Grade 'Commuted Sentences'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep tonight! What did you think? :cool:

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, 45 minutes in...

~ Kendall is less annoying this time, but I really wish they'd cool it with the let's-make-Adam-look-foolish thing. :rolleyes:

~ Also, Adam doesn't have baby fat. Take me to that wench and let me smack her upside the head. Adam, quit trying to lose weight. Mama likes the chubby cheeks.

~ Flack and Angell--that was cute. I want to be the filling in that NYPD sammich. ;)

~ However--how much flirting do we need in one episode? Seriously? In the real world, how do boys and girls manage to work together without constantly batting their eyes at each other? *sigh*

More later, I guess...I'm going to have to re-watch to completely understand all of the connections.

3. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Flack and Angell made this episode for me. That should be the template for flirting, 'cause the two of them burned it up. Have we ever seen them in the same scene together before?

The science in the episode was a little tricky to follow and I wish we had had a little more explanation to it... but I guess my brain was working this evening so I figured it out.

What I hated is that this seemed like a retread of a Vegas episode which was itself a retelling of a movie, "Strangers on a Train" or somesuch (right, Faylinn?). At any rate, I hate to figure out where the plot is going before the episode is halfway done and that totally ruined it for me. The ending though makes me want to believe that those two women did know each other and that Stella has them figure out.

B.

4. snowbird

snowbird Witness

I found the story a little lacking and I really wasn't paying much attention to it. I like Flack and Angell and Adam and Kendall. I think because Montana bothered me so much last week I just wasn't in the mood for her this week. The D/L flirting to me just seemed blank as if there was nothing there.

Nothing really to do with the episode, but I didn't know where else to post this grievance, and I think those of you who watch CTV will feel the same. I'm really annoyed with the inconsistene previews for the next episode, they gave one at the end of last weeks, but none tonight. /rant.

5. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

well, that episode made me quite happy :)...after the bore of last week...redemption! *literally, I guess, as was the theme for this episode* :)

Kendall was pretty good this ep...she proved herself useful and wasn't too annoying, though i did think it would have been better if she had choked on a piece of her chocolate bar when she was distracting Adam :devil:...poor Adam, all hallucinogenic on the lemon juice/chili pepper combo...that's not fair to him! Nuthin wrong with a little baby fat...he's cute the way he is...

Angel and Flack = all kinds of yummy...loved their flirtation, and agree that it should be held as the example - look forward to seeing more of that, and by more of that, of course, i mean more of flack *wink wink, nudge nudge*

There's lots of love goin round in the lab, eh? The Danny and Lindsay stuff was not terrible, little bit cute - I 'awwed' once, i think...It was nice to see Danny not sullen and brooding around Lindsay for once.

Liked the storyline, though reminiscent of CSI LV, it kept my attention from beginning to end. All in all, A-

...Is it just me, or does Flack's bulletproof vest get shorter and shorter each episode? Pretty soon it will be reduced to a little heartshaped velcro patch he applies over the center of his chest...Not really protectin the vitals...it's all good till someone gets shot in the...'leg'... :lol:

6. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

I'm going with "B". I liked the storyline, but the science side was a little hard to follow (I sometimes felt like I wasn't paying enough attention).

Other notes:

-Kendall still annoyed me. I didn't like her messing with Adam, I didn't find it cute, I found it mean. Maybe because I have done the same arsenic diet! ;)

-The theme song remix may be growing on me. I still think the end of it is weird though.

-Angell and Flack were cute, but I also loved how they got busted. (I also agree with Fay, I want to be the PB&J) :p

-So were Danny and Lindsay. It was bantering fun, but not too over the top/in your face. I think there may have also been more than one facial expression, though I will have to take a closer look. :rolleyes:

-But too much freaking flirting/coupling in one episode, meter it out a bit, OK writer's? If I wanted One Tree Hill or some other WB/CW show, I would watch them.

-I agree with springmoon on the ending, I think they did know each other.

THANK GOD FOR NO 333 (yes, I am shouting it from the rooftops). :D

7. audrina

audrina Police Officer

Add me to the loving the Flack/Angell scene. The actors seemed very easy, loved embarrassed Flack. Very cute. Kendall still annoys me, though. Just ick. Sorry.

