Bigger than the both of us.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Michelle, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Bigger than the both of us.
    I own nothing. Her co-worker will be revealed soon.

He looked at her and asked, “Do you love me Cath?”

Catherine looked deep into his eyes and felt something that she had never felt with another man. Not with Chris and certainly not with Eddie. Something told her that she could trust him with her heart. She’d known him for nearly seven years and had never thought of him in any other way than co-workers. Something about that unnerved her. Somehow she was afraid that their relationship would change if she confessed her feelings to him. So she said nothing. Instead she thought about the series of events that brought them to this place.

They were working on closing a case that had taken them weeks to get a lead on. They had finally wrapped up everything and went to grab a drink afterwards. The band started playing a slow song and he asked, “Care to dance?”

The song is “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat.

I've been awake for awhile now
    You got me feeling like a child now
    'Cause every time I see your bubbly face
    I get the tinglies in a silly place

It starts in my toes
    And I crinkle my nose
    Wherever it goes
    I always know
    That you make me smile
    Please stay for a while now
    Just take your time
    Wherever you go

The rain is falling on my window pane
    But we are hiding in a safer place
    Under covers staying dry and warm
    You give me feelings that I adore

It starts in my toes
    Make me crinkle my nose
    Wherever it goes
    I always know
    That you make me smile
    Just take your time
    Wherever you go

But what am I going to say
    When you make me feel this way
    I just mmmmm

And it starts in my toes
    Makes me crinkle my nose
    Wherever it goes
    I always know
    That you make me smile
    Just take your time
    Wherever you go

I've been asleep for a while now
    You tuck me in just like a child now
    'Cause every time you hold me in your arms
    I'm comfortable enough to feel your warmth

And it stats in my soul
    And I lose all control
    When you kiss my nose
    The feeling shows
    'cause you make me smile baby
    Just take your time now
    Holdin' me tight

Wherever wherever wherever you go
    Wherever wherever wherever you go

wherever you go
    I always know
    'Cause you make me smile
    Even just for a while

She was surprised, but agreed. She smiled as he led her to the dance floor. Much to her surprise, he was a natural dancer. Somehow, she knew that he would be, but it still surprised her. The song ended and she was surprised to see that she had laid her head on his chest. It seemed like the most natural thing in the world. Being there and dancing with him. They seemed to get lost in each other. It felt as if they were the only two people in the world and time seemed to stand still. Suddenly the band was playing a fast song and Cath looked up and whispered softly, “Let’s get out of here.”

He nodded and led her from the dance floor and out the door. Once outside he looked into her eyes, leaned down and kissed her softly. She felt her heart flutter and she felt like a schoolgirl again. She smiled into his kiss and he broke away and told her, “I’d better go before I do something neither one of is ready for right now.”

She wanted to argue with him, but the more realistic part of her brain knew that he was right. Not wanting to rush anything they parted ways and drove to their respective homes.

2. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Catherine couldn’t sleep. She kept thinking about the kiss that Nick had given her earlier. She could still taste his lips on hers and it made her smile. She got out of bed and walked to the kitchen and poured herself a glass of juice. She took a sip and smiled. It reminded her of him. She laughed and thought about how crazy this whole situation was. She felt like a school girl thinking about her first crush.

She finished her juice and rinsed out the glass and went back to her bedroom and was finally able to drift off to sleep, if only for a few hours.

Nick was back at his condo. He was trying to get some sleep, but he kept thinking about kissing Cath. He hadn’t planned it, but something inside him told him to kiss her. He laughed and thought how crazy that sounded. He’d worked with her for seven years and never once during all those years had he ever thought about kissing her. Okay, so maybe that wasn’t completely true, but he’d never thought that he would’ve acted on them. He punched the pillow and closed his eyes. Willing sleep to come, but tonight sleep was elusive. So, he got up and tried to think of anything else. He kept remembering the smell of her. The taste of her lips, she tasted like berries and wine. He definitely had it bad.

The next day at work Catherine and Nick walked into work together and Catherine laughed as she told him, “You look terrible. Did you get any sleep?”

Nick shrugged, “Some. You?”

“Pretty much the same for me.”

Nick smiled at her and had the strongest urge to kiss her again. Even though he knew it was crazy. It was apparent from the look on Catherine’s face that she was thinking the same thing. They simply looked at each other and finally Nick took and deep breath and smiled at Catherine. “You ready for work?”

She smiled as she realized Nick’s attempt to lighten the situation. Her feelings for Nick were still quite foreign to her and not at all unpleasant. She just wasn’t ready to have to explain it to the rest of the members of the team. She nodded. “Thanks Nicky.”

Nick smiled brightly and opened the door for her. They walked inside and Catherine had never been more aware of a man than she was of Nick. He was polite and she sensed that he would be a gentle lover. She shook her head briskly and scolded herself. “Don’t think about that Catherine. The others can read you like an open book.”

