Supernatural

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by draig_goch, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

It doesn't play on Space until Tuesdays now, I think. It's on twice... around 8 p.m.-ish and midnight-ish (give or take a couple hours depending on time zones and whether I'm remembering that correctly, lol).

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Thanks! I think it's on at 7pm here (Vancouver) and possibly later (which would be better).

Anyway, turns out Without a Trace isn't on until tomorrow night, so I'm OK! Now I just have to hope my roomie doesn't try to pull her "I'm home on Thursday nights now, so I want to watch Grey's Anatomy" bit again. She tried it last week and we had our first fight as roomates! :lol: Seriously, I've been watching this every Thursday for weeks. How would she feel if I was suddenly home on a Thursday night and said, "We're watching my show tonight instead." Yeah, that would have gone over well! :p

She has only child tendancies. She'll have to learn to move past them! :lol:

Edited to add: Oh, I forgot to mention I was watching Criminal Minds last night and Bobby was on as a sheriff! Cool. :)

3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

THAT's why he looked so familiar! [​IMG] I swear, sometimes my brain just flat out fails me.... ;)

ETA: may as well add to this post....so tonight's episode...Sam and Gert (?) were just priceless!! and Dean's reactions to Bella's suggestion of "angry sex" cracked me up!! :lol: :lol: I don't mind Bella too much, but she does slightly bug me more than Ruby. She's ballsy though and I like that. Anywho, that's all I've got for now. My brain (once again...sheesh! :p) is tired and I probably need to watch the episode again. The show is doing great this season so far though! Great episodes each week!

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ I saw that Criminal Minds episode too. :lol: I was all "I thought I recognized him!" :eek: It's cool that I'm noticing people who've been on Supernatural in other shows. Like on Futureshop commercials.

This episode tonight was fantastic! :D I didn't prefer last week's episode so much but this one had a great mix of comedy and lore. About time. :)

I'll add more of my thoughts when I'm less tired but I have to say, Sam is cracking me up this season! I'm lovin' his lighter side, especially his scenes with Gert. Hee. That was hilarious.

Dean and Bella make an awkward yet funny team. Kind of reminds me of Jensen's days on 'Dark Angel' with Jessica Alba. Ah good times.

OH! Before I forget, did anyone else notice that Dean sniffed the money that Bella tossed to him? Jensen totally did that as Alec on 'Dark Angel'. :D Made me smile.

5. touchcookies

touchcookies Witness

I loved this episode even though I missed all the funny parts(stupid phone) I love when they do scary but remember to add in the funny parts.

Oh man when Bela made the security guy think that her and Dean were having some fun and then Dean walked up and the security guard just walked away smiling. That was so funny.

6. BabaOReilly

Decent episode, and you got to see some of the nice waterfront areas around here... but I don't like that they're trying to create some sort of sexual tension between Bella and Dean. It makes me uncomfortable, I think because I just don't really like her. For some reason, I think the overly polished Brit accent just gets on my nerves. I think I might mind her less without that. Who knows?

Anyway, I almost snorted my drink out my nose when Dean said "You stink like sex." :lol: :lol: :lol: That and the Thai massage comment had me howling. Classic Dean.

And Sam with that super cougar! Hilarious! Jared did some good work in those scenes, for sure.

In terms of the actual "case" they were working on though- it seemed more like a means to an ends rather than a key part of the plot; like they needed something to flesh out the Bella stuff or something. I don't know. I guess it just seemed sort of half-assed to me. I still enjoyed the episode, though, nevertheless. :)

7. BabaOReilly

OK, just watched the ad for this week's show and man oh man... this could be a doozie! Can't wait!

On a side note, I don't like how the CW has added the girls to the picture of the Winchester boys on their Supernatural page. Pfffft! :p That's totally uncool. They should have Bobby up there before those two chicks! :eek:

8. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

What? they added those 2 girls before Bobby? :eek: Bobby should be there with the boys and not those 2 girls.

