Why Aren't You Posting?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

This is my...third or fourth post I think. I just joined earlier this week, and before that I had never been on the forums before.

I will state flat out that Lindsey is far from my favorite character...and I don't even really like Danny, quite honestly. I have to say though, I have seen an enormous amount of Lindsey hate that seems wholly out of place with the blandness of her character.

Whoever happened to mention that Lindsey, and especially, Lindsey/Danny haters also happen to be Flack/Danny supporters really hit the nail on the head. It's true. It's an ugly truth, and I've already seen posters protest this, but I've seen it.

Almost every "hate Lindsey/Danny" comment is followed or proceeded with something about Danny/Flack, and while I appreciate slash as much as the next person, the aggressive insistence that only D/F!Love is the "right" love is really, really annoying, and it's not really discussion. It's just adding to the shipping wars by claiming that one ship is stupid or useless than another.

The problem here, and I've seen it in every fandom I've been involved in (and you haven't seen wank unless you've been in HP or PotC fandoms), is that by insulting another ship, in a roundabout way the people in that ship feel attacked. Reasonable? Probably not, but that doesn't matter. It's the psychology of the issue.

There isn't a real way to solve the issue without handicapping a person's right to their opinions -- I certainly am bull-headed and stubborn and when I make up my mind about something, I'm vocal about it. My second (or third, I forget) post is a prime example of that. ;)

Shipping is always a sensitive issue, and the only thing that can be done about it is for people to just relax and enjoy the show and characters for what they are. :)

2. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Hey! Thanx for the welcome, guys! I think I'm going to have some fun here.

*Takes cookies from Fay* Thanx, Fay!

Also Thanx to Carrieattheprom for her welcome in the "Why lindsay must go " thread.

:)

3. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Silencer, I hope you weren't offended by me, because I never posted that every fan was about the shipping. I posted about
    There's a big difference between those two words, numerically and semantically.

I personally think romance should take a backseat to the crime scenes, forensics, investigations and analyses. It's CSI:NY, not Romance:NY. As I stated many times before, if I wanted mushy-gushy I'd watch Lifetime. However, the personal aspects of all characters' lives break up the grittier, heavier NY storylines, IMO.

Top and MrsG, I'd like to extend a big "Thank You" for this thread. You've both done a wonderful job in listening to all points of view, and I will do my best to respect those points of view as a fellow member and poster. :)

ETA: A great big Talk welcome to Rad, Bella and Surreal! :D

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

You really can't say "the majority" either, unless you have statistical evidence to back it up.

5. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

You're welcome Rad!
    Surreal_44, Please read the why lindsay must go thread. Speaking for myself, I am not a D/F slasher, and I feel you are making generalizations about the anti-Lindsay crowd.

6. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I would be happy to make it a research project and provide statistical data for you. However, undertaking such a project would not be in the spirit of bridge-building, IMO. I was merely pointing out that I was misquoted.

7. luvcsiny

luvcsiny Civilian

I love to post but my English ability isn't good enough to explain how I feel about..I even sometimes don't understand what you guys are saying..

But I love this show(specially Danny is my man!!) and this forum. :)

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

And I'm just pointing out that saying "the majority" is inaccurate unless you have data to back it up.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Well, join in wherever you feel comfortable. ;)

10. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I second that! We're glad you're here. Don't hesitate to jump on in and post. :D

11. kiwifan

kiwifan Witness

Well, what an interesting topic this is turning out to be...
    I chose other, and most of my reasons have already been covered, so I'll just whip through them really quick.
    I do still visit this site every day (more or less!), and love reading everyone's comments. I still love CSI:NY, and am suffering at the moment since it's not showing in NZ right now. But I guess I mostly don't post OFTEN (I do post every now and then) because everyone's already said what I'm thinking, and generally done it better than me. I play the games, visit the Mac and Gary threads, agree with all the raves, drool over the pictures, and giggle at some of the more unusual threads/discussions. I would be lost without my daily dose of Talk CSI, but I enjoy just lurking and soaking up the atmosphere, until something comes up that I feel just HAS to have my opinion added.
    Sound fair enough??

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yep, sounds fair--except that you should find more reasons to post. ;)

13. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

So the fact that I'm here for the first time today and it's nearly 11 at night just proves that my decrease in posts is directly related to the fact that I have WAY too much stuff to do.
    Elsie, I find it amusing that you call the moderators Biatches when you are one; a mod I mean :D.
    I've met most the mods for this forum in LA this summer and I can safely say they are actually truly wonderful people who I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with. So that is definitly not my reason.
    And I personally try to stay out of the D/L vs D/F arguement. I will gladly declare myself a Danny/Flack slasher and happily admit to being a slashy fan girl, but when arguement arises I try and wait it out instead of pushing buttons and exchanging barbs with the D/Ls. If I like slash and you don't, that's not my problem. Everyone is entitled to their pairings. Just know when you waltz into certian threads that you may come across people who don't share your shippery views and try not to step on toes if possible. Like I can honestly say that it seems like those in the Flack threads lean a bit more towards the D/F side of the "Who should Danny be with" scale. Not everyone, but quite a few.
    MrsG I think you've given us all a new excuse to post, so maybe this thread is the first step to fixing the decrease in posting.

14. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

And I was merely pointing out that there are fans (or former fans, in my case) who don't fit into the convenient argument that all Lindsay-haters want to see D/F. We have a voice too. Twisting things numerically or semantically doesn't change the implication that disliking D/L automatically equates with liking D/F.

(I also don't believe that character development should rest on who they're sleeping with, which is a road TPTB seem to like travelling these days.)

I mainly post in the Lindsay Must Go thread, since I don't really have any reason to post anywhere else and it's mainly to keep in touch with certain people on the board. Since it's quite clear where my feelings lie, I don't really take it to other threads. I know it happens, but from now on, I'll keep it in the Lindsay/Go thread, ok?

15. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Very interesting thread...

Personally, I don't have much time to check the board right now. I leave the house at 7am and don't come back until 9pm. No internet at work and no time to surf during class. It sucks but it's a pretty good excuse, isn't it? ;)

The few times that I do check the board I tend to get annoyed by the constant bantering between fangirls. I love constructive criticism and interesting discussions about the characters and the actors but I am not interested in reading about D/L and everything that has to do with Lindsay which seems to be the main topic around here lately.

Plus, I live in Europe so when I finally get to watch a new episode there's already three pages of reviews/comments about it and I don't feel the need to add more thoughts...

Fear not though, I love some of the people around here too much to disappear. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.