"The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2007.

1. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

Re: "The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILE

The proposal wasn't perfect- it was Grissom.

2. darksheep

darksheep Dead on Arrival

To the poster in Memphis area:

If nothing else, the episode will probably be on Innertube (go to cbs.com and go from there) tomorrow. I'm in the same area as you, and that s*** was annoying! I wanted to scream. They should at least re-air eps later on in the evening when this happens. They used to do this once upon a time. Why I hate network TV.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

My damn TIVO cut out after Cath started talking about making Brian's case public in Grissom's office--did anything significant happen after that point??? If anyone can answer--and provide details if there were any--it would be much appreciated! Thank you! :)

4. jtbwriter2006

jtbwriter2006 Victim

Spoiler-Spoiler-Spoiler-Spoiler-Spoiler-Spoiler-Spoiler!
    Now that that is out of the way;
    To top 41 and Memphis....After the DA rep laid out the odds that the comglomerate who owns the water treatment place would stall for years any lawsuits, (Erika Alexander-who was Cousin Pam on Cosby), Catherine still wanted the water treatment plant to pay and told Grissom they should go to the press. Grissom warned her that she’d be fired for leaking info to the media. “As a mother, maybe I don’t care,” said Catherine. Fade to black.
    Someone else is getting burnt out.....
    A great all-around epi....and the proposal..sigh....:)

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

FANTASTIC this is the CSI I love, by far the best yet, of the season, although I loved "DEAD DOLL" from the beginning to the end, riveting the stories, the writers the direction the whole ep. The poor guy dying from being near comtaminated water, & who did hang him from the tree, that to me was never explained! and his mom, so distraught, and Gail O'Grady, look beautiful as always, Nick and Warrick always wonderful. The Piute indian burial ground, which they named Las Vegas, which means The Meadows they were here before the Mormons settled the valley, interesting, and Doc saying how he used to drive out to that housing area before the 215, I smiled, drive it every day. and Nick and Wendy, cute encounter. Hodges, still kissing up to Grissom, on the MCSK saying how they worked together and Grissom goes "That was fun wasn't it :lol: and OMG the bee scene..and the marriage proposal :D finally, and of course she said YES, she's been wating for this for 9 years, true love at it's peak.. it was so sweet and the almost KISS, which I'm sure they do in private, but having the writers bring it to the viewers, THANK'S guys, very much appreciated ;). they were so giddy & it lasted all of 25 seconds, hardly a ball breaker in taking up to much time with GSR :p and Greg with Lily he's so respectful of older ladies.. and how he's writing a book about old Vegas.. go Greg, the new girl Ronnie, seems to be a misfit as a CSI, but will wait on her.. this is only the 2nd time I've seen her. and Cath and her mom with the Rampart [bogus name] interesting..and how upset Cath was at the end.. wow, all in all a excellent epsiode I give it a thumbs up and a A+

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Hey, Desertwind. That was Wendy, not Mandy. That was good and funny. It only a few second of GSR. Sara, Greg and Ronnie work together. I'm sure Sara work with Greg, Nick, Warrick and Catherine before she leave on the 8th episode after Hello and Goodbye.

7. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

Did I get that right? Sara got stung by a bee when Grissom wanted to kiss her? (Haven't seen the ep yet). But if that is what happens, they completely stole that scene from The X Files movie. Pretty lame in my opinion.

8. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Actually, what happened was:

Gil proposed. Sara got excited, blood pressure elevated as did heart rate, and the bee got excited and stung her. Gil tells her not to pull out the stinger, and gets something to scrape it out with so the venom won't release into her blood stream. He then asks what she thinks about... and before he can get it out, she answers, "Yes, let's do it."

Then, they get so wrapped up in the moment, they go in for a kiss, temporarily forgetting their head gear.

And, I'll comment on the whole ep tmra, which I thought was marvelous, but I'm too tired to create coherant thought.

9. mslakerz43

mslakerz43 Dead on Arrival

I thought the episode was good. I really enjoyed the B case and Greg being a Vegas nerd was fitting for his character. The proposal was so not perfect which is what made it perfect. Grissom isn't the type to do a roof top proposal he proposed around bugs thats him. And what a great way to do an almost kiss, I loved it. I'm glad the writers did not have someone walk in or some corny thing like that and interrupt them. Kudos to Rambo I know he wrote the scene and he did a great job!

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thank you so much, jtbwriter2006. :) A good ending, and a good response from Catherine. I wonder if that foreshadows anything!

I really liked this episode. I thought the boy was participating in some sort of science research experiment to grow breasts to give the tissue to his mother or something. Poor kid! Either way, great case. And the B-case with its nod to old Vegas was fun, too. I love it when Greg geeks out about the mob.

And I really loved the proposal--and that Sara said yes! Such a cute scene. :D

11. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

Thanks for letting me know :). Still seems a little too x filish for me, but whatever :p.

12. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I immidiatly get an Xfiles vibe from that too! Its like Mulder & Scully and the bee all over again.

From what I read it sounds like a good episode though I have never been a great fan of Grissom and Sara getting married. I haven't forgotten Sara's rage against weddings in "Rashomama" in season 6... :cool:

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I actually liked this episode, (with one exception -GSR) although the kissing behind the mask scene really did make me laugh because it was just so ridiculous.

The GSR stuff has ruined CSI for me But I watched to see Greg and I was not disappointed.

I absolutely loved Greg in this, it was so great to see him back to his old happy, funny self. Last season he was just so gloomy and depressing, this was a refreshing change. I loved his enthusiasm for the case and old Vegas, his interaction with Lilly was just so funny and that crazy hat!! Greg made this ep for me, although it still would have been good, I enjoyed it a whole lot more.

14. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

It occurred to me what's amiss in this new and improved CSI - the dumbing down in total! The cases seem old and predictable. And with all that evidence of water - how come nobody connected before the end? Cath's question of why the hydrologist would inject carps with hormones had me rolling my eyes. Surely the lab must have figured those vials contained water by then? It's a commonnly known fact that PBC turns into hormone -like substanses in water an is feminizing a lot of species. And that out current life-style is polluting our ambient, nothing new at all and surely well-schooled CSIs would know this?

Same for the highly intelligent characters of Sara and Gil - that was a first graders mock-proposal and nobody, nobody can tell me that a normally functioning individual would act like that. That was a parody on intelligent people. It's painful to watch and the further they drive this relationship, the stiffer it seems. yeah, ay sane people would would try and kiss trhough bee-hats because they forgot they had them on? Just ridiulous and if it was meant to underline their geekiness I'm sure many a geek out there is throwing tomoatoes on how they are portrayed. Fact is that the two of the can't seem to stomach being close in a romati sense. The horse is dead PTB - stop beating it.

Good thing were the Warric/Nick and Nick/Wendy scenes - they seem natural and non-forced. I wish they'd get Greg to interact with them instead of Sara. They are still stuck in the S7 pairings and doesn'ät seem to want to venture out of that zone.

Loved Cath and Mom and Greggo taking Lily out. This is the Greg I used to love!

But the dumbing down of the show is really disturbing over all.

15. marg_fan

marg_fan Dead on Arrival

I missed part of the show due to severe weather warnings in the area. No worries, things are good here.

Two things. I was also shocked about Catherine handing the case off last night. I turned to my wife and said "WHAT? She normally makes it a point to work on cases that she has conflicts of interests. She has NEVER done that before." Refreshing change.

Secondly, did they ever explain how the teenager ended up cut up and hanging from the tree? What I saw was they went directly to the pollution angle and glossed over his actual death.

Over all, a good episode. Wish I had seen the whole episode.