Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dragonfly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Re: Canadian Thread #5

Nightline did something on the show and they came to Toronto and asked us questions and alot of people couldn't identify Prime Minister Jean Chrétien.

2. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Really? Well, that's good to know. ;)

I totally agree btw, the new Air Farce isn't as good. I think because they've got such limited time now, and I suppose it being live has something to do with it, but it was always taped in front of a studio audience, so I don't know how much of an impact that had, they just...lost their sparkle...But Rick Mercer is quite possibly the most awesome Canadian to ever live. Like another poster said, I don't know how he keeps a straight face. People have already hit on my fave lines from Talking To Americans, "Prime Minister Tim Horton" and "But Canada has provinces, not states!" :lol: :lol: :lol: They should do a sequel... :lol:

3. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i totally tripped on a red brick today :lol:

so the other day i had my first ice cap in like, a year or two. and i dont know how i went so long without one! im like a crack addict, i cant wait for my next fix :lol: and its really dangerous because i live across the street from a timmies. i might have to break down and get another tomorrow....

who needs starbucks frapp-a-whatever when there are ice caps??

4. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

I've never been to Starbucks, but my mom caved and went there once because the Tim's line was so long, and she says the coffee's not any better but they charge more.

As for things you're addicted to at Tim's, for me it's the French Vanilla Hot Smoothie. Yum! My mouth's watering just thinking about it. :)

5. touchcookies

touchcookies Witness

I don't get the Starbucks thing. People go there and spend a heck of a lot more money when you could go to Tim's and get a delicious LARGE Hot Chocolate for less then a toonie.

My Dad always gets so annoyed when he is in the drive thru at Tim's. He always says that the drive thru is for coffee and doughnuts NOT sandwiches. I actually have a friend who worked at Tim's and he said that it really annoyed him when people ordered sandwiches in the drive thru. I know that in the SUB(Student Union Building) at the U of A they have two Tim's right across from one another and one only has coffee and donuts and the other handles the sandwiches and soup and stuff. That seems like a good idea.

When I went to New Brunswick it was right when the maple donut came out and my family and I went to a Tim's to get one and they didn't have any so we literally went less than a block down to the next Tim's to get one. They had them like every 20 feet.

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I find Timmy's hot chocolate good but sometimes I find the need to want a Starbucks one and today was the day. I will agree that they are overprice but sometimes it hits the spot better :) I usually drink tea and I find either Second Cup or Tim Horton's is better for tea. I like good old orange pekoe. I can't get that at Starbucks and when it comes to tea I will agree that they are way over priced.

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I'm not a big fan of either Starbucks or Timmies... but then, I don't like coffee :lol: I do like steamers though. Tim's doesn't have those, but the hot smoothies are similar. I like the hazlenut one (only flavor I've tried). I tried the steamers from Starbucks, and they aren't very good... and twice as much as the ones I usually get from a local place.

And, completely off topic, I was walking home from work today, and I was looking through my purse for my sunglasses, because it was so bright I could hardly see. And while I was doing this, it started pouring rain :lol: And I still needed my sunglasses. There were hardly any clouds in the sky. It was so weird :lol:

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I order sandwhiches from the drive-thru. :eek:

Starbucks has never been very appealing to me. I just find Tim Hortons to have everything I need. I'm not into anything fancy--which I'm sure you can just get a normal coffee at Starbucks but oh well. :lol:

Second Cup however is a great place. I've had tea and coffee and it's never been watered down like I sometimes find...At gas stations. :p What can I say I'm cheap and it's the closest coffee place to my house.

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

second cup got great fruit smoothies....what are they called, I think Fruizzi's or something like that..mmmmm :lol:

10. ILoveNerdsGreg

ILoveNerdsGreg Hit and Run

Yum... I Love Me Some Timmy's!!! lol Ever Had A Sprite With A Raspberry Tea Bag In It?? So Good! And I Love Their Cheese Crustents! lol

11. DJRideout

lol...sprite with a raspberry tea bag???? Never heard of it and can't even imagine what it would taste like...is this some sort of mainland thing tim's got on the go??? Cause I never heard of them doing that down here... :)

12. ILoveNerdsGreg

LOL No. Its not something that they came up with. When I was in highschool, Timmy's was right accross the street. So we ate there pretty much everyday. Somethings got boring, so we got Sprite and ordered a raspberry tea bag (they are like .10 cents) and you put it in like you would for a tea, then take it out and enjoy! lol it taste like rasberry Sprite! Its good. You just have to make sure the tea bag doesnt break on you... gross. And dont leave it in for too long. The longer the sweeter!

13. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Anything that's from Timmies that involves French Vanilla is gah, yum. I do find starbucks kindda $$$ BUT it is one more place where I can get my Jones soda.

Sprite with a raspberry tea bag. That actually sounds really good :p

14. DJRideout

LMAO....ok, I figured it was some crazy idea, as I have them too, I tried to race my cousins computer chairs with me and a friend in them to see who'd get to the bottom of the road first and raced barefoot around the McDonalds parking lot and through the drive-thru with my cousin in a shopping cart, but I had to ask JUST to be on the safe side...... cause yah just never know... :lol: know what I mean? heheh

15. ILoveNerdsGreg

LMAO! I dont even know what to say to that...??? haha