Grade 'Boo'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 31, 2007.

1. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Before seeing the last episode I feared that maybe "Boo" ended up turning into the tipical Halloween episode that so many shows include in each of their seasons... But afortunately it wasn't the case for CSI:NY. I mean,yes, it was the rigorous Halloween episode; but it remained on the line of CSI, which is great.
    After saying that, there goes my...

TOP FIVE MOMENTS
    5. The joke with the bell at the graveyard during the first scene. Wondering if I can do it, too.
    4. Stella's line "We have already procesed 32 blood samples, all fakes" (or something like that)
    3. That's for the girls on the comunnity. Forget about eyeshadow, just write 333 - 666
    2. The flash mob. That thing was really cool.
    1. While shaving the zombie's head, Sid was at the morgue or at Frankenstein's lab?

Yeah, I wonder the same thing while watching scary movies but, you know, on CSI they always use spotlights..

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

2. KRAD

KRAD Dead on Arrival

*sigh* There is no reason, none for a city crime lab tech to work a scene in Amityville. Makes nothing like jurisdictional sense. I find it ridiculous enough when Mac's people leave Manhattan, much less leave the five boroughs -- that's way out of their jurisdiction. And the usual "well, it's the same county" argument doesn't work because unlike everywhere else, where a county is made up of cities, New York City is actually a city made up of five separate counties (each borough has its own courthouse).

And a two-story house? On 40th Street? No, no, no, and again I say, no. There are no houses in midtown anywhere.

3. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I was actually wondering why they had to venture out to Long Island...I definitely agree that it was not within the Lab's jurisdiction. First thing I learned in my criminal law class was that crime is jurisdictional!...But my brain was trying to rationalize that lapse in accuracy with the idea that the sheriff of Amityville requested assistance from the NYC crime lab since probably it is more high tech and perhaps Amityville lacks the expertise in solving said crime? The writers of the show took poetic license to another level in order to come up with a scary story just for Halloween. Ergo, for entertainment purposes. Well, that's just me.

4. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Yes! It was funny. Between the slow motion eye blinking, fake accents, I killed him, some more funny accents... It was LOL.

999, the latest trend in make up, girls:

[​IMG]

WTF just happened? :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

Common! Wasn't that bad! :lol: I kinda like it, compared to what I saw on him before, this is nice.

[​IMG]

5. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

When Danny and Lindsey arrived, the sheriff said that he called in NYPD because his crew was all busy with a plane crash elsewhere. I assume that, with none of his people available, he went with the nearest place that had a good team. A plane crash would, theoretically, also tie up the more local city police.

6. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Thanks for pointing out that explanation made by the sheriff...But still...the NTSB usually takes the lead in investigating a plane crash, so I still don't buy it...But anyway, I know...Suspend disbelief right? It's just a TV show, no harm done. Aside from that, the episode was entertaining.

7. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Yeah, I'm with you, mandy9578 . It doesen't really matter why TPTB sent Linds and Danny to Amytville. Maybe there was a solid reason and maybe it was just to entertein us. But the thing is, so what? It's not like we are being fooled in every episode, I mean, it was just a little licence they took in order to give a different point of view to the show. And as somebody said in a previous post, no harm done.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

8. Hillicious

Hillicious Hit and Run

My grade: B

*Unfortunately, not alot of Hawkes, but LOVED Sid's enthusiasm.

*Danny will make a great "Baby's Daddy" someday.

*LOVED the scene with the Voodoo Goddess' blinking, and still loving the whole 333 thing.

*All in all, it wasn't "Boo" worthy but I enjoyed it.

9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i didn't mind this, the way I see it, if he isn't in this eppy a lot, he will appear a lot in another! Hopefully

Wow, that was an ugly tie, yikes

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I didn't get a chance to re-watch the episode yesterday, so I finally watched it today and, as usual, took notes. Once again, I'm sure some of this stuff has been said, but I'm typing it all up anyway.

~ The old grave digger is awesome! He's totally friends with Sid!

~ Who wants to bet the newbie spent an hour in front of the mirror spiking his hair so that it would be perfect...for digging graves at night? :p

~ ZOMG ZOMBIEEEE! RUN AWAYZ!

