"The Chick Chop Flick Shop" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 26, 2007.

1. kate

kate Victim

I liked this episode a lot, but I think I can't help but like this show.

From the promo I expected it to be just kind of a funny episode and I was quite pleased and surprised that while there as a lot of humor it was also serious and creepy. I thought I figured out who the murderer was early, but not really based on anything. I just didn't like the looks of him. And I suspected the others too early so I figured it had to be him. And then, though he became a murderer, her death was an accident. So they fooled me, and I like that. And I was completely ready for Catherine to come up behind him and shoot the guy, then he drops down and it's the ex-boyfriend.

Super Dave was amazing. I like all episodes when the characters get way excited about something. I liked the final scene when Doc was focused on the effects used and Dave was like hey, just enjoy the movie.

Dickie and Catherine's scenes made me laugh. The thighs, pookie, beat senseless-all hilarious. I liked him and I was rather disappointed when he died.

I liked Sara and Greg, how easily she could talk to him about the difficulties she is having with the job. How he didn't try to convince her that everything was going to be okay, because sometimes it just isn't.

And of course I loved the scene where they were watching Wendy's film debut. Hodges always completely confident and sure of himself stumbling for words. Henry so impressed at Wendy's preformance, "let's watch it again." I liked it all. Except I didn't realize who it was until she screamed and I am not exactly sure how notice that earlier.

I keep going back and forth over how much I like Ronnie. I wanted to like her right away because I'm always disappointed when they die like Keppler or dissappear like Sofia, but I'm struggling. I liked her when the guy was shot and she was trying to help him and had to keep covering his mouth to keep him from talking. I wanted to smack her when she set her phone down, saw where that was going a year in advance. Her reasoning for putting it down on some table at a crime scene instead of securing it on her person evades me. I did not like her when the movie people couldn't quit talking to her. And a toilet lid. Maybe it's just me, but that would definitely not be my weapon of choice. Okay maybe she didn't have a gun, but would she be allowed to do field work without a firearm? Maybe I'm making this up, and I don't care enough now to go through all my seasons to find one small scene, but wasn't there an episode where Nick wasn't supposed to work outside of the lab because he failed his test?

And Brass, in what episode hasn't he had some really great lines? This episode my favorite was the you trying to make me throw up line.

During the episode my roommate had a lot of leave, run away, don't go back comments. And when it ended she turned to me and said "that really creeped me out." So if that is what they were going for they sure creeped her out.

Normally I like a lot of everybody, but this time I was alright with limited Sara, Greg and Grissom. The only thing I really did not like was no Warrick. I love Warrick and I greatly missed him.

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Well I'll start this off with way too much Ronnie for my liking. Not enough Greg and no Warrick?! Good greif they are in the opening credits and the girl who is around for 4 eps gets more screen time. Does anyone else see the unfairness in this?

Were Grissom and Warrick duct taped and locked in the supply closet?

As for the ep as a whole it was alright. It was pretty easy to peg the killer form the beginning. Perhaps this is from the years of watching the show it gets a bit easier or they were a bit lax with the script.

Greg's scene with Sara was cute, loved the striped shirt. Seems this is the breaking point for Sara to leave, can't wait to see what happens with that.

Wendy's horror movie debut was quite funny to see her doing that.

Doc and Dave watching the movie and critiquing it was awesome! Glad to see them have fun as well as work hard.

I give it a 7/10.

3. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

I agree, not nearly enough Greggles in this ep. And considering Ronnie was in almost all the scenes, I'd give the whole episode about a... 6/10. The premise of the story was kinda interesting, I suppose. And I LOVED the interaction between Cath and Dickie.

The entire time Ronnie was huddled up in that room, I was screaming "Die, Ronnie, die!" and when the guy had the gun to the other guy [I'm really bad with names], I was like "Shoot her! Shoot her now!" :lol: Can you tell I can't stand Ronnie?

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Not the best ever but probably not the worst...there was good and bad. Superdave and Doc and the movie watching was good...so was Brass and the guy who dropped his pants. I guess Ronnie was okay. I didn't like the "how did she die let me count the ways" thing....just, eww. I also wasn't terribly fond of the shot lingering on Cath's chest. Oh yeah the little guy hitting on her was funny though.

5. andsoareyou

andsoareyou Dead on Arrival

I thought it was way big fun. It seemed like the cast must have had a blast doing it, too. Loved the Catherine stuff, loved the Brass stuff, loved Doc and SuperDave, and loved the labrats being together again.

6. church2001

church2001 Witness

Did Brass have a cold or something this episode? I think he only raised his voice in the interrogation room but his funniest lines were delivered somewhat quietly (or it could just be me).

