Dr. Peyton Driscoll/Claire Forlani Thread #1

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ker, Oct 1, 2006.

1. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

The way they did it seems so wrong. Maybe it's one of those things that reads well in a script but doesn't translate to film. I really hope there's a tie-in later on in the season and this is just set up for more Action!Mac. The 333 thingy did start in England after all.

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I'm sad, a wee bit bummed, and more than a little perplexed and disappointed with how it was handled, in the sense that it was soley a voice over. I am at least heartened that there was no overt melodrama with infidelity or things of that nature. In the ep I was actually very surprised to hear Mac talk about Peyton so directly with Stella, and I think that perhaps gave me a glimmer of hope, at that point, that Peyton might still make a return sometime this season; and I think that's partly why I was left shaking my head at the Royal Dear John at the end.

After a summer of speculating, having her simply stay in London after such a finale in Snow Day seems a disappointing bit of writing.

I'm not gonna torture myself in wondering too much about what-if scenarios that might see her return at some point, I'll only say I'd not mind in the least if she did.

I quite like what Peyton brought out in Mac, and how he evolved, and I like what Claire brought to the show. I'll have a soft spot for some season 3 eps because of them. Here's hoping the door's open to her return, yet I wish Claire the best of luck as she moves on with other gigs.

[​IMG]

3. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok i'm just going to say that im going to miss Peyton and what she did for Macs character!

But I liked the way that they ended peyton time on csi ny- Dont think I wanted her to go I didnt! The voice and letter was well done. You could hear the emotion in claire's voice and Gary played the scene well. Like the letter said - much better than a phone call.

I ma also glad that they showed Stella finding the letter and then going to see her best friend :)

4. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

I'm slightly dissapointed by how they handled this one to be honest

after 'Silent Night' when Mac told Peyton to "trust in me" and he wanted to make the relationship work

they were together over a year and a letter just seems so...unjust.

i loved Mac and Peyton, i loved Claire...i think she did a wonderful just living upto the presence of Gary as an actress.

She has acted with the most amazing actors too, Gary Sinise, Brad Pitt, Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage, Antony Hopkins...and many more.

To act with thoe kinda guys you need a slight bit of talent no?

i wonder who's choice it was for her to leave, i wonder if it was her choice...and if so why? the fans clearly love her, maybe not as much as the other reccuring characters but in time.

well, there...i've voiced my opinion.

5. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Yep, color me disappointed as well.

I was really hoping they wouldn't break up and I especially hated that she left him through a letter. It's a real shame, Peyton was a cool character and I loved her and Mac together.

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

bumble_bee89 I think it was her choice to leave- it wasnt that she hated csi! BUt i think she had filming commitments for a film! :)

7. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

ohhhhh, Film commitments!

i wonder what film it is...i wonder if it'll be a big film, cant wait for that one XD

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

think that the scene following the letter when Will Dailey is playing Rise is very well played! And it suits the whole situation and im glad that the writers decided to do the whole scene! What do you think?

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Wow! there hasnt been discussion in here for a while. :eek: :eek:

I'm proud to announce that the project that beautdisastr and I have been working on since July has been finished -- finally! :lol:

We all know there are tons of Claire fans (me included). And for those of you with Livejournal accounts, there is now a Claire Forlani community on LJ!

If you're interested in all the latest Forlani news, photos, and more, join forlani_lj. Meet other fans just like you who have an appeal to Claire. :D

10. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

Wow, *hops onto LJ* I'm so joining that!

11. CSI_Willows

CSI_Willows CSI Level Two

I just became a Claire Forlani fan. I watch CSI:NY every week and I must admit first I hated her :lol: After seeing more episodes I started to love her and last week I saw the movie 'Carolina Moon' based on a novel from Nora Roberts where Claire played the role of Tory :D She played really well and it was a great movie because of Claire :)

And Shane, I joined the community! Great to see a Claire Forlani community on LJ :D

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I found this on Claire's IMDB page -
    I can't believe she thinks she isn't beautiful! I like that she's not all into herself like other Hollywood types, though.

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Just saw Hallam Foe. Claire is fantastic in it.

14. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

I MISS PEYTON :(:(:(

There, see what your doing to me in here!
    i'm going to have a breakdown lol.

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I think it is a CSI NY forum and not a Claire Forlani forum!