voice changed

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by major_csi_fan, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. major_csi_fan

major_csi_fan Witness

i was watching a few episodes of csi latly and i noticed in some it applys mainly to grissom and cathrine and few time with jim. But i noticed sumtime when they talk there voice all of a sudden sounds diffrent maybe little deeper or not how they normally sound i dunno if i am being picky or it just voice doubling lol any answer wud b gr8

thanks

2. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

sometimes the actors do voice overs in the studio. It'll be the same actor, just maybe the tone will sound a bit different as it's recorded elswhere. Can't say I notice it that much on CSI, but there is one or two times it's noticable. There is one in a real early episode, where Grissom calls someone a prick or something, which has been dubbed over with a different word by William Petersen.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

The voice difference could also be a result of the closeness of the microphones. When they are in their lab coats they sometimes have a black pen like device in their pockets. In actual fact it's a microphone. I learned this from watching the extras on the DVDs.

4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

And not just studio voice-overs, but maybe a different tone of voice when the editors select a different take from the scene when putting it all together. Most of the time, scenes are not shot in one continuous shot. Although I have to say that those are probably my favorite shots - when one camera follows all the way through a scene.

5. major_csi_fan

major_csi_fan Witness

Thanks that has helped alot but i heard they use voice doubles in shows as in voice soundalikes for lines sometime is this true lol

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

The makers of one of the CSI games for the computer used other actors for the voices of Sara and Catherine, while the male characters were the usual TV actors.

7. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I've noticed that George Eads voice has changed in season 8. Unsure why, but I hear that he is or has given up smoking so that could be the reason why ( to me ) it appears deaper. Watching an earlier episode from season 2 i think, he's voice is lighter higher a little.

8. yamanbaia

yamanbaia Dead on Arrival

I allways thought Petersen got a lot of colds, and that was why his voice was different from time to time.

In "law of gravity" his voice is al raspy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.