ITA w/ Springmoon ... I was thinking, "Not another 'strangers on a train' retread.'" At first I was thinking "Murder on the Orient Express," multiple killers of hte first guy though. Ironically both about a train? Lord, I'm tired.

Still annoyed at all the richy victims. How about some regular people or, gasp, some poor people? Heloooo?

8. KRAD

KRAD Dead on Arrival

Loved getting the background on Angell (and it happened just in time for me to be able to squeeze in a reference to it in Four Walls, which has quite a bit of Angell), and loved her and Flack flirting. There was more heat in that one scene than in all the Danny/Lindsay scenes from the past two seasons combined.

But once again my disbelief was stretched: 1) The steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art are among the most walked-on set of steps in the world. The notion that any evidence would've survived past a few hours strains credulity to the breaking point. 2) Danny called every hospital in New York City and there were no suspicious gunshot wounds? If this show was taking place in a college town in Kansas, I'd buy that, but in NYC? There'd be dozens of suspicious gunshot wounds in every hospital.

9. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

hey least it's not csi: miami.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

They really were cute--but I wish it had been the only flirting in the episode. It's like there was something in the water this week. :rolleyes:

But no, we've never seen them in the same scene together.

A few more thoughts from me:

~ Mmm, Stella's cleavage. :devil:
    ~ Kendall, stop trying to get me to like you by showing cleavage, it's not going to work...*is weak* ;)
    ~ I LOVE SID AND HAWKES IN THE SAME SCENES! Seriously, I adore those two together. Hill and Bob should work together more, I love it. :D
    ~ Oh, hey guys, did you know that LINDSAY IS FROM MONTANA?!?! I think we might have gone an episode or two without a reminder. Whew! Thanks for letting us know again, writers, I needed that! [/sarcasm]

11. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

how adorable was blushing Flack? omg that scene was too cute

I loved the episode I thought it was fantastic. Didn't like the past 2 episodes much so this definately made up for it.

A.

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I didn't realize that was Angell he was with...way better than whatsername from YODT.

I'm unsure how some will react to all the D/L but at least it wasn't *too* over the top.

I'm going to have to either rewatch on On Demand or read the review cause I got distracted with the PC and am unsure about the last bit of the episode and what the stories were, other than the victim apparently killing her attacker. I'm not sure who stabbed the other guy bullfight style or if the cases were connected.

Where did all those tools come from in the slingshot scene? they aren't first aid kit tools. I also was wondering what some of you would think about Lindsay hitting the shots so accurately but then she's a cop and would have been on the shooting range. Still, it's a slingshot, not a gun...*wonders*

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm going with a B for this ep.

The cases were interesting, a bit "out there", and kept me thinking I new what the outcome was going to be. I didn't. I had vague notions that turned out to be partly correct, but they managed to make me go WTF, in a good way, with the motives and connections.

The fast action cam thing is getting annoying. I think they used it about 847 times this episode. I don't want to have to take motion sickness meds. before watching network televison. Seriously, less is more when it comes to those shots.

I loved Sid's and Hawkes' explanations of the DB and the bacteria. Especially Hawkes. Holy wealth of information, Batman!

There were loads of good lines tonight:

"They should've stopped at two." - Flack
    "Chemical compounds just roll off my tounge." - Stella
    "Real sharp, Larry" - Flack
    "That's too low, wiseass." - Danny
    "Boom" - Danny
    Calling Lindsay "Dennis the Menace" - Danny
    "That woman pisses me off." - Flack

I never thought I'd say this, but I really enjoyed the Danny and Lindsay interaction. It was light and funny and Anna Belknap seemed like she was having a lot of fun with it. If they were more like this all the time I could deal with them being together. I still have a hard time with AB's one facial expression. This season instead of the "scrunch face," she's giving us Lindsay "blank stare" Monroe. Oh, and Danny knowing all about the Black Card was great. He so wishes he had one. :cool:

There were two things that really bugged me. One, the whole murderer going all bullfighter on the vic's ass and knowing exactly how to stab the guy to do all that damage with four knives. Really? Yeah, really didn't buy that so much. :rolleyes: Two, Lindsay's sling shot trajectory determination. I know I said I wanted Lindsay to figure out things in ways that would distinguish her as being from Montana as opposed to NY, but seriously. Is that how they do CSI work in Montana? :confused: How about next time we show her doing things differently that doesn't make her look like a back woods hick? :rolleyes: I mean the exchange with Danny about shooting squirrels and boys was cute and all, but c'mon, that was just stupid.

