Let's Talk Gay #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MiaCharlize, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Mitss90

Mitss90 Dead on Arrival

Yeah, I hate the fact that the majority has problems with gay people. I mean, we're not like, from another planet or something. I really don't understand their problem, but as you said, they're ignorant.

And Ashley, how sweet of you to surprise her! :)

2. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Haha, this is random but, yesterday Allie, myself, and our two friends were together. We were painting boxes (for no apparent reason really) and Allie decided to write GAY PRIDE in big litters across half the box. I thought it was hilarous, but no one else besides me and Allie found it very funny. Then we (Allie and I) were talking about going to gay pride this year, and we asked our one friend is she wanted to come. She just rolled her eyes and told us she doesn't like stupid things like that and that she's not gay. Then we got into a mini arguement whether you had to be gay or not to go! It just bothered me. Becuase apparntley, me being gay, and Allie too, "creeps her out". It's rather irritating.

3. Mitss90

Mitss90 Dead on Arrival

Well, if it 'creeps her out', maybe you should think about her being a real friend. Because I believe, friends take you as you are, gay or straight. But, as said before, people are ignorant.

4. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Today my girlfriend and I were watching a stupid German soap opera (one I will not name as it is shamefully bad and nothing one should admit to watching). The show has a really bad lesbian storyline:

Girl A (with a boyfriend A) develops feelings for a friend of hers (girl B) (who's also with a guy, boy B, but boy B is gone to South America for a year or sth)
    Anyway, Girl A and Girl B have sex, Girl A breaks up with boyfriend, boy A finds out his ex had sex with someone else, wants to find out who (assuming its a guy) and is completely shocked when he finds out that Girl A is a lesbian now.

Naturally he suspects the only gay girl he knows, some chick from school. Not as complicated as it sounds now, just very very cliche. Now anyways, what is the first thing a guy does when he finds out the ex he still has feelings for has been with a girl? Right. He questions his skills, reads women's magazines and asks his female friends what makes a good lover. Why can't guys just accept that attraction to women has nothing to do with guy's lack of bedroom skills?

Funnyest thing about it was my gf's comment when he was reading an article titled "What women really want in bed"
    She just dryly said "Take your clothes off, look in the mirror, then you'll know why she is a lesbian"

I almost spit my food out. :lol:

BTW, there's another soap that has a lesbian couple, currently going through divorce after one of them has developed feelings for the sperm donor of their new born daughter. The other one has cheated with a woman though, so the "straight" one wasn't the bad one in this case...

Ohh and then there's yet another with a gay (male) storyline. A married guy cheating with his wife's co-worker. Grand Cinema.

Doesn't portrayal of homosexuals on TV suck?

There's also a weekly show that features both a male and a female gay couple... sounds like german TV is gay friendly, but actually it's not. Most of the storylines are poorly done and very stereotypical. As are the stright ones though... guess TV's just plain in general.

5. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

Haha, yesyes, Mia I was very funny today :).

And tv is stupid, as are straight people :p. At least most of the time.

Anything gay today..........hm, let's see, I was reading about the history of fashion all day, about gay designers, cross-dressing across the centuries.....Term papers don't always suck :lol:. And Mia surprised me today when she showed up at the library unexpectedly. She kissed me on the cheek and completely caught me by surprise, as I hadn't seen her walking up to me. And she brought me chocolate :D.

And I ranted about straight people's insinuations about gayness being a negative thing in the jorja pic thread :p. So yeah, I had a gay day :D.

6. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

Thank god! That is all my friend's natural assumption. They were like 'Sex with guys is much better.' and I just looked at her and was like 'And you've had sex with women?' Than things got a bit too innappropriate for this site.

Needless to say, people think being gay is all based on some terrible sexual thing. Really, it has nothing to do with that. Gosh, people are stupid.

I just laughed so hard :lol: I was reading this and almost peed my pants. Oh man...

