Grade 'Time's Up'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 17, 2007.

1. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I gave the episode a C.

I love that we finally get to learn more about Flack's history...However, as some have pointed out already, there were some inconsistencies. The writers should take note of what had already been dished out in previous seasons...Is it too much to ask for continuity and consistency to story lines?

I'm glad Angell's back. I've kind of missed her character lately.

I didn't like how the writers handled the Mac-Peyton break up. Come on, breaking up with Mac in a letter? That was heartless. It's almost as bad as Jack Berger breaking up with Carrie Bradshaw on a post-it note in 'Sex and The City' minus the comic effect of the situation.

The episode failed to hold my attention. Since I recorded it, I found myself pausing in between scenes... since I was almost bored to death by it.

2. Hillicious

Hillicious Hit and Run

A+ All The Way!

*Unhappy about Peyton. I wanted Mac to keep gettin' lovin.

*Hawkes (sans a pocket protector) ALWAYS gets me warm and tingly inside. Can't get enough of him.

Enjoyed it immensely.

3. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Peyton cutting things off was sad... UGH...

It was also obvious that the professor was able to get all those racing trifectas via his knowledge of game theory--he never traveled through time.

Of course, Sid Hammerback knew about the aphrodesiac. The man is a walking hard-on as we all know... I'm just glad that he didn't creep out Hawkes this week. He seems to get a sick pleasure form creeping out Sheldon, man.

And will someone please KILL LINDSAY. She's more annoying than Hodges and Ecklie on Vegas, and I never thought that would be possible!!!

4. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

it was intriguing and funny and also sad

Sid & Danny were at their best and I loved the Flack/Hawkes banter

the cases were pretty cool too. it was interesting when you didnt know what to thing of it till the end. I enjoyed it.

and mac playing bass again - beautiful ending

the only thing I didnt like was the break-up. I wish Peyton would have come back

PS: creepy guy is getting really creepy :)

5. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Do you wanna know what I hate most about Peyton's goodbye letter? It ended up being the punchline to a sick joke. Think about it: Mac tells Stella to let Drew "catch her" if you will, because Peyton chased him and look how wonderful that turned out. Cut to the end of the episode and Peyton's breaking up with him via a letter. Guess the relationship's not as wonderful as you thought, eh Mac? Stella should take this as a sign to ignore your advice.

6. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Yeah, yeah enjoyed it despite Peyton's handwritten letter being obviously typset, but I somehow felt that Flack's 'backstory' about his family was slighty forced, as though TPTB have finally decided to make a BIG THING out of Flack. Much though I love the guy it just seemed a little too deliberate....

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Heh, but I'll take it. If they're going to be jerky with how they handle the character's personal lives, rather than including small mentions here and there without a motive behind it, I guess we'll have to deal--and at least in this case, we'd get more Flack. :p

8. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

True, true.....better than none or minimal Flack I agree.

Oh I've just had a weird thought; Flack's looking younger (at least he did in the last episode) whereas Danny's looking a lot older. Do you think they're doing some weird Dorian Grey cross-over thingy??

9. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

Definitely an A+ --Intelligently written! Very intriguing! I really enjoyed watching this episode esp. the time travel case! Very smart!

Plus, Mac and Stella! wohoo!!! SMACKED!!! Nice to see Mac playing again! and Stella being there for him...Just cool!!!

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I gave it an A!

I gree with everything mulder8scullly5 said but I dont think it desearves an A+! But then again I did watch the 405 promo before!

11. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Didn't feel it forced, maybe because I am so grateful for it, and hope it will happen again. I love getting this little insides.
    And this would be inside no 2 this season. In The Deep we had that little Danny - Louie childhood story. Loved that too. :D

12. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I'd have to give it an A cos it was nice to see them slow it down, nothing to high speed/ fast paced but still something which kept you interested and almost confused.

And giggling the Danny/Stella story just had me laughing it was so obsure and both of there reactions to the whole case was nice to see.

I loved Flack also, its his whole outlook on it all the facial expressions and the witty one liners its soo nice to see, and I think its him and Danny which make it for me they have the lines which you have to giggle at.

I likes the hopskotch part to I find that its her thing that she has a little lead into her results which makes it that bit more interesting. Its a little quirk thats settled.

The musician at the end, it did seem a little pointless, was good music and nice to see Mac enjoying himself but i still found they could have done something better with the time used.

13. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Amen, MrsG! ;)

The good:
    Hawkes and Flack got more screentime, and Adam got more screentime as well. It's about time.

Angell was okay. Her comment to the frat punk about being on the receiving end in the cell block was priceless, and the looks she shared with Stella during the student health center questioning conveyed all that needed to be conveyed.

The bad:
    Danny should not have commented to Stella that he "didn't need" any help in the sex department. Stella's his superior, and that was completely inappropriate. Yes, it might have been intended as a throwaway line, but it was overshare with a boss.

Angell. I like Angell. She has her moments, but her performance is uneven and spotty. I like Kelly Hu's Maka better. She brought her badass, don't f*** with me A-game every single time. I'll settle for Angell, but that's what I'm doing: settling.

The jazz-club scene was nothing more than free promotion for a CBS Records talent. It was great to see Gary perform as Mac, but the whole scene felt cheap. If I were Gary I'd feel used.

The whole episode was blah. It seemed like the actors did the best with what they had, but like Deb said, I'm sorry I stayed up to watch it. It's not the worst hour of viewing I've ever had. An ex-boyfriend dragged me to see Madonna's "Swept Away." Now that was time I'll never get back. :lol:

I've never even considered this relationship before, but it's got its possibilities, Ceindreadh. :D

14. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

I've given it a few days, but my opinion of this episode hasn't really changed. I found it a confusing, and at times, dull episode. I did like the Flack/Hawkes exchange, and Mac and Lindsay working together, but neither case was particularly compelling to me. The break-up up of Mac and Peyton was not unexpected, but do so by letter wasn't a shining moment on her part. When Peyton first joined the show, I wasn't thrilled, but had grown to accept the pair. It lightened Mac up somewhat. Now, with the break-up and the 3:33 storyline, I wonder if we'll be back to serious Mac.

15. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

I still wonder if the letter is for real or if it will turn out to be a hoax created by the caller. Was the letter handwritten or typed? If the only part of the letter that was handwritten was the signature, somebody could have easily practiced until they got her signature right.

Even if it is from Peyton, I think Mac has changed. He talked about taking a chance on love. He could have easily had gone home to be alone but he went out and had a good time. The writers probably wanted the viewers to know that Mac has learned that he should take chances on love even if he might get hurt. He probably won't jump into a new relationship, but he might take a chance next time the opportunity occurs. Maybe it will be somebody who accepts that there is a deceased wife in the picture and doesn't feel threatened.