~ Wow, they didn't fastforward that clip of the car driving or anything (looks like it to me, anyway).

~ Yo, Picardo! 'Sup, my man? :p

~ Danny, your facial expressions never fail to amuse me.

~ It's 'just like the Amityville horror'--only not.

~ I wonder how many times Anna stepped on the woman's arm while they were filming? (She looked a bit unsteady.)

~ You know, Anna, if you sold recordings of your voice like that, you could cure insomnia.

~ Wow, Carmine, you too. Way to speak in monotone, dude. :rolleyes:

~ I'll be damned if I'd stay in a dark house full of dead bodies alone. :eek:

~ Oops, you broke it.

~ Once again, Lindsay plays Captain Obvious this episode. There's someone in the wall! It's Rose Duncan! She's been shot! Timmy's stuck in the well!

~ I want Danny to rescue me too. ^_^ He couldn't run as fast if he's lugging my heavy ass, though. :p

~ ZOMG, the theme song actually wasn't as annoying to me this time! :eek:

~ Awesome skull thing on the side of that building.

~ I wonder if that was the traffic jam that they mentioned waking up poor NYC residents filming at four in the morning?

~ Fake zombie, fake zombie--ZOMG REAL ZOMBIE!

~ Happy Halloweird indeed, Flack--if they were ghosts, you wouldn't be so snarky, would you? :p

~ Aww, it sounds like Stella and Flack are working together to take care of Mac. ^_^

~ "Take it to the next level." *waggles eyebrows* Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

~ No! Stella! Stop hiding your boobies from me! :(

~ Once again with the alone-with-the-dead-bodies thing. Can I get a 'hell no!' please?

~ Turn on the lights.

~ Lindsay's 'Oh, look at the sadface-making video' face is the same as her 'holy shit what was that?!' face, which is the same as her 'EEK OMG WTF?!?!' face. The winner for the Keep Your Face From Changing Expression award is Anna Belknap. *hands over trophy*

~ Wow, how choreographed. 1, 2 and thrown back from Trelawny and 3, 4, reach for the gun and 5, 6, slowly now!, 7, 8, pick up flashlight, 9, 10, follow the batshit woman into the sekrit passageway...

~ By the way, did nobody think to check out the secret passageway after they got Rose out? :rolleyes: 'Gee, that's an abnormally large gap she was in...lalala, doesn't matter.'

~ Were those kids' shoes in there?? Fat Bastard is in ur sekrit passageway, eetin' ur baybees. Get in his belleh!

~ Good thing you don't have an itchy trigger finger, Monroe.

~ Maybe the Sheriff was doubtful because you were all 'just like the Amityville horror' when you first showed up, Lindsay.

~ If Danny said 'Lindsay, honey', 'Lindsay, hon', or any variation of such--Carmine mumbled the hell out of it and it sounded suspiciously like 'Lindsay, Lindsay' or 'Lindsay, Linds' or some variation of such. (And if it matters, Closed Captioning agrees with me.)

~ SID!!! :D

~ Sid, I love you and you are awesome and I love you some more. ^_^

~ Ooh, big snazzy gadget.

~ Can I hug you, Sid? :D Seriously, here I come. *hug*

~ That is one morbid reconstruction, Mac. >.<

~ How many people own a cricket bat in NYC???

~ 'Who puts a secret passageway in their own house?'--Dude, I would! :D

~ SHELDON!

~ Ooh yeah, baby, I like it when you strip off your lab coat--keep going. :devil:

~ They magically found a shoeprint belonging to the killer and not, you know, one of them--convenient since they were standing right there and all.

~ I want to comfort the little girl. :(

~ I'm glad Anna's one expression fits every scene this episode. :rolleyes:

~ ADAM! :D :D :D Is it sexual harrassment if he likes it? *roguish wink* :devil:

~ LOL diaper! :lol:

~ Adam, you're so damn...pretty. Did you get a tan? You kinda look like Lumberjack Ken at the moment, babe. Look at my avatar--how pretty is this man?