I'm off to my girlfriends. We're going to go to this little Mexican resturant and than to Starbucks. I love our little dates :D

7. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I was bored, so I made these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

8. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

^^Haha, that is awesome!

So today, in one of my classes, we were seperated into groups to perform mini presentations. And I was put into a group (of course) with a bunch of guys. And this one guy sits down, and is like "is this our group?" I roll my eyes and say "yes" and he's like "well that's gay" (with a humorous tone) and I was like "literaly" :lol:. Haha, then he went on and on about how he thought it was cool that I could make a joke out of my sexuality and bla bla bla. But well, it was a good day :)

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

As for my random visits there - I haven't seen any insinuations about gayness being a negative thing.

And for the things that has been going on in that thread - I don't want them to be transferred here.

10. AshleyFirst223

I figured this was gay related. Well I know it is.

Who else heard about Dumbledore (from Harry Potter) is gay?
    I flipped out! I was really excited about it. It's about time someone gay was written in. But it sucks because it makes Harry Potter more controversial, in my mind, because people who don't like gay people could lose interest.

Done with my rant. Girlfriend's coming over, now that my wrist is better. Plus, my parents are out for the evening. :devil:

11. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Who or what is Dumbledore?

I'm just back from the gay party, had sooo much fun today. Our friends are so cool, we were having a very good time. And surprisingly there were lots of rather femmy girls there, usually it's just very few in between a mass of butchier women. Was a nice change ;)

On the downside my poor girlfriend hurt her thigh on the doorhandle of the car and has already developed a huge bruise. Have to go and kiss it better now ;)

12. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

Can I just say, I think it's absolutely awesome that y'all have established this thread? (I just now found it. :lol:)

I have a few gay friends, but being as we're from a really small town, it seems like it's not as widely accepted around where I live. Which I find to be just completely asinine that people can be so ignorant and judgemental towards my friends [and the gay community in general] like that. So anyway, before I go off on a babble-trip, just thought I'd stop in and say 'hi!' and hope I'm not stepping on any toes here, being as I'm not actually gay, but I'm a big supporter. Hope you don't mind an extremely open-minded straight chick lurking around. :D

13. AshleyFirst223

The headmaster in Harry Potter.

Last night was fantastic. My girlfriend surprised me by bringing my favorite movie, which is about lesbians. (Kissing Jessica Stein). It was awesome. :) Though I only watched bits and pieces. ;)

ANYWHO, Today she wants me to go meet her friends, who know she's gay. I feel bad because she's never really met my friends. I'm not hiding her or anything but I don't know how they'd react. SO I basically just feel like a big huge jerk. :(

14. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

How long have you been together? I don't think you have to get in a rush about it. Just drop some hints every now and then and eventually they will figure it out and ask you. Then you can tell them about your girlfriend.

I know what it's like to sort of hide your girlfriend. I was with my ex for 15 months and she never once met my friends. I don't know why I haven't told them for so long, it just never came up I guess. They knew I was gay, but thought I was single... When my best friends found out I had a girlfriend they wanted to meet her but somehow it never happened. I intended to introduce her to my friends on my birthday party but she was away with her soccer team at the time, sucked. Anyway, before the oportunity ever came up we broke up... It was weird.

I knew most of her friends though, as she took me to parties sometimes.

With Sophia it all went different, I told them about her pretty early on and they met soon after. I'm spending a lot more time with her though than with my ex, so it'd be kinda hard to "hide" the relationship. Even my mother and grandmother have met her before and they never even knew about my ex.

15. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Haha, when I found out Dumbledore was gay I just was like "I knew it...I knew it" but I didn't, I just wanted to say that :lol:. Actually what happened was my roommate walked into the door and was like "Dumbledores gay!" and I was like "What is JK smoking?" then she was like "no the actor" :lol:

I spent last night with my girlfriend. It was nice. We watched the movie Driving Lessons (odd movie, but I liked it :p) and ate tons of nachos and pixie sticks. It was nice, I really needed something like that :)