Episode #605: 'Deep Freeze' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Oct 19, 2007.

1. i_heart_togo

i_heart_togo Dead on Arrival

this episode was really good. Eric didn't mean to spill the beans on Calligh and Jake it wasn't his fault that he let it spill out and she shouldn't get so mad at him for it. I hope Ryan get back on the team i love him Ryan is soooo hot and hopefully they will show more of him than like 30 seconds. Next weeks epsiode looks really good can't wait till next monday.

2. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

hehehe I loved this episode! And I know that Eric didnt "out" Jake and Calleigh intentionally but God Bless him for doing. I agree with whoever said that Calleigh wont stay mad for too long.

3. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

This episode was really good. I felt so bad for Natalia when she hurt her shoulder. :( She looked like she was going to pass out from the pain after Eric fixed her shoulder.

It's obvious that Eric didn't mean to tell Stetler about Calleigh & Jake. Calleigh should have realized Eric would never do something like that on purpose just to hurt her.

It was great to see Alexx get more screen time. In some of those scenes she was shivering. Who knew you could get that cold in Miami, huh? ;)

4. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Wow, I was thinking they really lost the body, oh well, it would have been funnier it they did. Woohoo Ryan. Still working at the gunrange I see. oh well again. at least he still has a job and is making money somehow.

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i liked this episode!

oh snap Eric! I can't believe he did that...hehe, i bet he is secretly glad

The new AV girl looks like a supermodel :rolleyes: please...

Even though Miami is always completly out of reality, at least they are somewhat realistic with their sexual harrassment policies. Their policy is definatly more realistic than vegas.

The case started out to being predictable, but ended up completely different than what i thought it would be..always good.

I miss Ryan...can't wait until he comes back...

I love Rick! :D

6. panther18

panther18 Rookie

How would Eric known that Stetler was talking about him and Natalia. Yeah I agree, he wouldnt never rat out Cal but I bet there was part of him that thinks that she deserves it after what she did.

7. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

That wife was so, so, so, so, so (x infinity) stupid. She basically could've told the cops that she pulled the knife out because she was trying to save her husband, and they TOTALLY would've believed her. Miami may have the most beautiful people in the world, but they sure are freaking stupid as hell.

Also, she's the worst actor in history. Her husband was dead and she kept acting like someone had messed up her reservations at the Russian Tea Room. What, no tears? Sometimes I get the feeling these people WANT to get caught.

Natalia also continues to be one of the dumbest characters on television. People pop their shoulders doing mundane things ALL the time and she's in her 40s (yes, you're in your 40s, stop denying it). I kept hoping Eric would've made it worse to teach her a lesson. Go to the doctor, idiot woman. Nobody has to know you popped your shoulder because you can't shoot a gun to save your sad life. That made no sense whatsoever.

As for Jake choosing his job over Calleigh, honestly, is anybody surprised at all? He did it once, of course he was gonna do it again. I wish someone had rubbed it all over Calleigh's face. This is what you get for getting involved with an asshole. Also, a blazer? Really? Hey, Jake, Fresh Prince circa 1992 called, he wants his wardrobe back. Also, grow an ass. Also, stop checking Alexx out, she's married and you're supposed to be in a relationship. Or not. I guess Jake is down with the swirl? That would be about a billion times more interesting than J/C.

What on earth was Calleigh wearing? Christ. I thought at one point she was gonna start serving meatballs to the other characters.

In that opening scene, when Jake and Horatio were staring into the horizon, both of them with their hands on their hips, both of them wearing blue blazers... it's like the writers picked that moment straight out of my most horrific nightmares. Please don't do that again.

I ordered a pizza tonight and Ryan was the delivery boy. I fucked him over with the tip cause the cheese was stuck to the top of the box. Like, carry it the right way, Ryan. Jeez.

I hope Ho didn't get any ideas about cryopreservation, though it wouldn't surprise me if Caruso already put a down payment on it.

Horatio's "he was a horrible father who wasn't there for his son!" anvils. I wish that scene had been followed by Horatio visiting Kyle in jail and giving him a pack of cigarettes. Cause nobody can teach a lesson on ass rape quite like daddy.

I also hate how random criminals on this show get sympathy from Horatio for the stupidest things. Oh, the murderer lost her son recently, so SHE COULDN'T have killed the guy. Let's go back to the drawing board and look for the real killer. Just like the third (or whatever) episode, where Alexx discovered that chick was deaf, so she and Calleigh were all, "awww, a deaf lady, she couldn't have POSSIBLY killed anyone cause she's deaf and disabled people need our sympathy and have no malice at all." I hate that about this show. It's so freaking preachy. Yeah, her son died, but she still went in there with the intention of killing the football player. Throw her in jail. She got no sympathy from me. My grandma died last year and I didn't go on a killing spree. Grief shouldn't excuse anyone from committing a murder. Shut up, Horatio and Alexx. And after that, shut up again.

