How many non-US peeps here?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Kat1974, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeanneUK

LeanneUK Dead on Arrival

and I've got to agree with you :p

2. SvartaBaskern

SvartaBaskern Witness

Hej hi! I'm from Sweden, but I have lived in York for half a year when I studied archaeology as an Erasmusstudent.

Like NinaM said, we are a bit behind here. Season 2 of csi:ny is released next month.

Top41 said:
    How did you guys come to find the show? Are you fans of all the series, or just CSI: NY?

I have always liked crime series, especially documentary ones at discovery channel. I like all three shows, but it's been ups and downs with that. Sometimes I have liked miami more and sometimes ny more. The number one show is though for me las vegas. I really can't say why; I just do. But because of the friendship between danny and linds I never miss ny! :)

Hannah said:
    What's you guys's favourite character and why?

On csi:las vegas it's Greg, on csi:miami it's Ryan and on csi:ny it's Linds. The reason? Something about their character (although I sometimes disapprove of Ryan's choices) and of course, Greg and Ryan are both cute! ;)

nattybatty55 said:
    Fellow non-US peeps.... How did you find TALKCSI??

The Swedish TVchannel who is airing csi has a link on their webpage to this site. That's good pr, isn't it?! :)

3. Cara1090

Cara1090 Dead on Arrival

Hi, Im new. Im from the Philippines. Season 3 just finished about a month ago and season 4 will probably start showing here mid next year.

I totaly love CSI. I have been following it from CSI Las Vagas all they way to New York. Although, Im not really fond of Miami especialy since they killed of Speed but i still watch it from time to time.

Is their anyone els here from the Philippines? beacuse I dont know much Filipino CSI fanatics and it would be great to meet some :D

4. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Kinda already said before from UK.... But to the questions asked.

- Got into NY from parents, they were watching onenight i got intrieged and started from there
    - I do enjoy LV as i find its different to NY and gives a nice contast to it... i'm not a fan of Miami i find sometimes the stuff is to far fetched and Horatio can bug me.

- Love Danny... and Flack because they both have the best lines in the show. I like Lindsay to find she is a different kind of character for the show and it works but she is soo much better on the lighter stuff.

- And yeah found this place via another CSI sight, mainly for spoilers and news about up and coming episodes. Seeing as being in the UK we have to wait... Tho s3 is repeated on tuesdays on 5ive so its nice to have.

S3 dvd is out aswell and hopefully should have it soon.

5. Gaby

Gaby Rookie

i agree dawni horatio bugs me too. Who talks like that anyways?

i agree wit nattybatty. Mac is my fave- hes sexy smart and he has that authority over everyone else that sends you right to the gutter.

i have to give credit to flack tho. coz with out him i wud never have discovered csi ny. I was flicking through and rekonised eddie cahill from friends and from then ive never missed an ep.

i dnt know why i get so obsessed. Why we all come here and talk about a tv show. For me its an escape into a world different to my own. a place where crime scene investigators are all good looking. Where there are men like mac who arnt asses and care about things. Where women can be strong and determined and comedy can find itself in the wierdest places. But most of all i love it coz it makes me laugh sometimes when ur not supposed to. Its got AMERICAN stamped all over it. lol. like wen mac fired aiden and started a speech about integrity with the american flag in the background. I love that its so patriotic.

i think that some of the most dedicated fans are non american coz its in keeping with the rose tinted view of life that inspires so many people to try and make it big in the states. Grass is greener on the other side and all that stuff. Land of the free. anyone get me or am i just ramblin? :D

6. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

Mac Taylor! need i say more??!

he's just so....YUMM!

he's protective, smart, powerful, sexy, flirty, serious, sinister, meloncholy....just love him really he's te sweetest thing :lol:

7. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I don't think you're rambling, and it's quite an interesting question why so many non-US people like a show (or shows) that have -like you put it- AMERICAN stamped all over it.

For me it's not the 'land of the free' or 'the American dream' because I feel the US are still a long way from actually being the land of the free and too often the dream becomes a nightmare. But I really admire the way how imo Americans are proud of their country and idealize all-American heroes like Mac.

I love American shows like CSI: NY 'cause they keep me entertained. The show is made with a big budget and it shows; the scenery always looks great (unrealistic, but great), all the people look beautiful (not only the cast, but every single person down to the last extra). And since I like crime shows in general, CSI: NY is the ideal mix for me.

8. snowbird

snowbird Witness

Hi everyone. As I said in the welcome thread, I'm from Toronto. It's interesting reading the above posts about the "American-ness" of the show. As a Canadian, I find that for the most part people I talk to (and yes myself at times) find out national identity in not being American, so that obviously isn't the draw of the show for me. My interest in the show is a bit simpler than that, blood and guts mixed with hot guys.

9. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

In New Zealand we have hardly any local shows. I don't enjoy the Brit syuff much, or the Australian so it's the American for me :D The again, I'm a American wannbe :lol:

10. Rtelgeuse

Rtelgeuse Hit and Run

My favourite character? Detective Flack!
    Why I don't miss any CSI:NY episode? Because the plot is very interesting, and because I like NY.

11. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

What do I love about CSI:NY? Danny and Lindsay for a start :D. But like Flack and adam too - they make me laugh! Have not watched the other CSI shows but spotted the new NY series with Gary sinise being advertised and thought that i would give it a go. I do love American dramas but i am still surprised that my fave romance is in a crime series.

12. Jodi

Jodi Victim

I'm from the Netherlands. :D

13. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

OH CANADA! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

GO LEAFS GO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :p :p :p :p

14. althea

althea Lab Technician

He does have a very strange way of talking but what drives me mad is how he keeps taking his sunglasses on and off :mad:. I don't know if any of you guys have seen the clip on youtube where Jim Carrey rips him off? Very funny please check it out. I tried to place the URL here but I'm having trouble getting on youtube for some reason. So if you want to check it out search for Jim Carrey does David Caruso and :lol:

15. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Yeah, Gary got me into CSI:NY. And the city itself.

Mac/Stella pairing hit me like a ton of bricks hahah. Not to mention the blue-eyed combo. Now.. if they can lessen the presence of one such character and I'll be one happy fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.