The injury thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by csimonkey, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:

Talker host Ellen DeGeneres injured her back — badly, it would seem — over the weekend, and as a result will conduct her Q&As this week lying down in a hospital bed posited center stage on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, TMZ.com reports.

2. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

You take a small wooden shelf and place it against your wall. You make sure your trashcan is below that shelf and then trow something away while bending over... That stand up straight again as fast as you can and get a concussion! Works really well! Dumb ass me!!

For a moment I lost track and I sat down on the floor with a lot of pain!

3. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

BlueCurl, sorry about the concussion. :( I was bent over in my car, cleaning it out and raised up. Yep, you guessed it. I hit my head on the car frame and saw stars for a second. :eek:

4. miami85

miami85 Hit and Run

Sorry about that BlueCurl and PrettyEyes :( That gotta hurt..

on Thursday i got seven stiches on my foot :( it hurt like hell! i was holding a plate and it fell and one of the pice from the plate cut through the skin :( :( ... i learned something never carry a plate if it has a 2 litre water bottle on the tray :(

5. calleighsgirl

calleighsgirl Dead on Arrival

oh, miami85, that sounds terrible. :(

Well the last time I got injured was a couple weeks back during softball practice. We were doing pop-ups and grounders in the outfield. When it was my turn I tried to stop the ball, already had it in my glove, but it jumped up and hit my jaw from below.
    So my jaw still hurt two days after that, and while it happened I also bit my lip and it was bleeding for like 8 minutes. It looked really funny the next day and everyone asked me if I got beaten up or something. :lol:

6. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Hmm, I think the last painful thing I did was when I decided I was goin to take cookies out of the oven...without oven mitts on. Ohh my god, I gave myself such a bad burn. Thank god my one roommate is a nurse, so she like, got me to stick it in cool water, then I had some gross blister on my hands for like, 2 or 3 weeks.

And this is something I just remember from a really long time ago: My roommate (being the great, un medicated person at the time) threw a pot at my face, (which she had actually done quite often) only she finally managed to hit me in the face, and hit me in the nose. Then later on (and I was already in pain) I was running up the stairs, forgot there was a door at the top of them (yeah...smartest thing I've done in a while) and ran into it. My nose was bleeding all over the place, it was soo gross. And it hurt. Then I got to stick cool things that looked like tampons up my nose...but they werent, they were like, if your nose bleeds uncontrollably stick this up your nose things :lol:.

7. Charity

Charity Police Officer

If you want to talk weird injuries I can beat all the ones I've heard so far. When I was 6 I was at the zoo with my mom and several chimps had gotten out of their cage and 2 of them attacked me. I got bit on the leg and the arm and somehow the middle of my back.

8. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

hehe, how did they escape :p?

not long a go on of the chimps in the zoo in my city escaped and attacked a woman... google: Bokito, for the ones that don;t believe me!

9. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I just sprained my wrist. I was in a car accident and went to get on the horn and hitting the other car made me stop and my wrist bent all funny and here I am today.

I cried so bad, it hurt and now I have to bandage it and look like a loser.

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

My latest injury well that was about 3 weeks ago. We're rebuilding the school store and well someone passed me the ladder but I didn't hold it tight enough and it slipped. It was sort of a burn mark on my wrist because of the friction between my skin, my watch and the ladder. It was very sore, blue and well it was bleeding :) I continued the work though I'm not a pussy :p Oh and a day later we had to remove a panel from the wall so we had to pull very hard and my classmate she pulled but it bounced back against the wall and well my thumb was between the plate and the wall :lol:

Oh and another one from a year or so ago. We had to run towards a trampoline, jump on it and immediately jump over a sort of plastic wall of about 2m. And I didn't want to do that because I KNEW I was going to fall! But my teacher convinced me so I did it. Before I did it I said outloud "those who're going to die, greet you farewell". And I jumped over the plastic wall but suddenly I lost my balance in midair. Didn't hurt myself, well I had a bumb on my head :lol:

I'm not clumsy, honestly!

11. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Owie! I meant to say something like 'I hope your wrist is okay' in the Let's Talk Gay thread, but I got distracted. So I say it now!

So today, I was sitting there, on the computer doing some research in the Uni library, and I am bored out of my mind, because I can't find anything. So I start swinging my legs, hit the desk that the computer was on, and was like 'owwweee'. Then as I was making a big scence over my leg, I fell over onto the floor :lol:. That was a lot of pain for some stupid research project :lol:

And oh my gosh, I ddi this today, and almost every other day, I fell up the stairs! I hate doing thatt. Ugh, I was in pain, I just kind of layed there and didn't move until my roommate threatened to step on my hair. :p

And random: Last year when I was doing ski lessons, I was skiing down a hill, And I swurved to avoid some cute adorable three year old, only doing that threw my off balance, and well, I whiped out and my skiis went over my head. I just kind of layed there, I mean, I could move fine, but I layed there for about, five minutes. Then I scooted down the hill because I was in pain.

Hmm...I am quite blonde :p.

12. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

broken toe like a couple of hrs ago ad it hurts! lol

13. Mitss90

Mitss90 Dead on Arrival

Okay, so I went cycling today. Like I do everyday since I have to cycle to school, but my lace got loose and got caught in my ehm, how do you call that in English? Well, in my wheel or something. I didn't notice it, of course, so I fell from my bike. I've only some scratches now, but it did hurt and it looked so foolish. :p

14. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Mines not that good...I was biking and I crashed into an open home sign outside a house. Broke a couple of fingers

15. snowbird

snowbird Witness

My injury isn't really serious, but it hurts. Last night while playing at a park (I'm in my 22 and in denial about being an adult), I scraped the top of my foot trying to get off a saucer swing. This comes right after I laughed at my dad when he told me to be careful before I left. I then made the idiotic decision to clean it using hand sanitizer, it definitely cleaned it.