"The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2007.

1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Re: "The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILE

I liked it. I really really did. I give it close to a 9. There was enough good stuff to make up for the what was it, 2 minutes, of stuff I don't like (but it made me laugh anyway). There was science, all the characters, humor, good cases, filmnoirGreg, old Vegas...man this was a good one!

2. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

I.Can't.Breath.
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    I have been out of my mind (more than usual!) since LONG before 9, with occasional bouts of hyperventilation. Truly, the greatest moment in tv history since the JAG finale! Still didn't find out about the cocoon- but I bet my 4-disc special edition of Gone with the Wind that the ring's in it...

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yeah. That was me calling. ;)

Exactly! I love characters, be it in movies, TV, or books. I guess they have to change just like people do in real life, but I wish they wouldn't. I love both characters very much on their own. But not together.

I think I could take it better if they had shown them getting together. We never got to see the romance finally develop. It feels like they left us out of it just like they left their co-workers out of it. Which brings me to...

And what about all this "trauma" and "recovery" that everyone thought Sara would be going through?

Anyway, I liked the episode. Felt very much like old school CSI. :)

4. Nish

Nish Hit and Run

Well, since you asked...

This is how I see it going down.

At the beginning of Jorja's last episode, she is having a follow up with her doctors who tell her that she's developed a rare bone infection in her arm and they'll have to amputate. Then, during the surgery they discover that she also has a rare blood disorder that will kill her in approximately thrity seven minutes. Grissom arranges a deathbed wedding for his beloved and they live happily ever after until the last commercial break. Coming back from commercial Sara's been creamated and Grissom pouring his heart out to the hive.

What?

Oh, this isn't CSI Miami, my bad. :devil:

I guess I have no idea then. ;)

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well, I must say, pleasantly surprised with the overall episode. The GSR scene, was surprisingly short, which personally, was fine by me, but the promo last week after last weeks episode was misleading...The attempted kiss was amusing. I just shook my head and muttered something like "geeks" or something.

Super glad to see Hodges back after his absence from last week...and being his usual self. Some of his comments were funny and/or cheesy..., all I could do was laugh at him. Loved the expression on his face when Gris slapped the fish in his hands. Pleased he got the screen time he got.

Lots of Nick and Warrick which is always good. No complaints on this end.

Greg was funny too...getting all excited over the case he wasn't even working on...lol! Oh and I can't complain about Brass....he just makes me laugh all the time with his wit.

But I wonder what Catherine plans on doing in the end....

__

I BET Sara is gonna have an allergic reaction to the bee sting..............................fill in the blanks

6. hellogilbert

7. Arilu

Arilu Civilian

There's no way they'll actually get married, is there? I'm a big GSR fan, but if next week is Sara's last episode, I don't see the wedding going through. Unless Sara is actually moving to the swing shift so that we never see her. Also, one of the spoilers said that they were considering a possible love interest for Grissom (which I found offensive and rushed, but whatever), and I don't see Grissom as the adulterer type.

I'm frustrated...want to know what happened!

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I really like this episode. It had a good more serious case and then the more fun/light case with Greg/Sara/Ronnie. I thought it was funny how Greg sort of took over that case, almost. Glad to see him back to his normal, excited self. :lol: Then taking Lily out to dinner to get more info for his book...I wonder if they will carry that through at all in any future eps.

I heard Catherine say Supervisor too and wondered a bit about that. It was nice to see her and Lily and some of the old Vegas storyline. I find that stuff fascinating too.

The Carp case was interesting. I wondered how the Carp in the episode title was going to fit into this episode. Now I see how.

Nice to see Hodges on and being his usual self. The scene with him and Grissom was funny.

The GSR scene was not too bad after all. I could deal with it.

Everyone had a decent amount of screentime too, so that made it a great episode too.

I would give it a 9 out of 10 too.

9. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Yeah, DJ, I can't complain either, and I feel that if I'd complain about that tiny marriage proposal, it would just ruin all the good of that episode for me, so I am looking at the episode as a whole, and it was just...lovely.

10. GreggoLover

GreggoLover Pathologist

Okay. I need details! I'm in Memphis area (Central time zone) and we have the tornado going through some of the counties surrounding us. Well..so they news channel shuts CSI off at 5 minutes before it ends!! And they aren't re-doing the last few. What the heck! I need details please! For example, they aren't showing Viva Laughlin (the new premiere after CSI: tonight) until 2:07 this evening (well, early early morning if you wish). I'm missing out!!!!

:confused: :( :eek:

11. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I didn't see any previews for the next episode.

Greg is just too cute, especially in coveralls. I loved his excitement over working on the case with Sara. Boy, is he gonna miss her.

It really surprised me when Catherine handed off the case. Is it possible that she has actually learned from her mistakes?

I've never liked stinging insects, but I'm all for Grissom getting with the research. And there is something to be said about beekeeper outfits. The headgear thankfully prevents people from getting too close.

I'm still not caring for the new girl. She just doesn't fit in yet.

Catherine's mom is a hoot. I loved her scenes with Greg. Hope they show them together again sometime.

12. hellogilbert

Arilu- Sara doesn't leave (allegedly) until after ep. 8. This was only ep. 4.
    I wondered about the Cath supervisor thing too.
    Gosh, it still hasn't sunk in. 7 years of waiting and FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! they're actually ENGAGED! The word "married" actually came from Dr. Gilbert Grissom's lips. If I'm dreamin, don't wake me!

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Yeah...I was honestly expecting the worst.....but nope. The Episode was well rounded....with everything and everyone in it. Someone said something about the cases being a little rushed in the end.....but what a surprise, eh? Like they NEVER did that before :rolleyes: ...lol!

Yeah, I would give it a 9 out of 10.....the better eppy of the 4 so far, I think... *gives thumbs up*

14. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Just to clarify, I believe that Sara's last episode is episode 8 which is not the Crossover episode.

Now onto tonight's episode! I LOVED it! Both cases were quite interesting and I was happy to see some good old-fashioned scenes between Sara and Greg and Nick and Warrick.

Ronnie was better this week. I'm thinking there might be romance brewing between her and Greg.

The GSR scene was awesome! The attempted kiss was so cute and they looked genuinely happy. I also loved how they both acted awkwardly after. I bet Grissom was doing some wedding planning when Catherine came in. I wonder who their witnesses will be? :)

15. hellogilbert

Does anyone have a defibulator?

Ya know- kinda dimmed by everything else in "the scene" but Grissom says "love" again. I think this can be called "L-bomb #4"- (Way to Go, Ending Happy, Living Doll, and now!)