene was funny, and their renactment of the crime was really cute.

She was smart, she was funny....let's just say I thought she was great *lol*
    And she really looked great too.

9. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

yeah, she did look great

and I love how she almost glowed that her idea worked and then the smile after Danny called her Dennis the Menace - so sweet. I wonder whether Carmine ad-libbed it or it was in the script

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I think we're slowly getting the former Linday back. The one we oh so loveed in Season 2 before she was sidetracked in the third Season.

Although I do love her to bits, I don't think she's quite there yet. Possibly due to Anna's new baby - she's still not up to her usual par. I hope that she comes back full force soon enough :) This season seems to have been a great start for her.

11. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Loved her in the lastest ep, as everyone has said she was back to the s2 character i think everyone enjoyed. I like the whole DL to a degree but i like the bickering she does it well, she knows how to comeback to his wisecrack, that for me is what makes her entertaining.

12. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

yay! Definitely, clap your hands, the old Linds is back! A big hurra for her! :D

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I agree Lindsay as we know here is coming back :D

I loved her in the last ep!!! Slingshots and boys!!

14. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I partially agree with you, Liff. the banter is there but something is probably still missing. like the fire inside of her is not burning full force yet.

but maybe they just need to let her interogate a suspect again. or tackle one. when Danny & Flack can, and even Stella, then why not her. (I know probably due to Annas pregnacy but by now that shoudlt be such a problem, right?)

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Okay, maybe I worded it wrongly in my previous post. I think the Lindsay we all love and adore is definately coming back. She's just not quite back to her old self yet. Like you said, there's just something missing at the moment, and I can't help but wonder if it's energy. She was alot more perky in the second season. But I have no doubts that Anna will swing back soon enough :) We're still young through the season - she has the potential to wow us all.

Like I said, I think it's the energy, she's now forced to channel it into her child and that takes alot out of you (as an ex-teacher - I KNOW). I don't blame her, and I think she's doing great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.