Grissom & Sara #31 : Yes. Let's Do It.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goggie704

goggie704 Victim

Re: Grissom & Sara #31 :TBA

From what I read they are doing away with Sara and Grissom. I am thoroughly disgusted with the whole bunch of writers. How dare they pull this on us. Sara is gone as of next month. Well they sure pulled a rotten trick because in the show we saw last night Grissom said that they should get married and he looked at Sara and she said Lets do it. Then they tried to kiss but they had masks on and couldn't. So now I read that Sara is leaving to do her thing out in the world. What did they make it so bad there for her that she had to leave. They gave Grissom a month off to do his thing but they can't do the same for Sara so she won't have to leave. If she leaves and they break up then that is the last show that I watch. They can't give her the same courtesy they gave Grissom. It must be pay back time for Sara because she wanted more money. Why isn't anyone entitled to ask for more money. If you ask then you get fired. Nice group of people. Anyway I am all done with all of them.

2. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

In the interveiw about her leaving, she was very adamant about the fact that it WASN'T about money at all. If she just wanted a month off, they probably would have given it to her. No one wants to see her leave, but she wants to do other things and the violence of the show was getting to her. She's leaving, but that doesn't mean they're neccessarily breaking up. Sara doesn't have to leave the city, or even her job, they could just not show her anymore. Or she could quit her job and do something else. Just because she's not on it anymore doesn't mean we won't get a happy ending. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

3. BabyBunting

BabyBunting Witness

you gotta remember, as far as we know at this point, yes JORJA is leaving for a while, but SARA isn't leaving as such. from what I've read so far I've had no indication that it has anything to do with her relationship with Grissom but more with personal issues with her past and she needs to get away from work for a while, which is how they've left the window open for her to come back. I've not read anything definitive to say that her and Grissom are going to split, a lot of it is just suggestion, but so far there's nothing out there which says that Grissom and Sara are definately going to split, just a lot of hype because GSR isn't going to be a focal relationship anymore, it doesn't mean it's ending. if you're refering to the Ausiello interview, notice that at no point does CM confirm that GSR is ending, just that there is going to be a new focal relationship. have a little faith! :)

OK - has anyone actually read anything difinitive that GSR is ending? because I haven't. CM's answers to Ausiello's questions regarding this were very vague and she really danced around the subject without really answering the questions. it seems a lot of people have instantly assumed that because Sara is no longer going to be on screen, that means that she and Grissom have split, has anyone read anything that actually backs this up?

4. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Hey guys. So is Jorja leaving because she wants to do her own thing or because she works for a bunch of pricks? I know she said it wasn't the money & I'm sure it wasn't per se. But if the people you work for don't want to give you what you think is a reasonable deal it's not very respectful. Like Goggie said, Billy got a month off last year. As for Jorja saying in January she wouldn't sign, I don't think thats true. In all the media stuff she did in May she was saying that she was hoping to come back for a "sexy season eight", remember? I think that sometime between the end of season seven in May & the start of filming for season eight in July she got fed up with TPTB & said screw it. Now she's putting a good spin on it. I'm sure part of it is wanting to do other things & the violence of the crimes on the show, but she tried to do a deal for six months before giving up.

As for the proposal I still just grin my ass off every time I watch it.
    And I too wish we could see them at least get dressed up for the wedding even if we don't get to see it. Billy in a tux *swoons*. And Jorja done up to the nines might make a few anti's change their tune. I don't think any of the anti's have ever seen any of Jorja's modeling pics.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hey seattle haven't you read the latest "news" CM, said "Sara is coming back" it's on our news archives the top story ;) go read it.. hope is the key!

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

My gosh, you're right! I've been too giddy to realize the symbolism! Thanks for pointing that out! Wow! Leave it to Griss to be subtley deep like that...

7. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

I haven't read anything that screams break up. I think it depends on how the writers have decided to handle it. I can't imagine Grissom and Sara getting married (which supposedly will actually happen before Jorja leaves) and then splitting up within the episodes Jorja has left. And if the baby rumors are true, then I guess they will have to be together for the rest of the season. I think we just need more stupidly optimistic people in the world.

What is nine months before May...September? Wait, so she'd have to be pregnant now if the finale is in the delivery room. She was wearing a baby doll shirt in the last episode, but still. This doesn't add up. Then again, the finale might not be in the delivery room.... :rolleyes:

8. hellogilbert

That's what I said! I was screaming, "Dammit! Dammit! Damn bee hats!" at the tv, and any other inanimate object that would "listen!"

