Sara/Jorja Leaving..... *May contain Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSISidle, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovemycsi

ilovemycsi Dead on Arrival

Re: Sara *May contain spoilers*

I hate to see her leave, but she said somethong about moving. Is Sara moving to another state, county or office? :(

2. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

I was checking eonline's Kristin column to see if there was any news about Sara or CSI. None, but I found that there is *another* Sara in a show called Prison Break, who was just written off by being decapitated! So, no matter what happens, CSI probably won't go that far!

ETA: This story sheds some light on the goings on of an almost parallel TPTB vs actress situation - might be interesting reading.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

From EW: Jorja Fox makes it official: She's leaving 'CSI'

CSI's Jorja Fox — the 39-year-old actress whose tenure on TV's No. 1 drama almost ended in 2004 when she was temporarily fired during tense contract negotiations — has quit the show. She wrapped production on the drama last week. Fox told EW.com exclusively that her decision to give up the role of Sara Sidle had nothing to do with money and everything to with wanting a break from the commitment of a weekly television series.

"There are all these things I want to do. Some are personal. Some are professional. And I really need to do some of them before I get too old," explains Fox. "If I thought the show were on its last legs, I would have tried harder to stay the course. But I feel like its going to be around for a while, so if I don’t want some of those dreams to pass me by. I have to get off the ride for a while."

Fox said CBS had invited her back for an eighth season (her contract expired in May) but she was only interested in signing on for a limited number of episodes. She'll appear in five more this season — her last in mid-November — before saying goodbye to TV's top-rated drama. For more on EW.com's exclusive interview with Fox, check back on Wednesday.

4. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

It is so heartbreaking. However, there is a little hope cuz she said "for a while" so this may means that she might come back in a future. I think that if they handle good her leaving this could not be so bad for the show and in a future for her returning could be great for the show. I believe that CSI still have a long road to go so I think there is a chance for her returning I mean if it only was what she said she may return...
    I was shocked when I read all the articles of money and so on cuz I didnt have that image of Jorja and I am gonna stick with what she said which makes a lot of sense and is more believable for me..regarding to the image I have of her.
    I just think this crucial and all depends on how they handle and really really really hope she will return.
    What I will not forgive if we dont get a GSR kiss before she leaves..I mean come on!
    Regards

5. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I will miss GSR a lot. I am sorry to see Jorja Fox go.
    If it is true that she is leaving and CBS actually invited her back, I would remind her to watch what happened to Shelley Long after she left Cheers.
    Good decision Jorja! You are leaving a top rated show, you will always get another opportunity like this. <sorry I am just upset and lashing out>

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

From CSI News Fox Quits 'CSI' (SNIPS) However, she has now confirmed that her time on the show has come to an end. -- that it was her decision to leave the show. The choice was made for personal reasons and was not about money. "There are all these things I want to do," she said. "Some are personal. Some are professional. .. for more see the article as linked.

7. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I agree with EricaSJ...I don't understand why anyone would compare Catherine and Sara because they are two very different people that have both made mistakes. Why is it that because JF is leaving the show Catherine's character is getting ragged on? It's pointless and frustrating. Saying that Catherine shows skin or her bra to get answers--is just uncalled for which means I could go on and on about Sara screwing her boss to get a raise?!?!?!

Besides all the character bashing...sorry that is what it seemed like...I will miss JF's character on the show. Unfortuately, it's her decision to leave.

8. Daylight

Daylight Victim

??? She's sleeping with Eckley now?!!!

9. Laurensidle

Laurensidle Victim

Hi sad to see Sara's leaving I hope she has a good exit usualy the characters I like just drift away and don't get mentioned again, I would like to see her at least get a good reason to leave,

10. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Hahaha...no! But then again I think you know what I meant. Sara and Grissom had a secret love affair, and Grissom was her BOSS. He did her reviews...while they were intimately involved. That alone is just bad office politics not to mention breaking lab policies.

I think she will move or something, and perhaps maybe JF will have an option to come back later if she decides to. I mean I can see her starring in the finale for the show or something? It's not going to be the same with her gone, but I'm sure TPTB will have something up their sleeve? I just wonder what makes Sara leave?

11. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I am going to see Sara go. I had a hard enough time with her not part of the team last week. Oh well, all good things must come to an end.

12. grissomsgirl256

grissomsgirl256 Rookie

I think that if she does leave I won't be terribly upset. I'll be more upset about the way they would end GSR though. I'm a GSR fan but I don't think it would be fair or look real/right if Sara moved away and Grissom got over her so quickly. That would make me more mad than anything else. Even if GSR was done, which everybody has just found out about it, then it would be odd and unfinished to me.

13. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

Re: Sara /Jorja leaving *May contain spoilers*

I really hope Sara comes back as a guest sometime. In her interveiw she did say "For a while"...Maybe they will do something so cool for her that we are happy to see her go! like a live interview with her after the episode or something. Just to see something like that would be so cool. Maybe she is leaving like Grissom did only longer...like the rest of the season...you know what would be so cool?

In the a finale they should wait until the last like 20 seconds of the episode and film her coming back to the lab.

14. jeanmacgreen

jeanmacgreen Rookie

It's very sad Ms. Fox has chosen to move on, but it is ultimately her choice, for good or bad. My fear as a GSR fan, is that there will be an awkward or poorly handled end (?) to their relationship. That is what it is, a true relationship, not just an affair. I'm just wondering how next episode is going to deal with Grissom's 'question'?
    I'm trying to avoid spoilers from last week's preview, sorry.

15. Taryn

Taryn Prime Suspect

sorry to see her go but look forward to seeing what she does next and maybe she will return later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.