"The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2007.

1. CSI247

CSI247 Hit and Run

Re: "The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" Discussion *SPOILE

I think Sara and Catherine are investigating it. I also think I remember hearing something about Catherine getting taken off of it or something? I don't know, don't listen to me. There was a spoiler that said something about that case, I don't remember though.

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Well I know in the CTV promo, Grissom tells Catherine, "Releasing information to the media could get you fired.." and then it shows her with a pensive look on her face.

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

so we are not allowed to discuss stuff we don't like in the episode?? That is stupid, what is the point of a discussion if we can only talk about the stuff we like. I am not going to not discuss something just so GSR fans can enjoy your moment...

And please, a lot of GSR fans find anything that doesn't support the storyline insulting and rude. Just ignore it if you don't like it. This isn't a GSR message board.

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well....not to offend anyone, or be rude, cause I am not trying to be...but if there is ANYTHING about the show, that I would like to comment on after I view it, whether good or bad...GSR related or not.....I think I am entitled to...

5. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I'm in the US, and we probably won't get to watch CSI since all that's on right now is about this huge storm coming in. Could someone PLEASE PM me ASAP and let me know what Sara's response is????? I'm silently and slowly going INSANE.

Thank you.

And DJ, I agree with you. No matter what, someone's favorite part of an ep starts someone else's gag reflex. And since this is a board about this ep, as long as it pertains, I'd say you have the right, too.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

^^ I am watching it now...i will pm you with the answer, it hasn't happened yet

so the eppy title isnt' as crazy as it seems :lol:

7. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

I don't think desertwind meant for you NOT to post what you didn't like. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it's how one presents it that offends people. I believe she was intending for you (not just you xfcanadian - but all of us) to be courteous in your critiquing. Many tend to be "nasty" or unnecessarily "rude" in how they state things, or in their response to someone else's idea or opinion on a topic.

It can very simply be stated "hey, I really like this scene because...", or "I wasn't too fond of this episode because..." WITHOUT the "OMG, that was SO STUPID!" I enjoy reading everone's comments when they are pleasant, not when it's what I define (in my own terms) as "bashing".

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

That too me says 'don't post anything bad about GSR because we don't like to read it'

And Sara just answered grissom, it happens 39 mins into the eppy

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

THANK YOU, gsr_rulz some people just don't get it, and apparently you do, I NEVER insult any characters or the ep. I might say "I didn't care for that" or that turned me off" I just thought that might be a nice gesture in return... but some go way out on a limb & go on and on to be as rude as they can, that's what I don't get, and I guess probably never will :( manners and respect. are the keys, and if one has class, they don't need anything else, if they don't have it, nothing else they have matters

10. Tal_Celes

Tal_Celes Victim

I wish it didnt play early in Canada just so I could start talking about it! :)

11. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I can show class and manners, and still describe somethiing I don't like. Censorship is never a good thing.

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i call a spade a spade, why beat around the bush?? It is pointless to keep telling people what not to post, just because you don't agree with it. I consider that to be rude.

On to the episode...

The Good

-the 'A' case was really interesting. I knew he wasn't a cross dresser, and i was right. The ending was kind of depressing, since it is kind of true. Big business runs everything in our society and they never get punished by their actions. I can see Catherine's frustrations on this one. The legal system is designed to let rich people do what they want...

-good to see the episode title wasn't random, loved how the carp came into the story. It was funny with Hodges and Grissom :lol: Good to see the scientists actually doing science

-the case was compelling, and i did feel bad for the mother...

- i liked how Doc actually mentioned Klinefelter's, this is what i guessed what this guy had, but i was wrong...but it was good that it was mentioned as a possibility by Doc, not like in 'Dog Eat Dog'

-i liked having the old school nick and warrick scenes again

-when nick opened the phone and it said 'i need it tonight' i was looking away for a second, so i thought he was opening his own phone... :lol:

-the B case was interesting too...i liked how we had some vegas history, those cases always interested me

-I doubt if Greg would have been able to work with Sara, but it was nice to see them work together again. Greg shinned in this episode! I just wish grissom was working with him, those 2 are great together

-Catherine's mother was great, she is just like her daughter. Her and greg were great together, and it was funny how he asked her out, hehe

-Ronnie was better this week, i think because she wasn't trying too hard this week. I still am not that interested in her, but its just her second eppy. It was good to see her interact with Greg

-i laughed when Sara and Grissom didn't kiss...i never want to see that

The Bad

-Again the end of the cases felt rushed. The B case wasn't really solved, but i guess there wasn't much evidence to solve this one.

- I hate how they start Grissom off on a case, and then he disappears for awhile...

- I wish we could find out about how the bee experiment is going

- The proposal scene was about 2 mins, and why on earth did CBS make an entire promo for this?!

-The scene itself was blah. It took away from the cases, and again pointless. Didn't Sara say she hated bees before? I don't see any chemistry between the two, and it was the most forced proposal i have seen...why are they doing this if she is leaving the show?? it is so lame...not too mention Grissom being married, what a way to ruin a great character. I liked him being socially incompetent, and his loneliness, it made him so much more interesting. Same with Sara, her character isn't interesting anymore either. They made them normal...That and i still see them having a 'father daughter' dynamic (no not because of the age difference, but the way they interact)

- the end with Catherine and Grissom...its like their roles are completely reversed from the 'strip strangler'. Didn't Grissom not care about politics to warn the public?? Him talking about breaking the rules?? I am still waiting for Catherine to point out that he is a hypocrite...

-what happened to the team's reaction to GSR?? No one except Ecklie seemed to care...that was lame.

Overall great eppy...

13. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Only forty minutes into it, but haha, I laughed out loud about the "Do I turn you on or what" quote from Cath. And not just as a shipper. It was totally a season one CG friendship line. *sigh* Boy do I miss that.

Also, I really like the ending line. "Maybe as a mother, I don't care..." Ooh, very nice.

Ditto about wanting to know about the team's reaction to GSR. It's like, they have to have some opinion about it. And I need to know.

And also, since they drew out the whole GSR proposal, and it was like, a minute long. Grrr. I'll be back once the ep's totally over.

14. ashleycsi

ashleycsi Victim

Agreed with above topics, what does the team think of GSR!?

I'm also curious when they are going to announce it to the team [if they do] I assume they would because i couldn't see anyone else sitting in the front row of the pews [or being in the wedding!]

Anyhow- Congrats Grissom and Sara

btw- anyone curious as to how this is gonna work out as to the fact we're pretty sure jorja is leaving.... you think sara will change her mind and call the wedding off?

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I knew the reaction would be extremely mixed. I'm happy myself but not getting *too* excited because I know how we can get screwed before it's over.

I'm curious where Cath's storyline will lead.

Hodges was funny and so was Gris asking him to process the fish.

At least Cath handed the case off right away instead of what she's occasionally done before, being deadset on working it. BTW Did she call herself 'supervisor'? I've wondered about that since she doesn't head a shift anymore.

Did anyone see the promos for the crossover? Woot!

Why the repeat next week? Grrrr