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Pretty awful to me, weak..flaky..silly and stupid :mad: it started off interesting, wth Nick finding the slash horror flick queen dead "well I think she died for the last time", and poor David making a funny "The horror" and nobody laughed, but it declined slowly down hill from that point on, it was like a bad "SCREAM" movie. Brass of course hilarious as always "Are you trying to make me throw up" what a bunch of dog-butt-ugly freaks, reminicent of the bunch in "ENDING HAPPY". It was great to see Nick alot, Wendy in the slash film in her earlier days, the dwarf making a cheap pass at Cath, and her laughing, I'd laugh too!! :lol: where was this big "TIFF" between Greg and Sara, there was none, they were just chatting nicely.. but Sara's admission that this was getting to her, the death aspect, a prelude to her exit perhaps? This Ronnie person irrelevant, not to good of an actress :( but, her scary scene was the best part.. I guess they all can't be spectatcular. Last week's was so great, it's like the writers were doing a fill in..10 seconds of Grissom and NO Warrick, bunk.. I'll probably never watch this again .. can't wait for next week's ;)

8. Cynthia_Sanders

Cynthia_Sanders Victim

This episode was over-hyped, IMO.
    However, I liked seeing "Wedges" in action (Hodges said her breasts were perfect!). We had Nicky and any Greg screen time is precious. Seems they will make up from the basically Grissom-free epi next Thursday.

The dwarf hitting on Catherine was the high point of the episode. The low point was that Ronnie didn't die.

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

What is with Greg and Sara? They have nothing. Sara should talk to Nick, because he will understand her more then Greg, because Nick and Sara was buried alive, almost died. Greg get just beat up.

I think I figure it out how Sara will leave. Sara is running away to find herself and try to understand why people get murder all the time or we think she will visit her mother in California. That is how Greg and Sara get in fight. I have never picture Greg or Nick fight with Sara.

This episode is okay, it wasn't the best, but it was funny between Hodge, Wendy and Henry. Too much Ronnie, I just don't like her some reason. No Warrick. I don't see no ring on Grissom's and Sara's finger.

10. Tardositous

Tardositous Civilian

oooo it sounds so good!

The clip i've seen between Greg and sara was so sweet. love their relationship.

so who did the 'Whats wrong with you' Grissom scene turn out to be with?

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'll admit this wasn't one of CSI's best episodes but what's up with so many people not liking Ronnie? She's only been on what, 3 episodes so far? Hea, I don't like some characters and I don't wish death on them! You guys need to lighten up, give the character more time before you want to 'off' them. Anyways, the only good parts of this episode were the part with Brass when the guy dropped his pants and Catherine, "Don't Call Me Pookie!"

12. church2001

church2001 Witness

Wendy.

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

That was not for this episode. It is for a future one.

I think since Sara took Greg under her wing as he became a CSI he grew out of having a crush on her and just became a good friend to her. Plus since Eric and Jorga have a close friendship off screen I think they really show that friendship a lot onscreen too. That is probably why the writers tend to put them together when talking more so. Plus Sara was there when Greg was beat up. And he was seriously beat up and also had to go through a trail and was responsible for killing someone. He did go through a lot. No he was not buried alive, but what he went through still had an emotional impact and Sara was the first there for him.

14. hodges_alias_47

hodges_alias_47 Police Officer

I liked this episode ... the Wendy's slasher scene, Dickie and Catherine, "The Horror! The Horror!"

But one thing I did/didn't like was the ending ...
    This proved me to this is a tv show ...
    You're not supposed to be eat in a lab ... even moreso the morgue, especially when a dead body is right next to you ...

I understand they are in their element, with Doc Robbins and Superdave ... but eating in a lab/morgue ... is dangerous, unsanitary ...

I love this show ... but the ending just through me off.

15. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Oh my god this was one of the best one's of season 8 i have seen to date....

It was funny, serieal and soo camp. Oh my as a horror fan i loved seeing the slasher eliments all the way throught tonights episode...

I love the interaction between Doc and Super Dave brilliant, Brass as always perfect...

The interaction between Hodges, Wendy, classic. Good to see Archie of course and Henry in this episode.. We just need Bobby and I will be a happy bunny.

Oh this was sooo classic, I love this episode I will give it a 9 out of 10.

Then ending was classic, Super Dave and the Doc eating in the morgue, I'm sure that they all do it anyway... I'm sure that the vetrun md Quincy even ate in the lab....

Oh perfect, loved the fact that Nick had most of it... Hmmm very good I am a happy bunny.