How You Discovered CSI

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by MacsGirlMel, Jul 30, 2006.

1. steph_r

steph_r Witness

I think I just randomly stumbled across it on TV. I know it was a CSI LV episode I saw first. After one episode, I was hooked!

2. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I am a major TV addict. I watch too much TV. So I saw CSI LV in my TV Guide and I thought it looked interesting. So I watched it. I just fell in love with it.

3. Abilene

Abilene Hit and Run

I watched it (CSI Vegas) right from the start cuz I saw the preview and just wanted to give it a try - and I really really liked it :D
    I started watching NY because I love Gary and Melina (and loved it, too) and also fell in love with Miami eventually ;)

4. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

I think I was about 11 or 12 at the time, so it must have been about 4 years ago. I can't remember which episode it was, but I do know it was LV. I saw it at my cousin's house and loved it! So, I started watching it regularly and got hooked. I loved NY from the very first episode, but I didn't really get hooked til Season 2, when Lindsay joined! I didn't get into Miami until recently, but now i'm starting to get into it, but I don't love it as much as the other two.

5. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

I was flipping channels and looking for something to watch. I stopped on CSI Las Vegas on Spike and have been hooked ever since!!

6. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

I've been hooked since episode one; waaay back when. :lol: I remember for my sixteenth birthday, I wanted the LV S4 DVD set and when I finally got it... I must have watched every episode 20 times over.

7. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL good one Zodiac, love the bobby pic and the boys banner...

How i got hooked on CSI... Last Christmas i was bored and saw CSI being put on Five US (an english channel) so i watched it, saw two characters flirt like mad and wanted to watch it some more..... So here i am nearly a year on as its nearly christmas time, bought all the disc's, I write fanfiction (see my banner) I am a 10000% a lovet.

The pair that cought my eyes was GSR.... For about six seconds i was like hmmm then i saw (see banner) and the rest is history.....

8. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

My friend was so into CSI and she would always ask me did you watch CSI? and I would say no, and she would tell me all about the episode, she said if you love NCIS then you will love CSI. I remember my mom watching Grave Danger when it was on and I was thinking why is she into a show like this, it is so boring. Then one day I decided to take my friend's word for CSI and I watched an episode on Spike, I can't rember the episode's name, but I couldn't tell apart Nick and Greg and Sara and Catherine, I would ask my friend who is Greg and she woul say the cute one, but I thought they were both cute. Then she told me Sara is the dark-haired girl with the gap in her teeth and Catherine is the blond. So I watched another episode and immediately Sara was my favoerite character. I borrowed the season 1 dvds and skipped all of the scenes without Sara in it. That is how I met CSI. That was about a little more thean two years ago. My friend who introduced me to CSI doesn't like CSI anymore but I always tell her what happened whether she wanted to hear it or not.

9. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

When it first aired in the US. I was kinda searching for a new show after Dark Angel stopped and 24 was great for s1 but I wasn't sure to follow the complete second season and then I tried out some shows when the started to air. One of them was CSI and I kinda got hooked from the total start! The result: being a total CSI: Miami addict and I still watch CSI and also CSI NY. Can't get enough I afraid.

I did watch some season 1 epi's from CSI and I was like damn.. Things have changed! I kinda miss Greg in the lab!

10. FAVRE_GIRL

FAVRE_GIRL Civilian

a friend of my noticed all i read is true crime books and he suggested that i might like it. it took me another month to finally see it and from there on i was hooked. it amazed me how well the team works out the crime and i try to play along with the show to see if i can come up with the same conclusion

11. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

Hmm I am not sure, in 2000 I remember watching a CSI program at my grandmas but I only use to watch it when I went to my Grans.
    Not until march when I was bored and flicking did I stop and watch a CSI programme, which was the one on the aeroplane, and til this date that is one of my fave CSI's. After that show I pretty much watched them all. Im just wondering if I watched a boring episode of CSI if I would have carried on watching them. Im glad I did in the end. :)

12. KerryL64

KerryL64 Civilian

I don't generally have a lot of extra time to watch TV, and since most of it is 900 channels of crap I was pretty much ignoring it until I was having coffee over at a friend's house and she asked if I had ever watched it.....she said I'd probably like it (Las Vegas) because they were science nerds just like me. So I finally watched it around season 4 and was hooked. Hubby likes Miami, but it reminds me of a soap opera. We both LOVE LV, and have become big NY fans as well. We even went on vacation to the real Las Vegas and stayed on Fremont street because they filmed so many eppis there! LOL We have all three season passes TiVoed. ( So much for never watching TV!)

13. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I never even watched the original CSI show but I started watching CSI:Miami from the beginning (I saw an ad for it and though, oh this sounds interesting) and I've been hooked ever since. I've never watched NY either, though I've recently started watching LV but it's so different to Miami.

14. princessblinky

princessblinky Civilian

Hi all, i am new to this forum so thought this thread would be a good place to start! I first discovered it when my future father in law was watching it the "las vegas". Only just started watching the miami ones and my god! Mr Cane gets you hooked! Those one liners! I cant wait to start the NY ones... :)

15. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

I started watching CSI Miami because I saw Emily Procter was on the cast list. She was the reason I got into acting, so I wanted to see her in something new.

I then enjoyed the forensics and moved back to LV, baught the box sets and caught up. Next came NY.