How You Discovered CSI

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by MacsGirlMel, Jul 30, 2006.

1. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

My ex-boyfriend introduced Vegas to me one day at like 2AM with his mom. Than we watched like Nailed and I started catching the re-runs on A&E and Spike.

I started watching NY this season though. Just because I could.

2. addicted_to_eads

addicted_to_eads Victim

Have been watching since day 1. 3 reasons
    (1) Marg Helgenberger (fan since China Beach)
    (2) George Eads ( fan since Savannah)
    (3) Jorja Fox ( fan since ER) Then all it took was the golf club to the head and I was hooked

3. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

hi
    i started watching since it first started and have not missed an episode since the first one. I drive my hubby crazy with the show..... :lol:

4. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

I remember seeing the first few episodes of LV, but didn't get into it as I figured it was another "Law and Order" type show. Then I saw Grave Danger...and that just about killed me. I then became an obsessed fan who now owns all the seasons on DVD and watches all the re-runs on Spike!

I've watched Miami a few times and it's not totally unwatchable, but I have never seen an episode of NY. I keep forgetting it exists! Also, as a former NYPD officer I just have a hard time watching any crime shows that take place in NY. (which, come to think of it cancels out a lot of shows for me!) :lol:

5. MORGANSTARR

MORGANSTARR Prime Suspect

back when it first started i used to sleep round my grandmothers house...and it used to come on just before bedtime!

so i would be like...wooo...it must be good it's on after bedtime!

so a few months later after heated debate with the grandparents they let me stay up and watch it...so right from season one i was hooked!

6. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

I actually didn't like CSI:NY in first place, even though I watched it because I loved GS as an actor and MK was great too. But the cases were a bit slow. But halfway through the sesason I saw its potential and by the end of S1, I got hooked up. Especially because of the interaction of GS and MK! :) They are such a CUTE shipper pair.

LV is a great show as well, but I wouldn't consider myself as a fan as I am for NY. Miami doesn't do it for me at all, but my bfriend and my best bff are completely into that, so I once in a while have to watch it as well.

7. nuttynickyxx

nuttynickyxx Witness

well, my mum has watched csi for AAGGGEESSS but it was never really my thing, but about mid 06 my mum got the Dark Motives PC game and i played on there 4 a bit, then started watching Miami, but hated LV and NY, then i was bored a few months later and watched LV and fell in luv with it lol, same thing happened about a week l8r with NY!

8. MrsHCaine

MrsHCaine Civilian

when i first started seeing my now fiance he used to watch it, i was never into tv programmes to do with crime but when he made me sit down and watch one i got hooked, i love them all but csi miami was my first so i prefer that

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

My mom was watching Vegas one night and I sat down and watched it with her. Then we started Miami once Cross Jurisdictions was on. She watches NY but I never got into to. So it's a thing that we do together twice a week and it's nice to have that time.

10. catheline

catheline Hit and Run

I got hooked on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation from the first episode.

I wasn't into CSI:NY in first place. The first episode I saw was Blood, Sweat & Tears. I liked the next episode Til Death Do We Part and cause I was already Melina fan, I started to watch CSI:NY regularly after #115. I became a Smacked fan soon.

My mom has watched CSI:M years. Few months ago I saw accidentally Death Pool 100. I hadn't anything to do and I decided to watch it to the end. I fell in love with Calleigh and Ryan quickly. I became a CaRWash fan and now I'm watching CSIM regularly.

11. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Gosh, y'know, I have no idea how I first got into it. :confused:

I *think* my first Vegas ep was Rashomama, and I *think* I just caught it accidentally (a good accident though) when everyone was talking about it and I was like, "what is this show?" But I didn't really watch it much until the end of the sixth season, and now I'm hooked.

As for NY, I didn't really ever give that show a chance to start with, it just turned me off from the get go. That is until I heard Nelly Furtado was going to be on it. This was while I was in my flag waver phase, so I was going to watch it solely for her, but I wasn't sure what day it was on, so I ended up accidentally (again, a good accident!) watching the one with Kid Rock (name is escaping me atm). I was immediately hooked.

So basically, CSI was just a big fat accident for me. :lol:

12. calleighsgirl

calleighsgirl Dead on Arrival

Oh, that was such a long time ago. I think I was 12 years old. I watched one episode because I was bored at my grandma's, thought it was cool, but stopped watching for about 3 three months, because my mom wouldn't allow me to watch TV after 8:15 pm... then I somehow got to watch another episode ('Felonious Monk' that was :D ) and I just HAD to see more, because I thought it was so awesome. Since I never discussed with my mother I started videotaping the episodes and always watched them the next day. But it really didn't take me long to get totally hooked.

13. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

We had just gotten our TV back, and we were looking for new shows to watch. We came across A&E, and I secretly began watching Crossing Jordan. My mom let me watch it (I was the same age as calleighsgirl), and after awhile we began watching CSI: Miami. After rambling on about it obsessively for a couple *weeks*, my best friend had me watch LV. Now I'm hooked on both!

14. Wolfefangirl

Wolfefangirl Dead on Arrival

Oh...let's see... I actually watched Miami before I watched the others. I guess I was watching a random show on a random channel when I flipped over to CBS. (Note: This was about less than a year ago) They were showing a new episode of CSI: Miami and I thought: "Hey, this show looks cool..." Sooner or later, it became a daily basic! Then I watched CSI the original and fell in love with it... I'm just now getting started on New York

15. CSIFan86

CSIFan86 Victim

I saw an episode of CSI LV a few years back and didn't really have an interest for it. Then my parents started watching it so I thought I would give it another chance, kinda liked it but still didn't have a big interest for it yet. Now, recently, I started watching it and I watch the episodes shown on Spike, and I also watch the episodes shown on Sundays for the marathon shown on Spike. I also get to see the episodes online so I'm trying to watch all the episodes from later seasons.

If I had the money, I'd buy the first 2 seasons and get the other ones later on. This is a great show and I'm bummed I never watched it when it first came on the air.