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

brilliant analysis Al! you know your insightness (is that a word?) made me notice something interesting about the Proposal Scene.

Sara's past is widely known to us. her father was abusive and that was probably one of the reasons, if not the most important one, why Sara was always so independent and pretty much anti-marriage.

so i found it either coincidential or purposeful that Sara said Don't worry, he's harmless, and I trust you in the scene where a couple seconds later he proposes marriage. Marriage - something Sara was always very sceptical about and which was never something she could picture herself participating in.

TBH when i watched the promo i've assumed she wouldn't answer right away, like she did. i thought she'd rather tell him she needs a little time to think about it, that she'd still have her demons in her. but i haven't anticipated the amount of trust they have for each other.

it's not only Grissom that has grown, it's also Sara.

10. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

I watched the proposal scene again, it's the first time today. Don't you just LOVE the way she's looking at him when he's scraping the stinger out of her hand? I love that whole scene, I think I'm addicted to it! :D

11. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

I. love. you.
    I know, seriously, first time I watched that movie, I nearly died in a mixture of hysterical laughter...and drool.
    Why are all the amazing guys totally married?
    Or, so freaking involved, that they should be married anyway?
    Hannibal, all snatched up like that. It breaks my heart, it really does. -sob-
    I'm sure Norman Bates is still around.

Lolz, Grissom is like Hannibal in some really funny way. >.<

You love the name-y-ness too? Gah. Of course, it's totally because of the awesomeness that is Jorja. Yeah. I'm sold on it, darnit.

Shipwrecked - You frighten me deeply.
    I wish I could remember why...
    But I love you anyway. ;]

GSR related, yes.
    Uh. I love GSR, as much as I love Norman Bates.
    No, furseriously, you can ask my mother. And my friend, who wonders what my sudden fascination with bees is about. I snicker at her, and tell her I'm gonna be a troubled bee-keeper for Halloween.

Yay, the thread I voted for is winning. Bwah.
    And, I've made my lovely contribution to the Shipper Central Caption Contest. Lolz.

ETA:
    My little brother watched the proposal scene for the first time today, and seriously screamed louder and higher than I did. I was totally pwned by the gayness that is my brother.
    Oh god.
    Mum was like, "see, Crash isn't running around, jumping up and down screaming."
    And three seconds later, what do you know...

They had a story about Jorja and the scene on TV Watercooler this week. It was hilarious, and they thought it was adorable. I <3 them.

[​IMG]

12. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

WORD. :D

OMG! You used the abbrevation DH! And I understood! *dies*
    I know what you mean about the spelling Jorja. I usually don't like "creativ spellings" of names , e.g Makenzi etc., but Jorja is beautiful. I love it too. :)

I agree. It doesn't seem like her. But think of all the hilarity that could come from them having the same last name. :D Sidle-Grissom would be cool.

I've just realized that my brother has the initials FES which is 'fart' in Swedish. :lol:

Agreeing on the Jorja/Georgia part. As for Gilbert...I've been secretly crushing on that name since I read Anne of The Green Gables.*blush* I think it is beautiful. But then again, in Sweden, one of the mosty popular girls name is Agnes. :p Maybe we are just nuts.

Thank you :D. I love you too. Norman Bates is <3.*droool* And Grissom and Hannibal are both extremly cool and swoonable.

I have compulsory-naming-obsession. I love names. Seriously, I could marry every name in the world. And Jorja is pretty...*sigh*

13. hellogilbert

babybunting, props for quoting Gone with the Wind! I saw the preview for the new "Bee Movie" last night and couldn't stop giggling. "Bees! *giggle giggle* Bees!"

14. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

Has everyone voted? Can we get the name on there yet? I just hate the TBA thing, and I'm a little impatient. We had the best thread name last time and I want to keep it going this time and I think any of the three would do it!!!

Elin, I have been in love with Gilbert (Blythe) for years, and I absolutely LOVE you for pointing out that they have the same first name (no, I wasn't that bright to do it myself) ;)

I have to say, that even though it wasn't a real kiss like we're waiting for, I do love the bee hats now that I've calmed down. It is SOOO Gilbert to propose in a bee suit, to ues an insect for a ring, and to kiss her in bee hats!! :lol: God we have the greatest ship EVER!

15. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

I think we have the Thread title name! Mods? If you wouldn't mind....

Yes. Let's do it.

Yay!

It's so sad that thats all I have to say.

That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.