"The Chick Chop Flick Shop" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 26, 2007.

1. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I hated this episode. Sara was only in one scene, her first scene didn't count. I didn't pay attention to the case at all. If Sara is not in the next episode then next week will be the last episode I will ever watch. I didn't see too much Grissom, did you guys see him?

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

After going for a run, and thinking about the style of the episode, I have come to realize that it was 'bad' because they were trying to make it bad. Like those campy slasher movies, thats the style they were imitating. I think it worked, except it didn't have the excessive gore that makes those films so much fun.

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I haven't been here in a while. I've been with my friends...

anyway...

This is one of the best ones so far. I really liked the idea that the slasher movie was Catherine centered because she likes horror movies and Catherine's expertise is suppoesd to be blood spatter.

The dwarf that hit on her made me laugh out loud. :lol: most of this episode made me laugh out loud.
    But, at the end when she told the Dickie that if he was stringing her along that she would string him up, then the next scene you see him dead, strung up...
    My first thought was OH NO another Catherine/victim/CSI in peril situation. I was waiting for the director to go ...CUT at the end of that scene too...

Ok, Ronnie...

at first, yeah she annoyed me. I could see where Sara was getting annoyed at her, but she got better.
    The rest of the episode irked me some with the whole 'damsel in distress' scene with Ronnie going back to the wearhouse. Wouldn't it have been a crime scene and therefore closed to the public? I guess I got confused when she went back and the director and the guy with the glasses (can't think of his name) were there? :confused: That part irked me some.

GameFace I agree, this would have been CSI gold with Gil and Cath working the scene but Ronnie and Cath sort of made it okay.

The only thing that really ticked me off was the ending and the Ronnie scene at the end.

4. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

I guess the main "problem" with this episode is that with so many of our favorite characters missing in action on this one, you have to be a fan of the slasher "genre" to find it interesting.
    I'm not, so it wasn't.

5. popcrash

popcrash Civilian

Loved Liz Vassey in last night's episode!!!!

6. baymare

baymare Civilian

I'm with you, Liz Vassey, too funny last night. Got a little freaked out when they chopped her in half. Made me do one of those weird laughs you do when you're both amused and horrified. But enough about me. More LIZ please!!

7. violetsareblue

violetsareblue Dead on Arrival

Yeah, maybe some favorites were missing...but I have to say that I still found the episode very enjoyable and very funny. I wish that there had been more Greg, like others have mentioned, but hopefully there will be next week. I thought that the Catherine scene was priceless.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I liked about the first 40 minutes or so.

No Warrick? At least mention why he's not there, don't just expect us to ignore it. Same with just a minute or so of Sara, Grissom, and Greg (although I was SO glad it was Greg who came into the locker room and not Grissom).

So Nick's on the case for 30-40 minutes and then decides they need to involve swing shift, he disappears and Ronnie takes over. What's up with that? Oh well...that was a really enjoyable 30-40 minutes. ;)

She has no gun? Okay, let's say I buy that. But then she goes back into a crime scene (with Catherine's blessing) with no police and no gun?

Hardly any science. Seems like a trend this season. They analyze a video tape and measure a window. Wow.

The whole ending with Ronnie seemed like a Scooby Doo episode.

BUT...loved the lab rats, Super Dave and Doc, and Catherine and the "annoying little man". Ha ha! I liked it when he said, "You find dwarfs amusing?" and she said, "Sometimes!"

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking the thread, feel free to continue the discussion. :)

10. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

I liked this episode. I especially loved Super Dave with saying "The Horror." Too funny. Brass was great as usual, loved the scene where he just let the two guys go at it in the hallway, and says "Get out of here while I am still in a good mood." Classic. I did notice the absence of Warrick though, and there was too much Ronnie for me in this one. Like others have said, I felt like she was being shoved down my throat. Overall, not a bad episode.

11. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Thank you!!! As a fan of slasher and horror movies I clocked this, of course they was trying to mimick the style and the speed of slasher movies for holloween.

Nick is stepping up - good for George....

I agree if Sara does come back its for Grissom and not for Greg or Nick. (look at my banner see my ship)

I have been thinking far too much about Ronnie... If she is albeit a temporary CSI 1- then she is worse than Greg when he was training.. OR is she training?

I hope Ronnie stays and lusts after one of the lab rats...

12. ItDontMatter

ItDontMatter Hit and Run

8/10 for me. I enjoyed it!

Only things I didn't like... the scene with Grissom, they could have found a better way to use him for 20 seconds than that. He just seemed kinda bitchy to me. I know he had no idea what Wendy was talking about but he got too crabby for no reason.

I also didn't like Ronnie in this one. She just doesn't fit in. I'm feeling more and more like the only reason she is there is because her boobs couldn't come alone. She seems to be more or less another chest for the male viewers enjoyment. So, I think it only fair they give us more Warick and Nick or another hot boy with a nice chest ;)

13. Dalnabe

Dalnabe Hit and Run

Thanks, xfcanadian, I was thinking back and forth why I misliked this episode, for which I had high expectations, and that is probably the cause. Although it is only true for one third of the story. The episode could have been a serious creepy, nerv-wracking one or a funny one. They decided to mix it and the result didn't work for me.

It was just too cheesy seeing Ronnie to head for the gas station - yeah, as if cars can't run for another 60 to 100 km with the rest of fuel -, going back alone to the crime scene. Even Catherine going there alone. Haven't they learnt anything? Even my friend was commenting: Each season the make the same mistake: Go somewhere alone. I have to admit during Ronnie's scenes I found me thinking: Wait, how long is she staying at the show? Can she probably die tonight? The cells weren't working, the lights went off ... really, really slasher like. So I also thought that they were shooting a movie with Ronnie and she not noticing. But no! Tptb actually want me to believe this was happening for real?

Ronnie keeping somewhat calm and pushing her hand on the wounded man's mouth ... She's not even wearing a gun and new to the field, but she is tough enough holding a dying man like this? I found that hardly realistic. Then she is talking to that guy in the hospital telling him she likes her job. Is that supposed to be a contrast to Sara who practically told Greg she is quiting? That scene didn't fit in the episode as well as the short amount of Grissom there. The case file said he was lead CSI - hm. They probably needed Ronnie from days as he was hiding somewhere, yah, must be, what kind of lame excuse else should be there?

Too many things didn't make sense in this episode. Only the first half with Brass, Catherine, Nick and the lab rats where really good.

14. amhall1054

amhall1054 Civilian

I loved the ep, but a big horror fan here and loved all the gags. That gas station stop was classic. Sure, logically some things didnt make alot of sense, but it was very well done. The whole piece was a wonderful Halloween treat for me...esp Liz/Wendy's bad slasher flick. She was too much fun.

15. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I really didn't pay attention to it because I was mainly looking for a scene with Sara in it. I hated the episode.