NCIS thread #2: post here or get your head slapped

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by JediCSI72, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Well I for one really hope that they don't go there with Tony and Ziva. Apart from the fact that I barely like her, I think that the team is so small that it would totally screw up the dynamics if they were paired up. I really hated the way Ziva referred to Tony as her partner, as if the 2 of them were in some sort of exclusive little grouping. If anybody can be considered Tony's partner it's Gibbs, and even McGee has worked with Tony for longer than Ziva.

It annoyed me that Tony felt he had to apologize to Ziva for the dead man walking crack. She was the one who was pushing it and getting in Tony's face (following him into the mens room? WTF?). And when she grabbed him down there, that was just waaaay over the line.

2. JediCSI72

JediCSI72 Witness

I liked the episode, but I was really annoyed with Ziva being so pushy with Tony. I mean, she followed him into the men's room, for heaven's sake. I was glad that he finally snapped back at her. :devil: I was hoping that after he apologized, that she would apologize to him for being too pushy. I don't think that Ziva is in love with Tony. I think she is being territorial. I think that she is so used to working alone or with people for only short periods of time that working on a team is something new to her and I think she is over-compensating with being protective of her partners.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Good episode last night. Poor Abby getting stuck with another person in the her lab and who turns out to be the bad guy again. Mind you I did like the Caf Pow showdown between Fred and McGee. Hilarious :lol: The end was very touching with the colonel, sorry I've gone blank on her name, *found* the tape from Shannon and Kelly. Very touching. It's a side of Gibbs we don't see too much of.

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Army Lt. Col. Hollis Mann is played by Susanna Thompson, who appeared in one episode of CSI, "Killer" (S 6, Ep 14), and guest starred on three different Star Trek series. (I knew there was something I liked about her.)

5. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I laughed at Mcgee and the bad guy showdown too. But I also laughed when Tony was like "it's like watching a train wreck I just can't turn away". And I also liked that we got to see alot of the softer side of Gibbs. ;)

6. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I loved this ep. It was just soooooooooooooooooooo awesome but my fave part was at the end. I had tears listening to the tape. Wonder how this will effect Gibbs relationship? Also someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought when the show began it was mentioned Gibbs had been married three times? I could've sworn that was how it was. Then of course we find his 1st wife had been killed so that meant divorced from the last two. I got confused. Cause when Ziva 1st joined the show it also was mentioned he'd been married 3 times. Not divorced three but married. Someone fix my memory here cause I sure do have a very short one. LOL I guess the FBI dude was married to Gibbs 2nd ex?

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

We were told he was married three times, because no one knew about the first wife, Shannon. Everyone believed that his first ex was his first wife. So he actually has been married four times. So that makes Stephanie wife #4, but ex#3.

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Either that or the writers have the same continuity problems as the CSI shows.

9. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I could've sworn it was said he was just married three times but oh well...................maybe I just need to go back & start watching at the beginning again. I get soooooooooo confused. LOL Plus these writers don't help much. Can't never seem to remember what they've written prior to a present storyline. LOL Anyway, thanks Megan.

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I don't know if I ever heard Gibbs say he was married 3 times I know he's talked about his 3 ex-wives. I got the feeling on Tuesday that he doesn't consider Shannon an ex-wife. I got to thinking after the end there on Tuesday what colour was Shannon's hair? Maybe Gibbs kept marrying red heads to try and find a replacement for her and when he couldn't he divorced them. Just some food for thought.

11. JediCSI72

JediCSI72 Witness

It could be that the writers messed up. I've always thought that it was simply a part of himself that Gibbs just refused to share with anyone. By not ackowledging the marriage, he keeps their memory and the pain of the loss all to himself. I was genuinely surprised to see that Stephanie seemed to know who Kelly was(her touching her name on the boat and remarking,"Sweet.")

12. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I thought Shannon's hair was like Mann's. I agree JediCSI72 keeping to himself may have helped him from feeling the loss. But I doubt anyone can keep something like that to themselves forever. That's probably his third ex knew.

13. JediCSI72

JediCSI72 Witness

Shannon was his original red head. CSI Watcher 8 , what I meant by him keeping their memory to himself wasn't as a means to keep from feeling the pain (like you said, that isn't something you can keep inside). My thought was that his memories of them would be very precious to him. Gibbs might feel that to share those memories with someone else would be to give something of that preciousness up and he doesn't want to do that. I'm also thinking that for someone to know this about Gibbs would give him/her a lot of power over Gibbs and he wouldn't like or want that. Remember his reaction to finding out that Ziva knew about Shannon and Kelly? He was less than pleased.

14. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I must have his women mixed up in my head. (which isn't a new thing for me) I do see what your saying JediCSI72 and I still can agree with what your saying. I guess it's a question of how is he going to handle Mann having heard that tape of his daughter.

15. JediCSI72

JediCSI72 Witness

I've been wondering myself how they are going to handle the whole thing. This could be the end of their relationship, because she looked really hurt at hearing the tape and she seemd to act hurt all through the rest of the episode after she learned about Shannon and Kelly. I wasn't sure if she was hurting for him or if she was upset that he hadn't told her. Any thoughts anybody?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.