Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I still say GSR is secretly happening....or at least in my mind they are already together. I am having one of those Grissom migraines right now. Funny thing I just watched Strip Strangler again today too. I can't get enough of him running to her in the grocery store. That is the Grissom I want to see more of...go get em Grissom. :D

2. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Hope you feel better soon, LadySara...

Yes, I think all of us here love possessive Grissom. :D

BTW, I was thinking about what would be a good way to show that they are together...I don't know, the type of scene in my head is something very simple, like Sara hands Grissom a folder or something like that, and Grissom just brushes her hand with his fingers for a second. They share a small, knowing smile (hint of what is to come later after shift :D). And that's it.

A "Gentle-Gentle smile" for instance. That would be such a big clue. That smile, for me, is more proof for GSR than many of the verbal exchanges they had over the years. There is no mistaking that smile for friendship, father-daughter relationship or anything else other than love :D

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I agree, grisslybear. The GSR scenes I like the best are the really subtle, but sweet ones. Although it's really intense, the scene in Snakes is quite uncomfortable, and more than a little sad. The little smiles, the small banter... I think it's because it's showing there's a comfort zone there, rather than the uncomfortable limbo they were in for the past few years.

Either way, if they were to do a scene showing that something is already going on, I'd want it to be clear, but not hitting-you-over-the-head obvious. Something like...

End of Shift, they're all in the break room, planning to go out for breakfast. They invite Grissom.

Grissom: I already have plans.
    Sara: I should really get home and get some sleep.
    [Sara smiles at him as he leaves, he winks]

Not in a cheesy way... they've done winks before and had it not be cheesy, but it hints at it without making it too sappy or tense.

5. grisslybear

Wink would be good, Sarahvma...I don't remember when they did that--probably not with Grissom and Sara, right?

By the way, I've also been thinking--this is really really sad, but I'm wondering if people (viewers) will lose interest if they are already together, and there is no big change in the relationship over time. Much like in real life, they are two coworkers who happen to be together. They keep it low-profile at work, we see small smiles here and there, not "the angst" as we have been used to. Would we be bored after some point? Would we want to see a fight, or some rocky period, or some more acknowledgement of their relationship on-screen, a proposal, a baby? (OK I'm going too far, ignore the last two :D)

6. NZ_CSI_Chicka

NZ_CSI_Chicka Pathologist

damn GSR. love them.
    so much my new story has them as one of the 2 main couples.
    check it out in Fan fiction.
    Diamonds are Forever

7. Guest

Guest Guest

On the whole "when did you become a GSR fan" thing, I became one when I first was drawn to you guys! Seriously, I had a feeling something was going on between our beloved geeks, but I was just not that interested in them then. But now, well.....GEEK LOVE ROCKS MY WORLD!!!! :lol:
    Forensicsgirl, I would LOVE to see Grissom and Sara in that kind of situation. And I mean, who wouldn't? ;) And all the Gutter people will cheer and celebrate all night long.... :lol:

8. NZ_CSI_Chicka

NZ_CSI_Chicka Pathologist

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

When they were working the pig-in-a-blanket-made-me-a-vegetarian-case-but-we-cuddled-under-a-blanket, they had finally found some good evidence since their bug stuff got refuted, and she said it was better than bugs because there was less latin, they both smiled and he gave her a small wink. It was cute. WP knows how to do things that on anyone else would seem cheesy, somehow.

In response to the "how will they play it" thing... I honestly think that after six years of angst and hinting that if they are already together, even if the two of them are playing it completely straight, there will be some roadblocks. For instance, if they are together, that might explain why Sara got as pissed as she did about Sofia visiting him at his office - I mean, as simply a crush (like when she walked in on a much more intimate scene in Season 5) she would be dejected and hurt. She seemed pissed.

And Sara - who has been the Nightshift Queen of shirking the rules - can hardly tell Sofia off too much about her behavior. It was an excuse to get mad at her at all. I'm not blasting Sara, here, I'm just trying to say that all of the actions between the three was pretty much screaming subtext.

And I do want to say that I recognize (because there's been a lot of debate as to how 'wrong' Sofia was to come to Grissom) that what Sofia was doing wasn't just inappropriate but also illegal, however like I said before, subtext made it as heated as it was. If it were Catherine it would have been a simple, "get the hell out" in polite Catherine terms.

But this is a very long way of saying that I doubt the writers are just going to make it a boring, sweet affair after all of this.

10. grisslybear

Yeah, can't forget the "less Latin" scene. That's another one of the "I'm infatuated by you" looks from WP. Oh, the first seasons...

As for that Sofia scene, I won't get into a comparison of Sofia's behavior with the rules that Sara broke in the past because I've done enough of that in the general CSI thread and I would just be repeating myself...(my point was that they are not comparable, by the way :p)

Although I don't find anything necessarily stemming out of jealousy in Sara's remark, if you look at the hints they've been giving us this season, they really seem to be trying to create some sort of tension between Sara and Sofia, which I don't really like. So, in isolation, I didn't get a personal vibe from Sara in that scene. But if you look at the "big picture" this season, I think there was supposed to be major subtext there. As you say, maybe they're setting this up to be another hint that Grissom and Sara are together. Seem consistent with the fact that Grissom is dismissive toward Sofia and Sara looks less threatened by her than in Season 5.

As for the relationship, I also doubt that it will be smooth sailing. I just hope they don't go the artificially-injected jealousy route. It would just be too contrived, and would damage the characters, I think.

11. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Speaking of the "less Latin" scene here are the pictures from that scene that just bring a smile to your face. I love that episode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. grisslybear

Aww, thanks LadySara. That episode, from start to end, is full of GSR. Great episode.

I sometimes like reading old CSI reviews on TWOP (Sobell), to see what she thought of the episodes as they aired, at the time. Here's what she says about the SLL scenes:

PIG

"She then hunkers down to keep him company, and the camera pulls back to show them huddled together, reviewing lab notes. It's really kind of sweet, except for the festering, vermin-riddled pig decomposing at their feet. Young forensics investigators in love, I guess.

LESS LATIN

"Gil grins at Sara -- obviously, he doesn't visualize the flashbacks -- and says, "You did very good. But this is just more circumstantial evidence." Sara argues that she can bury Scott under the evidence, finishing, "You're the one who's always saying it's better to have one piece of forensic evidence than ten eyewitnesses." Gil responds, "What, do you tape everything I say?" Sara continues to argue that presenting bullets as evidence will be easier than presenting bugs, and Gil grins again. Whether he's doing so because he's thrilled to have a true believer or because he's becoming smitten with a fellow science nerd remains to be seen." :D

13. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

You know Grissom has to have been smitten at that point. How flattering it must have felt to know Sara really values and takes everything he says to heart. In return I think he always considers what she says important as well. Just like he made the point to do everything in his power to make sure they got the husband in this case. This too was our first big clue that Sara had a problem with abuse. So, really we learned about Sara early on because of this case and so did Grissom.

14. grisslybear

That reminded me of a conversation in TTTD:

Nick: "You're rushing this for Sara."
    Grissom: "My priority is the case, Nick."

I think everyone knows he has a soft spot for Sara. (Well here I thought about a silly joke involving soft spot, but that wouldn't be PG, so I'm keeping it to myself :D).

15. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Interesting thought...see Nick saw that Grissom had a thing for Sara even then and that was before Cath and the whole plant conversation in BOF.

Awww Grissly no fair you can't share you joke. Now I am curious. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.