Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

It bugs me to when people start bashing her, and i dont think i'll ever understand why they do.

I think Natalia is such a great character and it just bugs me when she's just passing by like in monday's episode. She is a great csi but it always looks like she's the lst one to be caled on a crime scene to do something else than collect dna. its just sad to start a new season when your favorite character is almost never there.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Im not sure if I totally understand why she is unliked but I think I know what got to people. Calleigh is a loved character, & don't get me wrong I do like her, but from things Ive read before, there are alot of folks here who were not ready for her to come in & not only start dating Eric but then become involved in a triangle w/ Ryan. I think the diehard shippers have not learned to let it go, like they think shes competition. I think the writers have made it clear that shes a character who made a mistake... forgive & move on, much like the other characters have. But its the viewers (at least the ones here) who cant hold a real arguement about her so they pick on her by making stupid comments about her clothes, boobs, stupidity, whatever. Its so annoying. Im so glad we have a thread here for her for us to rave about her on 'cus anywhere else in this forum makes ya feel like your going to get shot at if you try & make a good note about her. It is good to know that folks noticed her acting skills in "internal affairs", though. That deserved so much credit!! Maybe TPTB will give her some "brownie points" this year & she'll gain some more love here! :)

3. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

I,ve seen much of the same, here and on other boards. Try to defend Natalia and you get knee-jerk reactions and venom in return. Then they will go off on Eva herself, sometimes citing now-retracted rumors on a few 3rd and 4th rate gossip websites.
    Things get even more heated when you bring up Nat's past ( and possibly future) relationship with Eric. Make a post as to why EDeN is more likely that E/C and you are accused of
    committing something like heresy/blasphemy multiplied by 100. Go figure?!
    I've tried to find out when Eva'a documentary film on Uganda is going to be released. As I understand it, it is something destined to be released on PBS. Then there is the film she was cast in "Lakeview Terrace", there is not much info other than the film is in post-production phase and due out in early 2008. :mad: :confused: :cool:

4. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Okay guys, we need to cut out the remarks in here that are aimed at other posters who don't see things the way you do. It's okay to disagree with opinions in the thread in which they are stated (ie. in this case, not in this thread), but it's not okay to attack other posters for holding those opinions.

Just because we are fans of CSI Miami doesn't mean that we can't dislike certain aspects of the show. Sometimes, one of the aspects we dislike might happen to be a character. If someone posts something that you don't agree with, feel free to say so in response. Afterall, this is a discussion board.

Saying that other posters' comments are 'stupid' and 'annoying' crosses the line and you are attacking the poster, not their opinion.

Also, issues from other boards should not be brought up here.

Please bear all of the above in mind. Thank you. :)

5. doublehelix

So noted and point taken!
    Cheers!

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I understand LUCY, but the last time I tried to respond about people making negative remarks about her breasts (which Im sorry but its rude) its offensive towards Eva herself & when I did make a post very nicely about it...no one backed me up, so Im sorry for starting something off topic here but in my opinion, these negative remarks towards Natalia actually come across as being negative to teh actress, considering she isn't being portrayed by the writers as being stupid or flaunting her nipples, & so on. If I was Eva & knew those things were being said, I would be slightly hurt by it. I just feel sorry for her as an actress & I TOTALLY agree that its great to sometimes disagree but I think somewhere they should draw the line. I was under the assumption that its against board rules to make negative remarks about the actors themselves & as I said before they are Eva's breasts. ;)

7. bethybug

bethybug Hit and Run

Very true, MJSZUD. They should draw the line when speaking about the actress but no use getting upset about it. It won't bother them. Just try to have fun. In this thread, you're among people who love Eva.

Anyhoo, Not sure if you all have seen these yet, but I feel they need to be posted. She is absolutely gorgeous.

Let them say what they will, I think this woman is stunning.

8. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Cute pictures! She has such a sweet smile and seems to have a sweet personality to go with it.

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

That is something that is in the hands of other posters. It doesn't justify posting negative comments about other posters' opinions in other threads.

I do appreciate that some people may be offended by certain comments. From the other perspective though, many posters found the comments amusing and took them in the context of which they were said ie. a humourous review. I would imagine most actors see the funny side as it's all part of being in this business.

If you wish to continue this discussion further, please send me a PM. Thanks. :)

10. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

i agree with you Mj!!!! and i wasn't on at the time you made the comment other wise i would have backed you up whole heartedly...as you know i would :D

and nice pics Bethybug...i agree she is very pretty :d and has a very nice smile :D

11. doublehelix

Was everyone encouraged or discouraged by what we saw Eva/Natalia in the "Deep Freeze" epi? I thought she had some better screen time and dialog. I also thought she was dressed better.
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

12. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

well i think she gets more screen time every week. Also she seems to be able to shoot now so maybe soon she wont need that stupid teacher who creeps me out. Also the shoulder moment was great it look so painful.

13. doublehelix

Well, you'll have to deal with "Rich the shooting instructor" to at least epi #10 of the season. The scene at the range was like, less than a minute. Didn't see any chemistry.
    The embrace/shoulder scene was not what I expected but I liked it none the less. :) :)

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Poor Nat!! I think so too, that she is getting more screen time every week. The whole thing about her not being a good shooter & then her screw up feom a couple weeks ago, on top of Stetler being the "butt" that he is has me worried that her job will be on the line sometime later in the season...dont really know but for me personally the whole "gun range/Rich thing" is dragging. She seems uninterested in him, maybe this will be more of a one-sided thing.

Why the hell wasn't he helping her w/ that big ol' gun, my god, he is supposed to be instructing her not bugging her to go out w/ him!!! The guy is just no good, I hope they don't wait until the very end of the season for this "plot twist" w/ her to unfold, I can wait til mid-season but I won't be able to stand it if they drag it out any longer than that.

15. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I love Natalia's character she is a terrific addition to the show. I hope that Calleigh and Natalia work together more because I think they have a great chemistry. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.