Sara/Jorja Leaving..... *May contain Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSISidle, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Re: Sara *May contain spoilers*

The rest of the interview from EW.com is up. Read it here.

Obviously she is leaving, but it's quite interesting what she has to say about it, and personally I would feel quite hopeful that they won't be killing her off! Maybe she will be back in the future. :)

2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Just a question, who changes the thread name to "Jorga"? It's Jorja.

3. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

I did. My bad for the typo. My apologies. The mistake has been corrected.

Thank you.

4. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Shame Jorja is leaving. And its her call. Somwhow that eases a bit of the pain. Had it been CBS who fired her/ did not let her come back I would seriously have been more upset but since Jorja said in the article I read its her decision I find it easier to accept.

Its Jorja's choice. I accept and respect that.

5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

OK, I am seriously gutted. There is no other way to put it. I haven't been watching for long (I'm still only on season 2, but I still know what happens etc) but I'm just gutted! But I suppose if it was her decision it does make it better- slightly.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

If she knew she wasn't going to finish this season, why did she wait until 8 episodes in to leave?? I mean, after going though all that drama with the finale and the premiere, it is very anti-climatic for her to leave 8 episodes into the season. I am not saying sara had to be killed off, but maybe quit after the traumatic experience or something. I don't know it just seems very cruel to Sara fans to have her survive, then for her to leave right after...especially those who don't go online and have no idea this is going to happen. Plus, it just makes the storyline drag on and on and on...

7. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

^She had her reasons for doing it the way she did. And it's not Jorja's job to cater to Sara fans, it's her job to deliver a performance in front of the camera, but I believe her job ends once the cameras are gone. People apparently get way too attached to tv characters, which is fine, but some might need to remember that it's not Jorja's job to make them happy in any way, shape or form. She has her own life and should be able to do the things she wants for herself w/t people questioning her motives.

8. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

good for her if it's her own decision. But she may be saving face. All seems a bit odd to me, that if she wanted to leave, she'd do a few episodes of a new season. Anyway, good luck to her, she's an excellent actress and made Sara a wonderful character. And she'll be missed, it'll be strange for a while for sure without her on the show!

But hey - CSI will go on. Because it's about a whole lot more than Jorja Fox. And tbh, maybe this is a way to get it back to it's former strengths.

Regards the whole GSR thing, which I can take or leave. What I hope doesn't happen is that they now decide to go down some heart wrenching route and break Grissom's heart, that'd be hard to stomach in the sense that it'd do the show little good. What I find odd about the whole thing is that they took it to this level, surely they would have had an idea she was thinking of leaving, IF that is the case, so why take it this far just to bring it crashing down.

So hopefully they find a way of concluding it without too much trauma, and carry on with the great story lines that we've had so far this season.

9. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

They make it easy for me to quit watching . I loved season 7 but (except for Dead Doll ) I hated the episodes we got for season 8 . I followed Jorja from ER to CSI (never saw the West Wing) and I will leave CSI with her

10. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Sara was never a fav of mine but it'll be wierd not having her on CSI. It's a shame but let's give the lass some credit, she's been on the show for 8 years, that's a helluva long time so muchos respect. Good luck and all the best to Jorja Fox in the future.

11. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Re: Sara /Jorja Leaving....*May Contain Spoilers*

The way I see it, is without fans, there is no show. Also, she wouldn't get paid. I believe within reason, actors, especially tv actors have some kind of responsibility on how and when they leave the show. Obviously there are reasons when this couldn't happen.

Yeah, she can do whatever, and she probably does care about her fans, but to leave 8 episodes into the season after having her character almost die?? In some part its the writers and producers fault as well....it just doesn't seem very good for the show to do this. It seems anti-climatic...

*edited to reflect thread title change. Thank you*

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm sorry I love Jorja Fox and her character, but I would never leave a show like CSI. I'd stick it out to the end.

But then I'm not her.

13. Tini

Tini Lab Technician

14. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

that line at the end:

'including scoop on which CSI couple will fill the Sara/Grissom void' is gonna cause ructions :D

15. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

OMG, now I'm really glad it's only a few more eps... They should have killed her in the finale, instead of all this over-exaggerated drama...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.