Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Hm, I haven't been here in a while, it's time to show some love for the girl ;)

About her new hairstyle, it's a double view subject for me. I am a real fan of her wavy hair, since ever, I think it makes her look really pretty, but yet again, I don't dislike the new short look on her. I think I still prefer the wavy one over the straight one, but considering it storyline wise, I do think it was a good choice/change. It fits the fact that she seems to be back to lighthearted Lindsay, and the visual keeps up with the emotional change. After a deep sad season 3, here it comes lighter season 4 with appropriate hairstyle to that :)

So yeah, I am really liking that she is back to funny teasing Lindsay! We all seem to agree that's the Lindsay we like best :) The boom! scene was funny, how she looked so comfortable and natural explaining while that while the guys had the weirdest expressions :lol: And also the phone call to Lindsay, it was a nice touch.

I still haven't seen the 'I rock' scene, but it seems adorable. And yes, Lindsay Monroe, you do rock :D

2. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Oh, the "I Rock" scene was great. I think we all have our little "Happy Dances" for when something goes right.

Anna and Carmine pulled off the Mach 5 v. Batmobile geek-off perfectly. Great timing. Great facial expressions. I still think the funniest exchange this season was the "condom spray" experiment. "Lindsay" looked so at ease when she was using that can, and then "Danny" had this look that said he'd created a sex monster.

Oh yeah! Lindsay rocks ... Danny's world, that is! ;)

3. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Hello everyone!

Haven't been here in a while...I'm sorry, but if I have time to lurk around, I usually go to the D/L-thread :D But since I read that there are people in here that say there isn't much posting in this thread (and how can that be when there's such an great actress as Anna ;) ), I figured I had to pop in here more often.

So here I am! And until now, I've only seen some parts of the epi's of S4, but from what I've seen "ANNA ROCKS!"

I like how she handles her scenes...the spray-on condom scene was brilliant, as is the I rock-scene.

As for the new haircut? I liked it at first, but they have to spice it up a little...like in the promo pic, with the whole cast eating lunch. That way, it'll be perfect!

Don't have that much to say, but I will come in more often and see if I can discuss a lot more with you guys! :p Bye for now!

4. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

there wasnt that much Linds in this epi but I loved the Hop-scotch comment :)

her seemingly off-topic comments are starting to grow on me. she reminds me a little bit of Duckie from NCIS just the other way round - he start on topic and slowly gets off-topic (which I do every other time I discuss something:) ) she usualy throws in something seemingly random that turns out to be relevant

with short hair like this you probably cant do that much but they should really try to spice it up a little

5. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I like those little 'lectures' she gives, like this season with the hop-scotch, the starfish, the spray-on condom and there were a few of those last season too.

She always displays an almost child-like enthusiasm when science has again helped her to solve a 'mystery' and the way she is eager to share that new-found knowledge with others is quite endearing (and a bit geeky :p)

I wish they styled her hair in the way it is in that 'lunch on a skyscraper'-promo pic.

6. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

The hop-scotch was actually relevant to the case though! :lol: That's what was so funny. She knew that the chalk wasn't hop-scotch and from that she and Mac correctly deduced that the doctor had used it for a formula. :eek:

7. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Hello!

I'm just popping in, right before I go to bed.

Funny you say this! I also thought of it as enthusiasm, but a lot of people think it's terribly annoying. That's fine, everyone has it's own opinion. But when she did this in S3, I have to admit I sometimes thought of it as annoying too. I'm desperately trying to find an example, but nothing comes up...I just know I had that thought sometimes.

But luckily...Let's just say that from what I've seen so far of S4, Lindsay is back to her old self and she makes me think of an enthusiaastic child again...which is good! :lol:

As I said, I'm off!

8. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

maybe it happened when the explanation was too long? I only remember one time, about the Lotus flower at the end of S3. other times I find it rather endeering or dont realize she done it at all.

I like her enthusiasm. I was just thinking the other day that at the beggining she seemed a little up-tight and insecure - which was normal IMHO, but she quickly found her place in the team and let loose a little, was more herself. and thats what Im seeing in S4 and I really like it :)

9. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

I agree, it's the enthusiasm that she brings to mundane things that I find endearing, in a way. The cute little stories, and I especially love the little experiments she does on Mac. Stella finds it amusing, and Mac tolerates it. I like these little character traits, and like Jen said, said, something we see as cute, others find annoying. To each their own, I say.

10. CSI_NY_Addict

CSI_NY_Addict Victim

Huhu! *waves*

I am new to the board, but I do love Anna/Lindsay!!!

I don't see any of those things some people here are trying to say... :confused:

Anna's acting is brilliant! She is great and she is soooo beautiful!

The first episode she appeared in, "Zoo York", she caught my eye because she wasn't afraid to siff through tiger dung... Who else would do that??? Great! :lol:

And I do really hope that season 4 gives us the OLD Lindsay back. The one she used to be in season 2. Season 3 was much focused on her past. Anna did a great acting job with the court scene in SOOH, but I do prefer the funny and witty Lindsay from season 2. But I think the few glimpses we got from her in season 4 so far are indicating that she will be back.

All I need now is MORE LINDSAY in the new season...

Anyone with me??? :)

11. lindsaymonroe

lindsaymonroe Dead on Arrival

I'm with you, and Lindsay don't REALLY Must Go

12. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Hi guys!

I think it was that one, Carly. But I have to check that...and to do that, I must have time.... :( It was just one or two times that I thought 'OMG, there she goes again...' From what I've seen now, I don't think it's annoying at all. Someone's gotta explain it to the others, right?

I'm off to bed...SO TIRED!

13. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Hi new to this thread *waves manically*

Well I have started myself off in this neck of the woods by visiting the 'why linsday must go' thread and saying my piece. Nicely of course. But, as I am expecting to see things being thrown, I have come to take refuge in here for a while.

So Hi.*Stands up* I'm Jodie and I love CSI in general.

xx

14. CSI_NY_Addict

CSI_NY_Addict Victim

Oh, Adolero, I am new too. Good to know I am not the only newbie... And I already like you for saying your opinion! :D

15. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Thanks, I am gald I am not the only new one too :)

And I was really scared haha. But never mind, It's done now. All in the name of friendly discussion!

Jodie
    xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.