Eric/Calleigh #26: Known To Cause Arousal In Laboratory Mice

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by _____Skylar, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Re: Eric/Calleigh #26: Known To Cause Arousal In Laboratory

"Also, look for the romance between Calleigh and Jake to heat up, but Calleigh may end up getting burned. In the November 19th episode, she'll get run off the road and face trouble with the law herself. Jake could come to rescue, but will he? The result, says Nayar, "could mean the end of her and Jake." "

Let the ranting begin :lol:

2. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

STAY SAFE, JAFFY!! And if you need a place to stay, I'm in Glendale, just give me a call. Even up here we're starting to get the smoke from the Malibu fire. I hope they'll be able to control these soon. I lived through the San Bernadino fires a few years ago and it's a really scary experience. Stay safe. (if you need the episode, I could download it for you)

Oooh, I didn't catch that Stetler's rules were "pending rules." The writers are so sneaky. Also, think from now on the writers are going to test JC in every way, and it's obvious they're not gonna make it. Ditto to whoever said Jake didn't have to tell Calleigh they needed to cool off. If he's really serious about the relationship, all he had to do is make sure they didn't work any cases together. What an idiot.

about the end of J/C. Though I kinda hate it that the writers feel like Calleigh needs to be rescued. I don't want Eric to rescue her, honest. I want him to be worried about her and take her side (since Jake won't believe her). Also, my dream scene for this episode is Calleigh at home at the end of the day, alone and shaken up about the whole thing, and taking a stand and going to see Eric and admit to him that she's not doing good. That would be progress x 905589634.

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

The words about Cal needing to be "rescued" were used by TV Guide and not Nayar. I've noticed since last season that the mag tends to tweak the wording alot when it comes to things like this. But we all know, given Jake's performance last night that he is going to drop the ball on this...I mean if he runs b/c of a rule what do you think he will do when his gf is in trouble with the law?? The only thing Jake is going to attempt to rescue is himslef.

Part of me thought last night when Jake said to cool it you could see the diappointment and partial realization that Jake hasn't changed in Cal's reaction and repsonse...there is no doubt that she wasn't upset...I'm mean c'mon she is dating the guy and I highly doubt Calleigh has actually ever been dumped by a guy before. Something tells me she is always the one doing the dumping.

Except for Peter and well remember what a bitch she was to him after she found about him and his fiancee.

4. midnight_tiptoes

Jake is Johnny Law. He'll do anything to make himself look good in front of the higher ups and having a girlfriend who drives around drunk doesn't make him look good. I get the feeling it's also why he told her to cool off, because then he can go to Stetler and be all, "see, I ended it. I'm an awesome employee!" Ooh, stupid idiot. I knew he was gonna mess up sooner or later, but I didn't think he was gonna be this stupid. I really hope he comes back in a year or two wanting a third chance and that Eric beats him up and then lets Calleigh finish the job.

I have very little sympathy for Calleigh. I mean, I have some cause I like her, but really, what was she expecting? People don't change. Maybe I'm just pessimistic and bitter, but in my experience (which is similar to hers), they don't and she should know that. Of course, the situation is a little complicated because I think she's also scared to face her feelings for Eric, but she really needs to stop acting so deluded.

5. MrsDelko17

MrsDelko17 Dead on Arrival

CANNOT WAIT FOR JAKE AND CALLEIGH TO BE DONE
    and GIVE eric a break!! he didnt even know he was being set up, i still love my ERIC
    lay off off him.

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

So they say to look for the romance between Calleigh and Jake to be "heating up"? Um...if last night was any indication, the romance is doing anything BUT heating up. I do believe they were no doubt embellishing the details of the episode, but I really wish it had said the romance between Calleigh and *Eric* was going to "heat up".

7. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I don't want to see things "heating up" because why the hell would it after last night? That makes about as much sense as Natalia's existence on this show. Ugh, Calleigh, wake the fuck up. I just hope episode 9 makes this boo-boo go away, because I'm not sure if I can put up with J/C bullshit much longer. I love Calleigh, but come on.
    I hope they go Alias on us and is like, "Calleigh's a clone omfglol!!" Which would suck a lot, but it'd still be worlds better than Calleigh choosing to stay with Jake even though he poops on every moment they have together and doesn't care about her or her well-being or her coffee maker.

And regarding the E/N last night, I think Eric should've been like, "The last time I popped something into you, you ended up going to the hospital with a pregnancy test. I'll pass, thanks."

8. midnight_tiptoes

I didn't even think about anything during the EN scene. There was nothing even remotely suggestive about it. They're never going back there again, thank God. I'll take H/C before I take EN, and God knows how much I dislike HC. Eric is too good for Natalia.