On a scale from meh to 10 I give it -7 mehs. Really boring and pointless episode. I switched to Family Guy for a while and didn't miss a beat. And the acting was bad all around. I know Johnny W. is a good actor, but he mostly looked really bored and irritated tonight, and everyone else was just reading lines. Even the triangle was boring. Come on, somebody slap a bitch fer gods sake!

8. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

You know, for a while during this episode, I thought I wasn't going to have anything to put in a numbered list. Humans being human; I managed to come up with a few points.

1. Rita Sullivan; the six-year old's mother. Already wearing outfits requiring wardrobe tape when your son died A WEEK AGO? (Disclaimer; being male and living in Buffalo, I've no idea if wardrobe tape is de rigeur for common dress in Miami)

2. No one printed the table/cabinet near the body? They would have found the manager's prints if they did.

3. Eric vs. Stetler. Talk about a Southwest Airlines commercial - "Wanna get away?"

4. How does Horatio manage to slide his head forward like that without moving his neck?

5. Valera, if you marry me, neither of us have to look for dates any more. Think about it. <3

6. I was distressed to not even catch a glimpse of Lindsay... oh wait, this is Monday; not Wednesday. Carry on. :)

7. The murder weapon frozen with the victim. I have no words.

8. Natalia's shoulder. Granted, it was a plot device to get Callie and Jake in deep kimchee, but come ON. If shotgun proficiency were required for Miami-Dade firearms certification, you'd think Natalia would have tried one before now... and if she hadn't.... why suddenly pick up a shotgun and pound out a shell without even getting minimal instruction? To learn minor things like, they kick back?

8b. ....Or at least putting on a new target sheet so she don't confuse her shotgun accuracy with her pistol proficiency... but that's a minor quibble, even in my book.

9. Jiffyjazzy

Jiffyjazzy Captain

Hi everyone! I live in San Diego, and I don't know if anyone knows what's going on down here, but we've had huge fires and a lot of people have been evacuated and are losing their homes etc. right now :( Anyway, long story short, I missed the episode last night, due to all of this madness (In fact I just got the internet back), so if anyone could tell me what happened, I would be much abliged :D

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I might regret saying this and you might yell at me, but Caro tell us what you really thought of the episode :lol:

Don't get me wrong I didn't find it harsh at all and your observations about everything last night were dead on. The acting seemed flat and while the premise was really good, no one on the show hit a home run with it.

Enough with H and his son...it is over and done with; the writers aren't writing drama with that, they cramming it down our throats as melodrama. Jake needs the boot b/c please, the guy just doesn't belong on this show period; his character is boring, he is taking screen time from Frank and he just doesn't have ANY chemistry with Emily on screen. He belongs back in the 80's on 21 Jump Street with his circa Fresh Prince balzer; the only thing missing from him last night was the Carlton dance!

Episode got a 7 out of 10 from me; it is quite possible all the talk about being frozen, actually froze out the acting ability for some of the characters/actors on the show last night.

I'be more witty and write more but I think Caro took care of that ;)

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I loved the episode but was a bit distracted by all the "juiciness' within all the characters so I failed to actually see what the real case was. It was great to see Alexx get some more screen time, she is awesome!

Calleigh, poor girl, she looked devistated that Jake was telling her to "take a step back", you can see she really likes him & I pesonally saw the disappointment in his eyes, too. He was probably just trying to do what is best for them for right now.

Eric.. give the guy a break already. We all know hes not all there right now.

Ryan...how is it this guy w/ all his knowledge of forensics & crap that he has to resort to a counter job at a gun range? Isn't there a mall in Miami in desperate need of a cute security guard or something?

Rich...DO NOT LIKE HIM, hes too fishy! Something is up w/ him & I don't think it will be good!

Nat...you go, girl! At least she managed to hit the target. I feel sorry for her, she seems to be really annoyed by all of these difficulties she is having. Her shoulder....OW! You could tell she was trying so hard not to scream or cry. & god love Eric for helping her, I like that they have that comfortable, personal bond between them that his instinct is to hug her & make her feel better.

& going off that...Stetler. I was so glad Eric threw in his face about him & Yelina. On the other hand...sexual harrassment? He was hugging her for god's sakes, I could understand if it was like in "silencer" when he had his body up against her burying his face in her head...but not a hug. Oh, what can I say Eva LaRue is a lucky lady! ;)

Overall, good epi, it kept me entertained!!

12. flgal

flgal Hit and Run

OOOoooo, I would for sure volunteer to have a dislocated shoulder if Eric would put it back in for me!! That man just oozes compassion..

I felt bad for Calleigh but if steler's "rule enforcement" will get Jake out of the picture then go for it man!!

13. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

If you hate the show so much, my friend, then why are you here? Buzz off before I make you.

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

^^believe me she is the last person who would hate this show...she is entitled to her opinion. Why don't you buzz off!

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Guys, let's not get too personal. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion, whether it be positive or negative feedback. You may disagree with an opinion but you may not attack that person for having said opinion. Telling someone to "Buzz off before I make you" is not acceptable behaviour and I suggest it stops, please.

Alternatively, please use the 'Notify Moderator' button instead of responding to a post you may find offensive. Thanks. ;)