She smiled and a giggle must have escaped her lips, because Nick looked at her with questioning eyes, but said nothing. She merely flashed her a huge smile that mad her feel warm all over. God, if she didn’t feel like a schoolgirl again.

Nick watched Catherine closely out of the corner of his eyes. He grins even bigger when he hears her giggle. He’d never known her to giggle before and it surprised him. It wasn’t an unpleasant surprise, it was a nice sound. It made him want to kiss her again. God, how was he ever going to get thru the rest of the shift? Every time he looked at her he had the same feelings. A feeling of complete and utter love, or was it lust? He wasn’t sure, but he wanted to explore these feelings and the exciting possibilities they held, for both him and Catherine. Something told him that she felt the same way about him. He’d just been afraid to ask her last night. He wasn’t sure how she would have responded to him kissing her and he was pleasantly surprised when she returned the kiss he gave her. That gave him hope. Hope that maybe they could explore these new feeling for each other.

Catherine was watching him too. She said nothing but her face wore a silly grin that no amount of her scolding herself would erase. She just had to face it. She was hopelessly infatuated by him and she didn’t want to change that any time soon. They reached the break room and he closed the door. Finally Catherine couldn’t help herself. He looked so darn handsome standing there in his black t-shirt. She grabbed him by the collar and gave him a deep kiss. She smiled as she heard him moan softly. Releasing him she walked away. He let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. He was definitely in trouble. The thing was, he was loving every moment of it and looked forward to more trouble in the future.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Tell him tell him already!

more soon!

4. Imperfect

Imperfect Police Officer

more soon please!

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

You so better write more. :D

6. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Nothing was the same again after that first kiss. Catherine actually looked forward to going to work everyday. Even if she didn’t work with Nick, just seeing him smiling at her was somehow enough.

One night after the shift was over, Nick asked, “Want to grab a bite to eat?”

It had been a particularly bad night. The case they worked had an effect on both of them.

Catherine smiled and nodded as they walked to his car. She waited as he opened the door for her. She smiled at him and he returned the smile. They drove in the car for a few moments and finally Catherine asked, “Where are we going?”

Nick simply smiled as he drove. “You’ll see.”

They drove up to a cozy little restaurant. To Catherine it looked like a hole in the wall place. She looked at him questioningly and said, “It looks like it should be condemned.”

Nick laughed and told her, “But the inside is much nicer. They have the best steak in this part of Las Vegas.”

Catherine just looked and him and laughed. She decided to trust him and she got out of the car and they walked up to the door and Nick held it open for her. She smiled again as he told the hostess, “Table for two.”

She nodded and led them to a table in a quiet corner of the restaurant. Catherine had to admit that the inside was much nicer than the outside. They looked at their menus and the waitress came to take their orders. The band started playing and Nick looked at Catherine and said, “Dance with me.”

Unable to resist she smiled and held out her hand to him. He took it and led her to the small dance floor.

“Taking Chances” by Celine Dion

Don't know much about your life.
    Don't know much about your world, but
    Don't want to be alone tonight,
    On this planet they call earth.

You don't know about my past, and
    I don't have a future figured out.
    And maybe this is going too fast.
    And maybe it's not meant to last,

But what do you say to taking chances,
    What do you say to jumping off the edge?
    Never knowing if there's solid ground below
    Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
    What do you say,
    What do you say?

I just want to start again,
    And maybe you could show me how to try,
    And maybe you could take me in,
    Somewhere underneath your skin?

What do you say to taking chances,
    What do you say,
    What do you say?

And I had my heart beating down,
    But I always come back for more, yeah.
    There's nothing like love to pull you up,
    When you're laying down on the floor there.
    So talk to me, talk to me,
    Like lovers do.
    Yeah walk with me, walk with me,
    Like lovers do,
    Like lovers do.

What do you say to taking chances,
    What do you say,
    What do you say?

Don't know much about your life
    And I don't know much about your world

By the end of the song Catherine fells her every inhibition fall away. Nick leans down and kisses her softly. They forget about their meal, until the waitress clears her throat and they look at her. Finally she says, “Your food is getting cold.”

Nick and Catherine look at each other. Finally Nick takes his wallet out and throws some money on the table. They are hungry, but not for food. Nick takes her hand and leads her out of the restaurant and into his car.

A/N- I will be on vacation for the next two weeks, so I won’t be updating it for awhile.

7. MacsGirlMel

mmmm I bet I know what they're hungry for :devil:

8. Imperfect

Imperfect Police Officer

hehe i bet we all know what they're hungry for :devil:

9. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

^Oh yeah, we know what it is, Thanks Chelle for the little teaser while your gone :p You so better update when you come back, great job babes!

10. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Because this is a site restriceted to a T rating, I have posted another version of this story on another site. PM me for the link.)

Catherine walked into headquarters the next day with a smile on her face. She actually whistled as she walked the halls. She got several looks from people that were wondering what she was so happy about. Catherine smiled to herself and thought, " Let them wonder ." Even seeing Ecklie in the halls didn't upset her like it usually did.

Walking into her office she was surprised to see a single, perfect red rose in a crystal vase sitting on her desk. She smiled to herself. She knew that only one person could have put the flower on her desk. She picked up the flower and inhaled the fragrant scent of the bud.

She heard a soft knock on the door and smiled briefly as she paused briefly to put the flower back where it was. She turned and saw Nick and Warrick standing in the doorway. She smiled and asked, "What's up?"

Nick gave her a secret smile that to anyone else could have meant any number of things. None of which would be anything remotely resembling the truth. They shared a secret that was more precious than anything Nick had ever thought he would ever possibly be able to share with anyone.

Warrick tells Catherine, "We have a 419 at the Monaco."

Catherine looked at the pile of memos on her desk. Nick noticed the look and told her, "We can go on over and you can meet us there."

Catherine shot him a grateful look. "I'll be there as soon as I get this cleared off my desk."

The guys turn and leave. Catherine walks around to her chair and sits in it. She has her head down so she doesn't see Nick walk back in and close the door. He smiles and walks over to her desk and leans down and kisses her deeply on the mouth. It's a brief kiss, but full of emotion and love. Soon she is returning his kiss and he breaks it off and leaves the room just as quickly as he entered it. Catherine watches him leave and touches her lips with her fingers. She smiles as she watches him leave and disappear down the hall.

Nick catches up with Warrick and they head to the crime scene. Warrick notices that his friend is strangely silent. He says nothing, but smiles to himself. He knows that look. Nick has the look of someone that has it bad.

Finally he asks, "Okay, who is it?"

Nick gives him a sideways look and finally murmurs, "Who is what?"

"The woman that put that look in you eyes and the smile on your face. You haven't stopped smiling since we left the station."

Nick merely tells him, "She's someone very special Warrick. Someone very special."

With that they arrive at the crime scene and Warrick is left even more confused than when before he asked the question.

11. MacsGirlMel

awww I love the CatNip :) Post post post!

12. Imperfect

Imperfect Police Officer

awwweeeee that's awesome ( and i am not a CatNip supporter so i really think it is good) continiue posting please!!!!!!

13. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

Catherine and Nick went on like this for nearly a year. Who knows how much longer it would have went on if not for one fateful night. It started out as a routine call. A double 419 at one of the hotels off of the strip. They had both worked a long shift, but were the only ones available when the call came in for the night shift. Catherine sighed and asked Nick, "Are you up for another one?"

Nick nodded and they walked to the car. Nick climbed in and Catherine drove to the scene. It was a grisly scene. Someone had decided to play games with the bodies. They dressed the man in the woman's clothes and did the same to the woman. It was not a pretty sight. It left Catherine and Nick pretty shook up. After they were done collecting the evidence, they headed home. Nick drove this time. They decided to stop off for coffee. Neither one had an appetite after the grisly scene they had witnessed at the hotel.

They found a quiet corner booth and Nick took Catherine's hand and kissed it softly. She smiled and felt that familiar feeling in the pit of her stomach. She couldn't quite put a name to it, but something told her that it was a lot like love. Although, she would never admit that to Nicky. She'd been hurt too many times in the past by men that claimed to love her. She noticed that Nick looked nervous tonight. She furrowed her brows and started to say something, but the look on his face stopped her. He looked absolutely terrified. She started to open her mouth to say something, but was stopped when he started talking.

"Cath, I've been wanting to ask you something. Something important. Something that could change both of our lives forever."

Catherine swallowed hard and finally said, "What is it Nicky?"

"Well, we've been together for almost a year and I've come to love you more than I've ever thought possible."

"I.."

Nick held up his hand to stop her. She smiled and motioned for him to continue. He smiled and continued, "What I'm trying to say, um ask. Catherine I want to make our relationship something more permanent. This isn't coming out right. Catherine, I love you more than life itself. I want to wake up with you every morning and go to bed with you every night. What I'm trying to ask is, Catherine Willows, will you marry me?

Catherine merely stared at him with an shocked expression on her face. He couldn't have surprised and shocked her more if he had asked her anything else...

A/N I know this is a short chapter, the next one will be longer... If you like this, please review and let me know. That will inspire me to write more sooner....

14. MacsGirlMel

*squeeeeeeee* yes yes yes yes *does the dance of joy*

more more more!

15. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

woha! This is really good!
    Cant wait for the next chapter! :]