Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Re: Sofia Curtis

MBG I would love to agree with you 100%, but considering what they did to Catherine last year, I’m skeptical anyone is safe from their tinkering. From the get-go they always emphasized that Catherine would be an excellent supervisor, yet when they finally give her that position - then they make her look terrible. Next is Ecklie and what they did to this character. They have always painted him as Gil’s adversary, but this year they have backed off of that and now they get along well. The writers will do what ever they want to a character to fit the moment.

Going back to Sofia - What if they go the other way? I wouldn’t be surprised if they set something up before the end of the season where Sofia is put into the position of saving Sara. Again, kind of what they did with Griss & Formanski dynamic. In the writers mind there must be a reason they chose Sara to walk in and not Catherine. At least in ‘Dynasty’ it was soo campy that it was amusing when Crystal & Alexis fell into the pool. When CSI does it, it comes off as sad.

I guess that what makes coming here and playing ‘what if’ with these fictional characters entertaining is that the writers will always throw you a curve ball, so never bet the farm and never say never.

2. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I agree Tazz, the writers definitely had a reason for putting Sara in the doorway to Grissom's office, and not Cath, Nick or Warrick. The titillation that a "catfight" holds, sadly, for a certain portion of the audience is obviously one reason. Carol M has been hinting at a love triangle, and this was supposedly one small step into that playground. You're right on when you point out that no character, no matter how well developed their actions and personality already are, is safe from the writers' mad tinkering. I'm just keeping fingers crossed that Sofia, at least, will be left intact with her morals, professionalism, love for the truth above all, and of course her spunk.

3. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

MBG you know I will keep my fingers crossed that they don't mess with Sofia.

Haven't had a chance to re-watch Dog again, but I see Sofia got her 1 minute last night. Sure wish they will show her & Brass going out for a hot dog to make up for the ones they left to join the chase in Bullet.

Speaking of titillation, a better image would be Sofia & Catherine eating a hog dog while Jim & Gil look on. Ha and hubby agrees 100% on that one.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I just want to know when will S. Curtis be in the main cast?

5. snickerbug

snickerbug Hit and Run

I wish they'd put her in the main cast. I like her, I think she fits well. She has conflicts with the main cast, she's a love interest for the main cast, so why isn't she in the main cast?! Come on, TPTB, wake up!

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Aww guys come on it might not be "The powers that be"'s fault. It might have something to do with the fact that she is a new Mommy in real-life, and wants to ease into the role of both star/mommy.

Lets not forget at the end of season 5 there was no guarentee that she would even be returning to the show or if she would be staying at home with her child.

Obiviously she managed to make the two work, but let us not forget also that she was dropped into our screens made the rounds of helpping and giving a little info here and there.

Now they might be easing her into the role, getting her familiar to the fans, and letting the fans and the actress test out the conditions of it all.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh, I didn't know S. Curtis was preganant. I couldn't tell from watching the show!

8. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

yeap she was..which explained why cameras tried to refrain from shooting her whole body during season5...

p.s it was a boy :D

9. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

umm okay i was on IMDB.com trying to find out where she is from - shes from england btw- and it said she was in the movie Hidaldo. anybody see it?

10. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Sara and Sofia should just ditch Grissom and hang out together. There's no need for animosity. Why does everything always have to be made out to be super intense? :)

ineverysunflower, your avatar is freakin' hilarious!

11. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

It's a boy? That's [​IMG]!!!!!

CONGRATULATION Louise Lombard!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

-------------------------
    [​IMG]

12. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Found this statement interesting in the season 5 DVD commentary by Ken Fink when speaking about Louise - "We all fought to get her on our episodes. Fabulous English actress has a very real, a very charming and effervescent sort of quality that is natural and beautiful to watch."

I would agree 100% !

Congrats again to Louise and hubby for their first child a bouncing baby boy!

13. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

ha!i second that...i cant imagine the producers fighting to let her starr in their episode :lol:

14. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

High praise indeed, Tazz! I always figured it was more than just Les Moonves who wanted & fought to get Louise onto CSI, and as a fairly integral character, at that. They have good taste!

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi I'm new but I just wanted to comment since Sophia fans are too few.
    I really like her character she is not (so far) as dysfunctional as Chatherine and Sara. She is smart and sexy and her character has balance. I would love to see her and Gil together but I doubt it will happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.