You know, some Jake apologists support the relationship because they like to see "the old Calleigh back." But I'm sorry, this isn't the old Calleigh. Yes, she's always had issues with men, but the old Calleigh wouldn't fall for something like this TWICE. This is the same woman who dumped Hagen because he called her dad a drunk, and never gave him another chance despite all his begging. And then here's Jake, who has a history of being undependable, and all of a sudden she's turned into a blind bimbo. I don't see how this is good for Calleigh. If anything Jake makes her look like an idiot.

9. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Yeah that is totally what it looked like to me too...which is funny, cuz HELLO Cal what the heck did you expect? The boy did it to you once, why the heck would he not do it again??

I totally didn't think anything of the E/N scene either...gotta be honest, not only do I KNOW that Eric is in love with Cal, but there just weren't ANY sparks there...he was being a good guy, helping a immediately hurt collegue...that's it! Nada, nothing else! I loved how when Stetler ( :p ) said what he said (with an "eye" toward Eric and Nat) that didn't even enter Eric's mind...that was awesome! It is such a non-factor that he didn't even think about it or deny it...he just jumped to Rick and Yelina and then Jake and Cal...that was good! :D

things are going to heat up between J/C? WHY!!! After last night they sure didn't seem like they were going anywhere but in the toliet! :p But YAY for things finally ending between them and then making a way totally for E/C....FINALLY!!

10. midnight_tiptoes

I don't think things are going to heat up between them. My guess is that article was written a week or two ago? I honestly can't see things heating up between them after last night, unless they decide to "break up" for all appearances but hide a relationship. But really, isn't that what they've been doing? I don't get it, but I'm all for Jake getting the boot in Nov 19. Whoo!

Even when Stetler told Eric about him and Natalia, he didn't think anything of it. His first thought was: call Calleigh.

11. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

The "heat up" is a bad way. I mean they are going downhil, J/C, and IMO I don't think that Calleigh could take it anymore after 6x09. Like Yelina said in 'Rio' "A leopard never changes its spots".

12. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Ohhhhh yeah I like that Leyne!! *nods happily!* I'll take that explanation! :D

Lol, Caro yeah I think it's safe to say that Eric's first thought always somehow comes back to Calleigh! ;)

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Ditto...Eric helping Natalia out was so platonic for him that when Stetler (having seen the embrace as Eric comforted the pained Natalia, and as usual came to the WRONG conclusion) said something to him about fraternization, he quite innocently thought Stetler was talking about Cal and Jake. Hence the remark about Stetler needing to talk to Cal himself.

You know, people are going to see what they want to see, regardless of what is there. The Cake shippers will of course see the "old Calleigh" (and isn't her current character FAR removed from what she was?!) and think that Eric was being the biggest ass in ratting out Cal and Jake. Just like the Eric/Natalia shippers will have seen a romantic spark in the completely platonic scene mentioned above. Hell, the C/J shippers are probably raging against Eric in their forum, and the E/N shippers are probably falling all over themselves over that scene, thinking up all kinds of fanfic ideas to continue the episode.

Which brings me to my comments about the scene being completely platonic. Am I seeing things that aren't there? I think not...come on, there was no sparkle in either Eric's or Natalia's eyes, no longing looks of love...nothing. And for the record, I really can't stand Natalia (not Eva, Natalia)...I think she's useless and on the show so her boobs can process all the lab samples (this comment borrowed from someone else & regurgitated here, and oh yeah, my apologies to Eva/Natalia fans).

14. midnight_tiptoes

I don't think the EN fans believe it was romantic. I haven't seen anybody claiming that it was, then again, I don't visit that thread. Plus, Natalia has a new love interest.

I'm eager for Jake to go so Eric and Calleigh can rebuild what they had and continue from there. Love triangles are always bad for everyone.

15. lanmwolf

lanmwolf Victim

Hey everyone,

I've been a lurker in this thread for awhile and I thought I would finally come out of the woodwork and join the discussion with all of you E/C fans :)

Anyway I agree with all of you guys about there being no real spark between Eric and Natalia in the scene where he popped her shoulder back in, but I kept hoping that Calleigh would walk in and see the two of them hugging and make the wrong assumption and get jealous. Then later she would be all distant from Eric and if he asked her what was wrong I think that that could have turned into a real interesting conversation filled with angst (like Eric saying "and what right do have to be jealous. You were the one who said we couldn't be together").

Also I was rewatching the Season 5 finale last night and I realized that people on imdb and tv.com (who are not E/C fans) got something totally wrong. In the finale Calleigh told Eric that they couldn't be together because they worked around each other all the time, but yet she never told him that she didn't want to be with him and I think that she is assertive enough that she would have said so if she felt that way. Yet I've seen a couple posts where people have said that Eric confused Calleigh's demeanor as romantic, when in fact it was motherly. I guess I just realized that that whole scene had gotten warped in my mind to fit the opinion of people who are not E/C fans, but I'm so glad I went back and watched it again to see what really happened. That's my two cents anyway and sorry some of it didn't make sense (my friends have told me that sometimes I'm not the clearest person).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.