"The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2007.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Re: "The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILE

the show is already messed up, they can't get any worse

Catherine story lines don't appear every single episode...

It's different to have a personal storyline pop up 4 or 5 episodes a season, but its been constant for 4 episodes in a row already, and season 7 was insane. It just drags on and on and on AND on...i just can't wait until jorja leaves, even though i used to like her character, just to get rid it.

And I don't know how many times i have to say this, but it isn't the amount the story lines are shown, its the effect it has on the show. I have already lost all respect for Grissom, and its bad enough watching him play house with his cheesy happy ending.

2. texastimothy

texastimothy Hit and Run

This is the 8th season and all the regulars are still there. That's amazing in itself. For those who don't like GSR, you can chill because you know Jorga is leaving. So stop your complaining. it's not like they're doing "a very special CSI...the wedding" or anything. They treat them all as real people. They have jobs and occasionally their personal life creeps in. I think it's the most tastefully done relationship on television. If this was any other show, Nick woulda hooked up with Catherine in season 2. She'd then leave him for Warrick, get pregnant and we'd wait over the summer to see who's baby it was, etc. Be glad this show is still so strong 8 years in.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I could be wrong here (I'm going by your banner ^^^) but it's specifically this relationship, and not just the fact that any sort of relationship is being shown at all that bothers you? I'm just trying to clarify here- sorry if I'm being a nuisance. :lol:

Because as a non-shipper, I wouldn't be happy watching Grissom and Catherine together either. I don't feel that they have any more chemistry than Sara and Grissom. I'm not interested in any ships, period. I guess I'm just lucky that a few minutes per episode don't ruin what usually turns out to be a fairly interesting forensics crime drama. ;)

Although that didn't happen this episode sadly! :lol: I was bored. I know it's not realistic to have episodes that "pop" every time, but who wants reality in TV anyway? :lol:

4. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

would gsr fans stop complaining about non-gsr fans complaining?? I can post what I want, and no one seems to understand that I hate how the characters have changed, so it is NOT just about 5 freaking seconds shown in the episode.

And I think its the worst, creepiest, most forced and chiche relationship i have ever seen...yikes

no offense taken, although i think they have great sexual chemistry, I wouldn't want them to get together in the show, because i don't want it to affect the show. Its just a huge mistake in a show like CSI, and especially with so many large shipper fan bases. Also I like Grissom as the socially incompetent loner, I don't like his character anymore, he really sucks now.

5. texastimothy

texastimothy Hit and Run

So you won't mind when Grissom and Sara are both off the show? What will bug you about CSI then?

6. MrsSarge

MrsSarge Civilian

I think I'd better throw myself in the whole "shipper-neutral" train here, sometimes it gets a bit cheesy but, in the grand scheme of things I guess I could take it or leave it. As far as the epi. it was alright, but it could have been far better.

7. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I'm wondering if I missed something last night.
    My mother had breast cancer a few years ago (successfully treated), but they told her at the time that it was hormone-induced. She had been taking postmenopausal hormone replacement. My doctor told me I should never take hormone replacement because of this risk factor.
    So was it said last night that the mother's breast cancer was a result of the contaminated water? I kept waiting, but I never heard that.

Someone mentioned above that they thought the son might be growing tissue to somehow help with his mother's breast cancer. I thought that, too, especially since he ultimately slashed them — angry that breasts were the reason for his mom's impending death.

8. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

anybody else coherent enough yet to catch the last split second of "the scene" (giggle) I think Sara's goin for her glove...they should have kept rolling, IMO...maybe I'm just overanalyzing...

9. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

So you'd prefer to watch Grissom stumble through life alone as a grupy misanthrope?

10. Yeti

Yeti Witness

Seattlegsr fan - this is not the board for this discussion.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

INDEED..HALLELUJAH fantastic, and the thing about this is, on fans talking about the way "it used to be" he was with her then too, he said "9 years" just kept it a secret, and maybe that was why he always so cautious, and a bit tense.. the reason this is so cool, it's the only ship on the Vegas CSI, and whether fans like it, or don't it's a done deal..it's what the CSI writers have presented us with and they are together , and a couple and in love and moving to the next level, and being neutral like Baba stated is great, at least no offensive comments ;).. and it's also not what you, or I, or anybody else wants, it's what they want!!! and, I was wondering when Cath and her mom were watching that construction site. where this was? and the reservoir too! and the old Vegas, and Greg once again, so sweet and thoughtful.. I wish Brass had of had more screen time, I barely remember anything he said this week! I loved this episode, very exciting and riveting well done!

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

yes, at least he was interesting then...now he is just normal, boring. Not to mention a huge hypocrite!

ooooohhh the gsr fans are getting feisty, i am shaking in my boots. If you want a war, i will give you one. I would prefer though to just share my opinions without being attacked by the defenders of all things GSR.

13. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

You guys, you guys, you guys. Deep breaths. It's gonna be okay.

I agree with a lot of people when they gave the ep a 9/10 with GSR the only thing holding it back from being a 10. Again, it's not because I ship something differently or dislike the ship. It's just that the way they even handled the whole proposal thing seemed awkward.

It's really bugging me, because I really just want to jump into Catherine's head right now to see what she's thinking, and what she might do after the last scene. Gahhhhh... Two weeks, two weeks...

14. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I think that Sara thought that Hodges suspected something. She had a funny look.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking thread feel free to continue the DISCUSSION minus shouting, wars, and remember peace is always a good thing to have and keep! ;)