How many non-US peeps here?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kat1974, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

Orlando Bloom on Midsomer? I must've missed it :lol:

Besides, Midsomer is more like a mini-movie, rather than a weekly TV show.

2. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

^Yeah. LOL, I only remember the scenes he was in.

He was killed with a pitchfork. :lol:

3. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

Lmao. A pitchfork? hahahahahhahahaha, sorry, I'm just used to 'Legolas' who never died...an certainly not with a pitchfork :D

4. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Hahahah... yeah, Legolas never dies.

But the Orli role in Midsomer did. :lol:

5. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Oooh hell yes!

It's about these two gardeners who wherever they go there is a murder! It's sooo dumb! But hilarious!

Like last episode I watched they were doing up this garden in a church and some chick gets murdered and then they find a body in a well. And then the Queen comes along to inspect the garden and well I gave up...

So children just remember when Rosemary and Thyme is on tv...change the channel or watch it for an hour...but it's a waste of your life

6. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

I was giving a quick look at the previous posts when I saw an interesting topic. A couple of days ago people were discusing the diferences about hearing the show in american-english or UK-english. And I was wondering, have you guys ever heard the show in spanish?

This link will take you to youtube where there are some clips in spanish. youtube-csi spanish videos

What do you think? Since I'm used to view the episodes in english, it was a little bit weird (and I'm from Spain!) when I first saw CSI on national TV, but now, I think the differents voices suites them!

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

7. lunadeagosto

lunadeagosto Victim

I watch the show in spanish (on national tv) and in english with subitles (on AXN). Yesterday I watched Run Silent, run Deep in AXN and enjoyed CArmine's perfomance, with his voice and his drawl...Is better enjoy actors with their owns voices, but the voices in spanish are not bad, Flack and Stella are the worse (in my opinion) because there are very different from the original voices, but there is a voice that really is an improvement from the original voices: the spanish actress who play Lindsay is, in my opinion, better that Anna Belkamp, and she has not the annoying shrill of Anna's voice.

8. althea

althea Lab Technician

I watched parts of one clip and its strange besides the obvious fact that I have no idea what they are saying :lol: its also very funny I liked the female voice doing Stella oddly it seems to go with her. Over here many, many years ago they used to dub shows into Afrikaans and if you wanted the english version the original version that is you had to tune your radio into the national broadcasters station! Luckily that no longer exists and with some shows you get subtitled but that's only local stuff the international stuff just gets left alone. *phew* Thanks for the link yas_NYPD it was fun to watch. :D

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Thanks for those, I loved the clips hilarious! :D

10. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

^ Always glad to be useful. XD

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

11. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I've never seen it, but I do have a copy of the episode with Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto from Torchwood) in it, so I think that's one ep that's possibly worth watching!

12. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

yas NYPD, the Spanish clips are quite funny, although I don’t understand anything. :lol:
    I found a scene with Mac and Adam from Risk in German with English subtitles here on youtube. :rolleyes: ;)

13. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Hi LivingEnd , you know what sourprised me the most after seeing the clip you left us?

German had always seemed to me a strong lenguage, it's all about "igh" "anke" and so many sounds like that. But then, in this dialogue, their voices were quite neutral, I mean, you have to pay attention to realize it's german what you're hearing at!

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

14. althea

althea Lab Technician

The German sounds a lot like Afrikaans :lol:

15. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ That's because Afrikaans originated from Dutch, and Dutch and German are related...and yas the 'ggg' in Dutch is even stronger than in German :eek: - I'm glad we only dub children's shows and movies here, but it would be fun to see a CSI scene in Dutch :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.