CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers--Get 'Em In A New York Minute

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

:eek: Really? LOL I guess that watching Dawson's Creek did made me think of him as in his 20s. :p * makes mental note of checking an actors age next time"

2. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

I get what you mean, Partly, and I'm completely with you. Basically, the comon spoilers that we are used to read, are about "X is found dead in strange circumstances, and Mac and Stella must discover who the perp is. Meanwhile; Danny, Linds and Hawkes try to find out the origin of a strange infection that has left six victims behind. Flack is on the show, too".

Well, this kind of spoilers are just great because then we can start our own discussion like "Danny is going to be afected by that case, so maybe it has connections with his family" and speculate about if "maybe Stella is targeted by the perp and Mac will have to rush in order to save her".

As I've said, this kind of spoilers are great, even if at the end, that original spoiler comes to be nothing but a slight plot-line.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The spoilers for 413 are probably the last ones we're going to see for a while. I just hope the writers' strike doesn't end up tanking the storyline--if the strike goes on for ages and ages, the Danny storyline could end up being dropped if the writers or the network simply assumes the viewers have forgotten it or lost interest. Let's hope that's not the case, because honestly I think this is the most I've been excited about a NY storyline since RSRD.

I do wonder if 333 is being wrapped up in ep 10 because of the strike. I'll reserve final judgment until it's been played out, but given what we have now and what we've heard about the resolution, this one sounds underwhelming--like it was just an excuse to give Gary Sinise something to work with.

And Drew is just the most obvious character ever. Stella suddenly gets a new, persistent suitor at the same time as Mac gets a new, persistent harassing phone caller? Uh, yeah. Viewers can put two and two together to get four! :rolleyes:

4. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

I'm just the opposite... I love the 333 storyline. Anytime Gary has a storyline, I think it's an all around win situation. I like that it's just a touch in each episode, rather than something that eats up a lot of screen time. I love the understatedness of the arc and the fact that Gary can do so much with just a look and a gesture.

If the last episode in the arc is moved up, the only thing that really tells us is that the episode that was skipped had no continuity in it at all. Which would be a shame, because the writers have done a fine job of fitting it in without disrupting the main stories of each episode. I think that "Boo" was a perfect example of that.

As much as I loved RSRD, I am only 'meh' about a possible Danny arc. I'm not thrilled with Emo!Danny and would hate to see him revert back to what he was in OTJ.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see how it would be handled by the department. What with Mac's "vigilante" actions with Dobson last season and now his 333 storyline, I wonder how the department would handle Danny's emotional actions. Danny could be much more easily disciplined than Mac and the upper brass could make an example out of him.

If TPTB had sketched out a big arc for Danny and if, with the writer's strike, they don't want to leave it on a big emotional cliffhanger... they may decide to wrap it up quickly. That actually could be a reason for the moving of episode 9 -- perhaps it has the potential to be reworked (without rewriting that would require a WGA writer) to make a bookend to the story.

5. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Well, maybe it's just me who don't know how to put two and two togheter, because the Drew being the 333 stalker thing? I didn't expect it at all...

No, just kidding. What I meant is that Drew's character seemed a little bit silly when he was trying to conquer Stella in comparison with the Drew-stalker, who seems to me more serious. I know, maybe Stella's Drew is just playing a role, you know, the friendly-guy, in order to aproache her.

But, if all those speculations about Drew being the 333-stalker we have been discussing over the pasts days come to be true, well... it seems to me that the whole including Stella on the stalker plan is some kind of forced, you know, it's like, "ok, let's add Stella to the mix just to have a girl on a case which just involve man"...

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

6. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

NY - Episode 4.08 - One Wedding and a Funeral

Episode 4.09 - The Thing About Heroes

Source: SpoilerTV

HUH?
    :confused:

7. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

I'm just as confused as you, Lorelai. This is the first time I've heard anything about the episode. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the 333 conclusion was to be episode 10?

Anyway, a CSI taken hostage? Anyone want to bet that it's Stella? I think it could be her, with what we've found about the 333 stalker's identity...

8. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

It's really such an interesting info, so thancks, Lorelai!! So, ok, let's just start our guesses ;)

I think that, if the hostage situation is somehow linked to the 333 case, maybe it's Stella who is taken. So, I'm with you, Lessien_Tinuviel. It seems the logical step to me to finally get Stella fully involved on the 333 investigation.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

9. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

Yup. Especially if you consider that Drew is using Stella to get to Mac. What better way to get to him then to take someone close to him hostage? Although, it probably would've been Peyton who was taken hostage if Claire Forlani had stuck around... ;)

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Every other source still has #408 as Buzzkill airing on November 14th. So these are just episodes #409 and #410 and I guess #410 must have been renamed if this is correct (it was 'Train to Nowhere' previously).

eta (again): the site in question has changed it now to #409 and #410, so it was just wrong...

I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

eta: I don't really even want to comment on a CSI being taken hostage, as if it is Stella being terrorised by another psycho boyfriend type I will be rightly pissed. :mad:

11. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

^^ You both are right.
    It just makes me wonder, was that letter on "Time's up" the real end for Peyton? I mean, isn't it possible that she still has something to do with the 333-case? If not, if her character really left the show like that, what a way, isn't it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Peyton fan but, come on, poor Mac, he didn't deserved being left like this. But then again, all the Peyton-staying-in-London-and-sending-Mac-a-letter thing, doesn't feel to me like a completely closed arch.

I get what you mean. In one hand, I want Stella to be taken hostage by Drew in order to get more SMacked moments (ok, I'm a cruel person for wanting her to get hurt I can increase my amount of hapinness); but on the other hand, I feel that it would be a little bit weird if Stella were harassed by a second love interest, you know, first Franky and then Drew...

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

12. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

^ Yeah, Elsie, I am with you on the hostage situation. If they take Stella ONCE MORE to be the abused woman I am really getting pissed. She is such a strong character but TPTB has a tendency to misuse her...

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^ i was about to say the same!! :mad:

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

OK, I've been thinking about this hostage thing some more, even though my first response was just to disregard it. :p

Somehow I get the impression that the hostage situation won't be as exciting it sounds. I don't think it will be Stella (I have more than one reason to think it's not, but mostly because that would be a terrible storyline) and I think it's more likely that it will be some sort of stand off between Mac and his 333 stalker. Most likely Mac acting renegade, after all this 333 person is making him act pretty crazy (like his reaction to the voodoo lady in Boo), and I'm guessing he's likely to go looking for the 333 stalker once he figures out all his clues in Chicago and presumably as this is the conclusion to the storyline he finds him, or the stalker finds him first...

I'm not sure how much of this episode is meant to be in Chicago. I know that Eddie Cahill said they were only shooting something like two actual scenes there, but I figured Mac was meant to be there for most, if not all, of the episode. As the 333 guy has given him clues to send him to Chicago then I also assumed that he would be there... If that is the case then the options of hostages would only be Mac and Flack. And it being Flack just isn't a likely scenario.

15. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ Sounds plausible and I don't think it's Flack because it said that a CSI is taken hostage.

But the phrasing of:
    suggests that Mac's pursue and the hostage taking are not related...is there another case in this ep?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.