Oh, I loved the last episode and where some great funny moments in them and some great Dean quotes like always. :p

9. BabaOReilly

^^^ Your avatar just reminded me of another hilarious moment- Dean about to pass out when he thinks someone's stolen the Impala! That had me seriously cracking up! :lol:

10. CSIMiamiGurl1988

CSIMiamiGurl1988 Witness

I really hope Sam figures out a way to save Dean and hopefully when season 3 is over they come back for season 4...Supernatural is an awesome show, mostly because it's got two cute guys on it....Jared and Jensen.

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Yeah, hopefully Sammy can save Dean, it's the least he can do as Dean essentially had to 'save' Sam in season two. He did a bang-up job too. :p

I was watching 'Red Sky At Morning' with my parents because it was on Space tonight--They totally don't understand why I find scenes utterly hilarious. :lol: My mom's excuse was "Dean's just another pretty face." Er, yes but a very FUNNY pretty face. Hee.

Gawd, I'm so shallow when I watch this show.

12. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

That part cracked me totally up too :lol:
    I love how the writers/directors add funny lines and scenes in Supernatural episodes.

13. BabaOReilly

Tonight's episode looks a little less funny though... I think we're in for some serious drama. Should be cool! :D

Edited to add Just watched it and yes it was a little more serious. But mostly right now I just want to say: Jared Padalecki, you're a star! That little speech to Dean was so moving... I swear to god I was starting to well up. :( He did an awesome job with that scene, truly. :D

Great episode. More later after I sleep on it.

14. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Oh show, you never cease to amaze me. <3 <3 <3

I love this episode on many levels. While I still have been loving season three to bits, it's seemed... different somehow. I felt this episode was back to classic SPN style, but even better.

Fav. things:
    -Oh Sammy! Oh Dean! Your little heart-to-heart scene was beautiful. I also welled up. The brotherly relationship has been so off lately, but now I think things will start to patch up. Loved the music too.
    -Gordon the Vampire. They did such a fantastic job with that. Well written, fantastic sound and lighting and visual effects, and Sterling K. Brown acted it superbly. Loved it, loved it so much.
    -Very think-y episode with all the moral issues and what-not, as well as plot development and whatever. I dunno, it just came across as being fairly intelligent to me.
    -Fixing the car. 'nuff said.

Also, I totally thought Sam was gonna go psy!kid at some point. First when he was like "Dean, I know you're scared" I was like "OMG! He's empathic! They finally made him empathic!" Then, throughout the end scene with Gordon, I was like "Ok, in the dark with a guy who was badass as a human, and 10 times worse as a vampire... there's only one way out of this Sammy. Use your brain." I was so sure it was gonna happen... and I'm not entirely convinced that it didn't happen. First off, he 'charged a super-vamped-out Gordon, with no weapon.' Second off, he then beheaded super-vamped-out Gordon with razor wire. Now, I'm no expert on beheading people, but you'd probably have to be pretty strong to pull that off. Like maybe super-strong, eh? Eh? *is grasping at straws*

Also, OMG. The art department are my heroes. On the wall that Gordon bit Dean against is a sign that says "139 days without a lost time accident. The best previous record was 183 days." This is at least the second time they've had a sign like this... they had one in Nightshifter, on the wall that Dean stabbed the shapeshifter against.

15. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Thought I'd share---

From TV Guide: Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles in Supernatural by Sergei Bachlakov/The CWJensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, who play Supernatural's hunters of evildoers, got some love from their real-life sort-of counterparts. In a ceremony held on Veterans' Day in Chicago, Army Master Sgt. Kevin Wise, First Special Forces out of Baghdad, presented the actors with congratulatory letters and Special Forces coins. It seems the CW series is one of the most popular — some say the No. 1 — DVD request from military members over there. According to a letter Sgt. Wise read, watching the demon-killing Winchester brothers helps soldiers forget the stress of war and reminds them of family and home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.