"Go To Hell" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 6, 2007.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

That was the best part! The exorcism part was due to her very religious parents couldn't grasp why their daughter was so messed up, so they were convinced that she was possessed, same with the minister. But in reality she was probably a sociopath with violent tendencies. There was a case of a 10 year old girl who strangled and killed infants, because she thought it was funny, and then taunted their families about it. It does happen...truth is stranger than fiction.

2. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The A case...I know it's sad that the girl ended up so messed up, but she was EXTREMELY messed up. Watching her in that room, smiling like she didn't have a care in the world, was far more disturbing than the exorcism scene. It was weird to see Cath and Grissom react to her death as if she was an innocent. I know it had to be a shock to see her killed like that, but... I guess the writers were trying to provide some ambiguity to the resolution of that story (i.e. maybe the priest was right). It didn't work for me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the best part! The exorcism part was due to her very religious parents couldn't grasp why their daughter was so messed up, so they were convinced that she was possessed, same with the minister. But in reality she was probably a sociopath with violent tendencies. There was a case of a 10 year old girl who strangled and killed infants, because she thought it was funny, and then taunted their families about it. It does happen...truth is stranger than fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think what had bothered Catherine and Grissom was the fact that the girl was only 12 years old. Yes, she was a troubled girl. I also think Cath had a hard time with this one because the girl obvious reminded her of Lindsey look wise.

I don't know about any of you...but seeing a young girl (12 year old kid) pushed over a balcany to her death would be troubling to watch regardless of how innocent she was. I don't think that was really the point though. More to point...any chance at hope was shattered.

Anyone else think...Cath will be leaving at the end of the show due to emotional duress? You think about all the crap she has gone through recently from just the last season...til now, and it would be cleary understandable for her to move on.

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

This was a great episode. I was interested the whole time. The storyline with Sara and Ronnie was little boring. I miss Sara being on the team. I am not sure I like the character of Ronnie either. The main story was so sad, but I couldn't turn away. It was like being trapped in a bad dream. You want to get away, but you can't.

4. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I agree on the case b thing... And the sweater experiment was conducted by Cath and the swing shift team ;)

And I think if Cath left, it'd be because of a different plotline TPTB's got for her... not the whole stress related thing. They're leaving that open for when Marg decides if she wants to sign for another season or not.

5. Brassy

Brassy Hit and Run

Yeah, it was o.k., but how come Hodges was missing when all the other labrats were present and accounted for? and most importantly why was Hodges suddenly missing from the opening credits and Sophia inserted there again?
    Now, you would have thought that Sophia would have been in the opening for "Dead Doll" since she was in the episode, but she wasn't and yet she reappeared this week and wasn't even in the episode?!
    Can someone reasonably explain this circus?

6. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Did anybody else notice the Hooker, I believe she is the same one from 4x4 and Getting Off. It was funny cause I watched Getting Off yesterday during the day and she popped up in the episode.

7. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

You're right! I remembered incorrectly! Thanks.

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

That is correct. This is the third time Debra Wilson Skelton has played the character named Divine. She was also a long time cast member of MadTV.

9. Sara4Nick

Sara4Nick Hit and Run

Ok I noticed no one mentioned how Grissom was more interested in the dead Bee than the young girl at the end of the show.

I assume they are foreshadowing somethign. Now where are they gonna go with the bees?

I agree Ronnie ws annoying however I will give her another show or 2.

Sara was great loved the 20 questions. Wish they would have left the scene out of her going to the crime scene off duty in real life that would not be allowed it would contaminate the scene.

The shirt with Warrick and Cath also made me think of the blood splatter on the sweaters. That was a cute scene.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay I am untacking this thread, please feel free to continue the discussion. Thanks.

11. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

I thought the epi was OK. Definately not one of my favorites. I like the dark storyline of the A case though. I am not going to jump to conclusions yet about Ronnie considering it was her first case...I kind of felt bad for Cath at the end though, not what she needed to see. Brass was great as usual.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I thought it was okay. Not the best CSI ever episode, but it will due. I kind of liked Ronnie..she's cute.

13. vexus

vexus Pathologist

I that the episode was interesting.

Ronnie wouldn't be so bad if she didn't ask all the questions. Sara I don't think was out of line when she told Ronnie off. Ronnie didn't need the sugar-coated version of why to not go after the cops.

Did any body else hear that Ronnie had the choice between New York, Miami, and Vegas but she chose Vegas. What a way to tie in all 3 shows.

14. Daylight

Daylight Victim

I was rewatching the so-called gsr scene from this epi. How funny is this dialogue!
    Grissom's walking down the corridor with the beehive like he's kid who's just discovered this fabulous new toy, but all you see is nasty looking bugs squirming around. "You're loothing the crime scene of its bees? - I've cleared it with animal control! (like they would care!) And the look on sara's face screams like "where the hell does he think he's gonna put this - not in my house!"

15. goukanomegami

goukanomegami Victim

Ronnie just plain pissed me off and gave me an overall sour feeling. It could be for a variety of reasons. I have never had an adverse reaction to a new cast member (even temporary), on any of the three CSIs. I figure that maybe I am reluctant to welcome a new character at this point in time because I am livid at the fact that Jorja is leaving. It will not be the same CSI without her, for me at least. The show will be a lot less enjoyable in my opinion. However I found myself thinking that if Jessica Lucas is going to be a recurring cast member, it may discourage me from watching the show altogether once Jorja is officially gone. I know it is Jorja's life, and if she isn't happy with the show for whatever reason, it is terribly selfish to ask that she stay for our own satisfaction. It makes me wonder who would be next to leave, and if the show could survive. Look at ER. I do believe that there are only one or two original cast members left (if that, even!), and one left and came back already! I stopped watching the show, but it is still going strong despite a completely new cast being accumulated over the years. It was certainly interesting to watch the newbie cast members move up through the credits to first or second in line. Hopefully this will not be the case with CSI. I am happy with the cast as is (minus Ronnie, of course) and I don't think I would continue to watch if too many people left. Anyway, I realize that I completely deviated from the discussion about the episode! Haha! Anyway, as far as the episode, I am curious to see what will happen with the bees, as this is also an epidemic currently happening in real life. I am also curious what happened to Louise. The world may never know. Characters have been known to completely drop off the face of the earth with no explanation or reason. They aren't mentioned again, and it is like they never existed. Anyway, I am done with my rambling. I think I am in desperate need of sleep, but after watching the episode again, I had to voice my dislike for this newcomer!