What is it with Flack and naked suspects so far this season? At least this one wasn't a dude. :p And he was really pissed at the nurse chick in interrogation. That's OK, Flack, I didn't believe her at that point either. The scene with Angell was fabulous! They have good chemistry. Flack blushing and Angell calling him on it was great. Angell seemed to find him quite adorable, but then again, who wouldn't? And Flack has no game? Yeah, sure, I believe you Flackie boy. ;)

The chick who ended up being the guy's killer was quite the uber-biatch. :mad:

Kendall made another appearance. This time Bess Wohl didn't annoy the hell out of me. Kendall, did, however. Telling Mac about Adam dieting after some chick in a club telling he has "cute babyfat," and then being alll seductive behind Mac's back when Adam is trying to talk and she knows he has a crush on her was just unprofessional and stupid. If that's all she's around to do, the show's better off without her. :rolleyes:

From the spoilers I thought one of the vics was supposed to be a female sex offender who went free. Either that got changed or I totally misread the spoilers. :confused:

14. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

A+. Too much awesome for a simple numbered list. Not that it won't stop me from trying.

1. The scene with Flack, Det. Angell, and the killer in the car. It was pegging the awesome meter even before the killer showed up to share her itinerary. That moved it from awesome to doubleplus awesome.

2. Danny and Lindsay. Also awesome, especially recreating the shot that bounced off the pillar. They looked like they were both having a lot of fun and were still happy with each other.

3. Lindsay could only have been better in this episode if she'd had to body check a suspect.

4. Oh, the reason she improvised a slingshot weapon to find the missing bullet? Probably because doing a live-fire ballistics test on the steps of a museum would have been a bad idea. :) I find it hard to believe she hit the ricochet mark dead on, though... I'll let it slide though. :)

5. I'll even let the "Miami moment" slide when they were talking about the food poisoning bacteria mutating the killer's DNA. The killer would have had no way to know that when she got in Flack and Angell's car.

6. That last scene... where the killer and Fern share that glance, and then Stella has a look on her face with just a smidgen of doubt whether Fern was in on it after all... was just terrific. :) (I don't think Fern was in on it, though...)

7. Adam and Kendall with Mac in the middle. Comedy. Gold. No other words.

15. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

The cases were interesting, & I love it when it turns into a 1 case episode. ;)

Now... WTF happened in NY?

Love is all around me. It's everywhere I go, oh yes it is. Love is in the air, or an extremely high level of mercury is in the water. :rolleyes: Ever heard of to much being nauseating? They were kinda cute. Yes, all 6 of them! :rolleyes: But since I got an flirting overdose now, may I please not see any of it for the rest of the season. Please!! :(

Oh, and I'll probably sound like a big baby, but I feel like they gave Kendall and Angell more screen time than they gave Hawkes, Flack & Adam. Not happy about that! Yes, counting the minutes that this 2 were on screen will most likely prove me wrong... And yes, I know that this is just my inner fangirl being a brat & wanting to see the boys more. But it bothered me.. Who are the regulars here? :( You know TPTB, I'm not supposed to get this feeling at the end of an episode. But I do...

What got me thinking was the look exchanged at the end op the episode. "Thank you.""I won't be able to do this no more, it's up to you." "You understand the grays between the black and white." Stella was there, but I got the feeling that she didn't understood all of it. She could relate, but not the way this too women did. Fern Lazlow ( the nurse) seemed to have taken the same leap that Amber & Joanna. More that solidarity there was a promise in their look "I'll take it from here." In a perfect CSI NY where continuity exists, we would hear from Fern Lazlow again. I actually loved this scene. So, gotta say, the actresses ( Jenny J. Wade & Lauren Stamile) were amazing.

Gotta watch the episode again and elaborate more. ;)