Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mustang

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by chocolate_bunnys, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

Re: Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mus

they better be nice to her...that's all i have to say
    and nice to gsr
    she obviously stayed on for this number of eps to resolve her character and the relationship...so whatever they've got up their sleeves better be DAMNED good!!!

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Guys, please keep in mind that anything that is speculation or you've overheard about upcoming episodes must be in a spoiler box!!!

3. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

I broke down and watched the clip from the next episode. I needed some cheering up.
    Wow, that was odd. One minute their talking about bees, the next he says they should get married. I loved the beginning part though . "I love it when you dress up" "Anything to spend some time with you" Awesome! I'm not as excited as I was before this whole Jorja fiasco, but I still want thursday to get here real quick! I want to know what she says!

4. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Sorry, 1CSIMfan! I'm so used to posting in the spoiler lab that I forget about the rules in other threads. So sorry evevryone, and I promise it won't happen again!

5. onlyvegas

onlyvegas Victim

I've got to say the most disappointing thing to me all season was being so excited to come back to the boards after Dead Doll (having successfully avoided spoilers all summer) to then, within those first 24 hours, see the rumors about Jorja Fox leaving. It really sucked because I had just relaxed thinking Sara was safe.

The rumors started me thinking about how long they've been on the show. 8 years at one job is quite a long time these days. Think of it in comparison to any other job. I don't know many people that have been with one company for that long. So from that perspective I can understand the desire to try other things. I certainly hope it is an amicable decision between her and TPTB.

Also, kudos to the people behind Dollar for Sense. It has been an impressive campaign and as others have said if nothing else it has let TPTB and JF know how much she and her character are appreciated. Her departure is certainly a major loss to the show and us fans.

Now I'm just holding out hope that Sara leaves on good terms with everyone. It definitely won't take the sting out of her leaving, but at least if it is happy (heck, I'd settle for bittersweet) it will be easier to accept. Hopefully Thursday's episode will be a pleasant distraction from all this.

6. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

November is officially the devil month. It sucks, I have to get past November to get to my birthday. Oh well, if I could trade me having a birthday for her staying, I so would.

I really, really hope they don't end GSR when she leaves. That would just ruin everything and make me cry twice as much.

I think we ought to come up with a thread name. After Thursday's ep, this thread will probably be really busy and we won't have time. I personally think that things like "we're not ready to say goodbye" are sounding better by the minute.

I have a question for a mod, since when Jorja leaves, the Sara threads won't close, will this one?

7. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

'Ending Happy' was on yesterday and I loved it! I am seriosuly crushing on Grissom's hat at the moment. It...fits him. And OMG Peter Stormare! :eek: I don't think you Americans realize how big he is in his home country (Sweden). Everybody loves him. And Stellan SkarsgÄrd. They are the only decent actors this country has produced (not counting Greta Garbo). The GSR moment put a smile to my face, even, during the circumstances, though it felt bittersweet.

On to the sad news: So, Jorja confirmed it. It sucks that she is leaving, but I can also understand her. She's spent almost 8 years of her life on this show and she might want to try new things. What irks me is that I do not understand WHY she decided to leave mid-season. Why not just wait until the finale?

Also, she said: "But I feel like it's going to be around for a while; if I don't want some of those dreams to pass me by, have to get off the ride for a while." she said: "a while", which could be interpretated in many ways. And she has said about GSR: "This might sound vain, but the story of Sara and Grissom is a little like a fable, and most great fables don't really have 100 percent resolution." See? There is still some hope (or is it just me in denial? :rolleyes:).

Because, having that said: I don't think that Sara Sidle is going to disappear from Gil Grissom's life forever. Jorja Fox might be leaving, but I don't think Sara is. Think of it: Grissom and Sara has been living/a couple for about 2 years as we know. If Sara suddenly leaves forever, that IS (and no other Purejoy and Snickers etc. shippers can tell me differently) GOING to hurt him. And that would probably result in a sad!grumpy!miserable!Grissom for the rest of the season. And also, how many of us believe that Grissom would jump in bed with another woman or, you know, even going back to work directly after the woman who he's been in a relationship for 9 years left him? Work could possibly numb his feelings, but at the same time work=Sara. And no Sara=Unhappy Grissom.

Well, according to some spoilers that has circulated over the CBS site, 807 is NOT the end of Sara Sidle. According to this source (I'll dig up the original posts later)Jorja WILL be leaving in November but that she WILL be offered a new contract (that JF and CBS made a deal over, it will, according to the OP, be signed in Dec) and ready to return after the middle of the season (assuming that is in January). This source also claims that the writers have been asked to write Sara into the scrips. They are not however sure about whether she will work in the lab or just stay at home (i.e just there for the GSR scenes). But most prominently, the spoiler also claimed that Sara would be pregnant, and that the season finale would be named "Pink or Blue". I am not sure I am completely buying this. Some say it is a valid source, some say not. I am bi-Baby, I do not care if there is a baby or if there isn't. But if this could bring Sara back, I am most defiently pro! A pregnancy-story line would allow Ms Fox some time for herself to do the things she desires.

8. BabyBunting

BabyBunting Witness

well after sleeping on it, I am feeling no where near as upset about this as I was yesterday.

It occured to me this morning how selfish I have sounded, the only person's who feelings really matter in all of this is Jorja's. OK it's a big thing to us, but when it comes down to it, it IS just a TV programme, for Jorja it's her actual real life and I cannot imagine that this decision was an easy one to make. I mean, this is going to be totally life changing for her.

but as I also said before, I feel they aren't killing Sara off for a reason, I don't believe they've made us wait 8 seasons for this relationship to flourish to the stage that it has just to cruely snatch it away from us again so quickly, I have a sneaky feeling TPTB have something hidden up their sleve.

9. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

I agree BabyBunting. It is just a programme and Jorja's feelings are the most important ones to consider. In her other interview she stated that it was her own call and not the writers. That makes me happy. :) It was Jorja who wanted to leave because of proffesional and personal reasons, and I respect that.

I also think that TPTB are up to something (can't you just imagining them, CM, DR, SG etc., sitting around a table, chuckling evilly while making up the next storylines?:p). And Jorja said that she would be "thrilled" if she was asked to come back to guest-star. So our hopes are still (somehwhat) up.

10. GSR_Sara_Gil

GSR_Sara_Gil Witness

Even if Jojra guest stars it will only be for GSR. plus I also think the end of this year will be it for Billy and Marg as well.

I can no longer watch the show because Sara was always much more than GSR to me.
    Sara is the best character and the heart and soul of CSI.
    I wanted this year to be about exploring her true past and maybe her mother.
    Now all of that will never happen.

Also i always though she was the best CSI, well her and Grissom of course.
    Jorja just has this amazing ability to convey thought and thought processes that i do not even think Billy can do.
    Even the writers said she is the best at that they is why she has all the solving the puzzle scenes.

So this suck for me on Show CSI and GSR level.

I support Jorja and will watch anything she does.
    i am just sad another show is going the route of ER and staying on forever.
    Even Jorja said if it was ending she woudl have stayed for the end.
    I think it has been on so long that it should end i do not want new cast members to ruin of the true best of TV.

I know people say it is just TV but you know they make and put time and love into it just like any other people in jobs that supposedly matter more.
    i do not really believe that it is just TV i am a firm believer that the arts and humanites matter just as much as science.
    I am just sad i have nothing to watch on tv any more.
    bcause Sara really was the show.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

hello all.

the info about Jorja's contract leaked into my poor brain, but tbh guys, i'm not that much worried. first of all, if she wasn't leaving now, could we count on some serious amount of GSR in the next episodes? heck. no.

what we would get is probably a billion *hey, how are your bees?* or *be nicer to greg* moments and maybe something a bit shippier in the finale, cuz she might have stayed for S9. do not think i'm complaining about anything we got in S7, cuz i loved every single part of it, but let's face the truth: we are all waiting for something bigger ...
    is so gonna happen tommorow.

besides we need to get a makeout, and if Jorja is leaving now, it means it's coming soon, people!

so when she leaves, at least we are going to be satisfied and we'll have what we wanted a lot quicker. am i in grief? nope, i'm very excited. bring it on!

ETA:
    i just reread my post and realized i sound very cheerful that she's leaving, lol, so i gotta restate it. i DO feel a bit sad inside, of course. i thought it was rather needless to pinpoint cuz it's obvious.

12. BabyBunting

BabyBunting Witness

well having read her full exit interview I'm a lot happier now, it certainly sounds to me like - i don't want to say she's having a mid-life crisis, coz i think that's a bit too extreem, but it sounds like she's realising that there's so much she still wants to see and do, I distinctly get the impression that this is more for personal reasons than professional.

I've read an odd thing here and there about how Sara's exit will pan out, of course i wont believe anything until the episode has actually aired, but i think (if these spoilers are true) we'll be happy with it.

but very true Adzix - hopefully we're going to get that kiss within the next few episodes!!

13. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

Adz is totally right my friends. (Yeah, it seemed cheerful, but that's okay.) Let's try to hop onto team stupidly optomistic! I personally belive that Jorja will make guest appearances.

I have heard the exact same thing too. It might seem like she's leaving forever, but if the pregnancy spoiler is true, she'll be back for sweeps

And if you're freaking out and really pessimistic right now, then just remember that this is our chance for the kiss. If she leaves for good, IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

RESPONSE TO Elin first HI ;)

Hey Elin where's your source on that article you posted, that sounds so wonderful, she did say "it might be the worse thing I ever did" and everything in lfe is subject to change, so I'll be the forever optimist, and hope whe'll change her mind after a few week's off, and re-sign back with the show

And here I was always thinking it would be Billy Petersen that would bail, "I want to do theater , want to go back to Chicago", blah-blah-wah-wah, and I just though it would be him not her, it was, and is just a mind blower.. I still can't understand why she can stay till May! and maybe she will be back for a "guest spot" now were left with Cath, the new chick and a now-and-then Sofia.. great :(.. that sucks.. Sara is such a strong force, and such a great part of the show I love her and I will miss her so, a piece of the heart of CSI will be gone, and it just won't be the same!!!.and no word form the cast or from Billy as of yet.. HMMM..again why?

[​IMG]

WE NEED YOU TOO

15. BabyBunting

BabyBunting Witness

well Jorja isn't ruling out ever going back... keep the faith people! if how i read the interview is accurate, it seems this was a mutual decision between JF and TPTB - it almost sounds like TPTB were trying to persuade her to stay "CBS was very flexible. We structured something a little odd. 'Like episode to episode.' Yes. I wasn't prepared to sign up for an extra two seasons, or even a full one, and they were willing to roll with that". they're keeping the character alive (and as far as we know, her relationship with Grissom) and Jorja is up for guest spots if offered, she just doesn't want the commitment of a weekly anymore, I guess she can't say for 100% sure if Sara will appear again because they've not got that far with the scripts yet, but she isn't against the idea of going back. I am now back to being "stupidly optimistic", Sara's not dead, Jorja's up for going back, anything's possible! she does say "I'm sure that I'll be back in that world someday, but it's really good for me to take a break from it." and she does also say that CSI is the only TV she'll be willing to do any time soon

GSR for ever!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.