~ A white v-neck t-shirt under a plaid button-up? Who's betting he's wearing jeans and boots and has a beaver hat in his locker for the lab costume party? :p :lol:

~ Adam, I love you when you're wigged out--it would be so fun to scare the hell out of you, and it probably wouldn't be hard to do. :devil:

~ I SEE A HINT OF STELLA'S CLEAVAGE, YAY!

~ Aww, too bad we don't see Adam get nervous about analyzing a real voodoo doll. :p I notice he didn't actually touch the doll itself, though. ;)

~ Adam/Google OTP 4EVER! :p

~ Danny needs a nap. *offers bosom as a pillow*

~ It's like Hawkes is on tv. Make it worthwhile, baby, do a strip for us. *waves dollar bills*

~ CREEPY DOLL IN THE ATTIC OMG! *flee* At least it's not a Kewpie, though--those things are evil incarnate.

~ 'Bee ceh-fell.' Sorry, not scary, lady. :rolleyes:

~ Again with the bad accents. *sigh*

~ No grabbing people, Mac--you want her to file charges? :rolleyes:

~ [​IMG]

~ Ok, they used an adorable little girl's picture for that newspaper article. ^_^

~ That's a big-ass tattoo. O.O

~ I don't want to look up Lindsay's nose, thanks.

~ GPS collar. Convenient.

~ You gotta feel bad for the old woman. :(

~ Again with the adorable little girl. *squish* ^_^

~ There's no comparison between Danny and Lindsay in interrogation scenes. None at all.

~ Good casting for Betty and Henry, though.

~ So that doctor had a cricket bat in his bedroom...riiiiight.

~ The moral of this story is: If you commit insurance fraud, karma will fuck you up. :D

~ Preview for next week: this could be an interesting episode--something a bit like "Criminal Minds", maybe. :D

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Characters like Adam, Flack and Hawkes might not always get the screen time they deserve or that we want them to have, but they always make the very best use of what time they have! They're always standouts despite the minimal airtime, and that's definitely saying something... :)

12. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

I gave it a C+. I got somewhat bored while watching.

It had its moments, but those were all not on Dannys and Lindsay accoung. And Flack was WAY to less in the eppy.

What I just loved, was SID! He soooo rocks! You got to love him. His enthusiasm for Halloween. Loved the looks from Mac and Stel.

Speaking of which... my fav couple got some nice scenes but nothing specifically outstanding, compared to the rest of the eppies of S4. The scene in the voodoo shop wasn't bad, though I think they now try to push Macs story line a bit too far. This 333 thing gets to Mac, got it! Still... It's Mac Taylor we're talking. He dealt with bigger issues and wouldn't have acted that way. Grabbing this woman seemed to outa character for me. Anyways... loved how Stella stepped in for him. That's what's called love... *sigh*

Anyways... after last weeks perfect eppy, I was rather disappointed with this attempt of Halloween gimmick or as to quote Homer Simpson: BORING! ;)

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

GAH! Now it is immortalized in picture form for all to see! How can anyone not go :eek: at it?! Look at him, even the poor guy is wondering why he's wearing it!

Well, whoever picked it for Flack for this Halloween episode ... good job. :lol:

Yeah, the whole Danny and Lindsay going all the way to Amityville to work on a case isn't logical, but the show hasn't really focused on logical or continuity for a very, very long time, has it? :p At least there was the 'plane crash' excuse to give us some sort of explanation why they'd go all the way there in the first place.

14. garysloveslave

garysloveslave Dead on Arrival

"boo" was a gr8 episode, loved it. gary is so freaking good looking. :D

15. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

That's what I think, too. Despite I like all characters, I can't deny that Mac, Stella and Danny are my favourites so more screen-time of the others means less screen-time for them so... I'm not going to complain at all.

Plus, we can't forget that even if CSI:NY has a coral group of characters, it's based on a hierarchy. I mean, everybody know Mac is the main character, followed by Stella, Danny, Linds, Sheldon, Flak, Adam/Sid (I don't know how to order those two).

Thanks! I thought I was the only one thinking the same about that scene! I know Mac must be pissed with all the 333 thing, but, come on! that poor lady didn't have anything to do with the case! And Mac knew it, so the grabbing her by the arm? not necessary at all.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"