Supernatural

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by draig_goch, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

so far i like ruby, i think shes a pretty cool character despite what her intentions regarding the boys might be. and i like how the writers are taking a bit longer to develop her a little more instead of just forcing her on us, like the did with jo. and as for bela, i don't really like her yet but shes only been on once so i can't really form to great an opinion of her.
    and tomorrows ep, looks unbelievably awesome. how cool is it going to be when halloween actually lands on a day when supernatural airs?

2. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

I kinda like Ruby, right now. Partly because she's doing a good job of revealing the mytharc. :lol: Also, partly because she's kinda fun, in an evil, demonic kind of way. Just as long as she doesn't take toooo big a role in the show. It's the Sam 'n Dean show, not the Sam, Dean, 'n Ruby show. :p

Bela, on the other hand... so far I personally don't care for her much. She's not necessarily a bad character, but for me, I find that her mercenary ways aggravating. But I guess that's sort of the definition of "antagonist" isn't it. :lol:

I've never been big on villains in general, I guess. Never did understand why so many people love Malfoy so much. :lol: Heck, it even took me a while to warm up to Dean and his bad-boy image. But now, of course, he is love. <3

3. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Wow I just watched season 1 "Scarecrow", gosh that scared the hell outa me! Really exciting, I was biting my fingernails while watching that one! "Asylum" was great, too. Oh I envy you guys for having watched all the episodes already, I'm so damned curious! ;)Great show, really!

4. touchcookies

touchcookies Witness

Unfortunately that isn't going to be for a while unless they change the day the Supernatural airs on. Next year is a leap year so Halloween will fall on a Friday :(

I like Ruby and Bela. I think it's time there were some cool girls around more often. I actually really like Bela but every time I say that my friend gives me a look that says something like "I am going to throw something at your head"

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ At least we never actually throw anything. :p

I like Ruby--she seems pretty cool, although I think she has alterior motives. It's a breath of fresh air to see a demon on their side for once, even if it all may not be what it seems.

I'm not sure about her staying with the show for very long though. I think she'll pretty much run her course soon (or at least when the season ends) so I can't see her interacting with the brothers for a lengthy period of time.

By my calculations, we won't see Superntural airing on Halloween until Thursday October 31st, 2013. :lol: So by then the show will most likely be over unless they go for 10 seasons. (Or we might get lucky and they'll change to a different day of the week)

6. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

they should change the day it airs, thursday is just really not that great for them and not to mention that the cw doesn't do almost any type of promotion for them but they're holding their own.
    anyways back on topic, i tend to agree with you, Geni about ruby, i definitely don't see her being around all the time or really getting too involved in storylines separate from the current one shes got going.
    but bela i think might be a little more involved with them, and definitely not as secretive as ruby has been.
    and last nights episode? AMAZING. i loved all of it. i especially loved how sammy new all about the fairytales, even cinderalla.

7. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

The episode was absolute amazing :D

I wonder who the higher power is who wants Dean's soul badly tho. :eek:
    Sammy defintely knows more about fairytales than I do :lol:

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I liked it, and it had some cool moments, but overall the other ones this season have been much stronger in my opinion. The beginning and the end were quite intriguing though- the fight, and Sam taking the law into his own hands, so to speak. And I have to admit, I was actually surprised when Sam just went ahead and killed the demon. I mean, I was impressed but is that more hints of bad Sam? Then again, there's the other option: the guy has just been through a lot of crap over the years and doesn't take as much B.S. anymore. That's probably how I'd be, anyway. :lol:

9. touchcookies

touchcookies Witness

It's crazy how the Grimm Brothers tales have like the opposite endings as like the Disney versions. It was an awesome episode. I love how the one guy just went into that old ladys house to have pie. HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HER! Lesson kids, no matter how small, weak, friendly, and nice they look DON'T GO INTO THEIR HOUSE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE! DON'T EAT THEIR FOOD!Why do you think our parents had to check every single one of our Halloween candies after we got them...yeah. I just thought that was strange.

I love how in movies and shows when you see people who have been in comas for years they are like perfectly groomed. She was even wearing makeup. Her Dad sure does take care of her.

They kind of like set up the season with that episode. We know that Sam is going to be looking for this crazy High Power person.

I am glad we got back to some comedy in this episode. The last episode was too serious. But I read somewhere that the Halloween episode was supposed to be really scary. Well I am the type of person who gets scared extremely easily (I mean during Asylum forget about it I had my eyes closed the whole time) but call me crazy I didn't find the episode all that crazy. Whichever magazine I read that out of should think about hiring some older reporters. Those 7 year olds just aren't cutting it anymore

10. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Hee hee, fun episode. I enjoyed seeing how they interpreted all the fairy tales. Some funny moments, and FINALLY some brother interaction. They were on screen together for more than five minutes! *shock*

When Dean picked up the apple, I totally thought he was going to be Prince Charming. *g*

Also, I really want to see outtakes from the final scene. I don't think there's any way Jared would have been able to resist acting silly during his scene with Sandy. :lol: And he shot her in the head! :eek:

I'm beginning to get a little concerned about something, though... anyone else finding this season to be way too bright and colourful? I mean, some episodes call for it... but the lighting seems to be consistently brighter this year. It goes against everything that is Supernatural!

Right now I'm hoping they're just enjoying the brightness and colourfulness, and then later in the season it'll be like "BAM! DARK! EVIL! DEMONS! DAAAAAAARKNESS!!" and the contrast will make the impact stronger. *nods*

11. BabaOReilly

Hey, I have a question... Did Sam ever tell Dean about his findings about their mother's friends- that they're all dead? Or has he only discussed it with Ruby? I can't remember and I'm too lazy to pull out my tape and rewatch it right now.

12. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i don't think he ever did, atleast not from what i remember. sammy should though that's not cool to keep something like that from his own brother.
    i kind of like that the episodes are a bit more colorful, mostly because it makes it a hell of a lot easier to make fan art. but i get what your saying.
    that had to be a bad day for poor jared, having to repeatedly shoot his woman in the head. i wonder if the writers did that on purpose ha.

13. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

lol I'm not new to the forum... but i just discovered this thread! well anyway, I love Supernatural.. unfortunately I've missed the past two episodes so I need to catch up!

oh hey, was anyone really disappointed that Ben wasn't Dean's kid? Cuz you know I was kind of hoping he was... him and Dean were like the same. In a lot of ways though, it's good that Dean doesn't have a kid.

14. BabaOReilly

^^^ Yeah, I was actually a bit disappinted for Dean when Ben definitely wasn't his. But it would be more inconvenient for the character. Although... maybe he'd be fighting harder to beat the deal with the demon if he thought he had something to live for.

15. BabaOReilly

Hey Canadians? When does Supernatural play on "Space"? I think I need to watch the CSI/Without a Trace two parter this week, but I can't miss Supernatural! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.