MOONLIGHT

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Charity, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Charity

Charity Police Officer

I like to try to keep a variety in my television watching, as it is my 1 guilty pleasure. This show has definitely given my viewing habits a well-roundedness. I think it goes well with Ghost Whisperer which I also like. I watch Numb3rs too, which gives me 3 straight hours of tv. That's way too much, but hey it's Friday :)

2. Charity

Charity Police Officer

Sorry to post behind myself, but it's been too long to edit my last.
    I finally got to watch last night's episode, and I really enjoyed it. There some more backstory in this one which I think gives it more texture. Their whole concept of the staking is certainly different, but I'm not adverse to it. And rogue vampires? That kind of seems like an oxymoron. The Women's murder club beat it in the ratings this week, but I honestly think that is because of James Patterson's name being attached to it. Did anyone see that? I wonder if it was any good. I won't stop watching Moonlight for it, but I am curious.

3. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Wow I finally got to watch last nights ep myself. LOL I loved it & Beth going to giver herself to him next week so he won't die. WOW!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see that ep.

4. Charity

Charity Police Officer

I am pretty excited about next week too. It's a scene that has been done already in another show(BTVS), but truthfully everything has already been done somewhere else by now. And there are plenty of ways to do a certain scenario. I do know one thing I have not been this excited about a new show since LV started. Alex is hot, Jason is hot, there's action, there's emotion. Who could ask for more?

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree, I really like this show and he is very sexy!

6. Laci Caine

Laci Caine Prime Suspect

Wow... glad to see that I'm not the only one watching and enjoying this show. While I have to think that its a copy of Forever Knight, I still love it. :) Its different from the CSI shows, and tonights episode was alot better then last weeks. XD

7. Dizzney

Yeah it is a copy of Forever Knight pretty much, but that show has been over along enough now that a new show can come in and sort of copy it. Besides overall I love a good Vampire drama. :lol: Helps when the Vamp is good looking too.

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Now that Geraint Wyn Davies has finished his work on 24, maybe he is available for a guest appearance.

9. Charity

Charity Police Officer

I just finished this epi, and whoo what an episode it was. The only thing that could have made it better would have Mick w/o a shirt for the entire episode instead of just that tease at the beginning. The episode overall was very engaging. I'm liking the way they are trying to put a different spin on an old story. I wanted him to open the door at the end though. Poor Mick.

I guess it goes without saying that I'd like to see James Marsters put in an appearance. He hasn't been a vampire in a few years.

10. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I havent seen the 4th episode yet but I like the show. I think its getting better and better and I like the personal touch.

Im in for it mostly b/c Jason but Alex is cute too

the funny thing is that the fights are usually the parts that bore me most. but I love the character interaction. Beth/Josef scene could be a real fun - if it didnt already happen

and having JM and JD in a scene would be like Christmas :)

11. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I'm not very educated about vampires, but is it a common belief that a vampire can bite you without either turning you or killing you?

12. Charity

Charity Police Officer

Yes as far as I know that is common belief. Generally to be turned, at least in modern takes, the victim must drink some of the vampire's blood when they have been drained to near death in order to turn. And of course to die you have to have no blood left, so there's an in between it's just that vampire's generally don't intentionally do it. Also in BTVS it was established that one could drink the vampire's blood and still not turn provided they were not nearly dead.

13. Dizzney

I have noticed most stories about vampires will but their own spin on the folklore, but overall most go the route of you can be bitten and not be turned.

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I was wondering if someone had started a thread. I hear people comparing it to Angel a lot but find it more Forever Knight like myself. I had to check it out since I loved both shows lol. I think it's doing okay so far, I know it got four more scripts ordered.

I'm wondering how long it'll take for crossover fic ideas to start coming to mind lol...I'd love a Mac vampire or a Nick one maybe. *drool* LOL and I found myself thinking "Horatio would hate it because then he he'd have a harder time doing that 'take off the shades and stare off into the sunlit sky' thing he does. He could do it but not as much since too much sun isn't good for vamps.

15. Charity

Charity Police Officer

Yeah it would be like take off the shades, then run inside. Couldn't you just see him peeking around the corner of the entrance just to take off his shades and look up at the sky?

I wouldn't mind Warrick as a vampire, he could bite me that's for sure ;)