Marg/Catherine #7.0 ~ Totally Thud Worthy

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Happy belated birthday to Alan. I've missed it :(

Speaking of Lindsey (LOL, it was in an older post, but still...), I wonder if they keep Kay Panabaker, Lindsay may be 20 years old by season 8! :p I wouldn't be surprised if Lindsey was actually OLDER than Catherine by the end of the season :D J/K.

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I actually don't think they'll age her quite as much now. They've got her into her "angsty teenage" years, which is what they've seemed to want for the last few seasons. Now they can go wild with the Cath/Lindsey angst. If they age her to 18 or more, that means they'd probably have to make Lindsey more understanding and responsible as she'd be an adult. They went to a lot of needless effort to age Lindsey into a teenager. "Needless" because we only see her about once a season anyway, so what did it matter if she was a teen or a pre-teen.

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Thanks Kaylyne! I'm off to watch it now.

And LOL @ Lindsey. The poor kid - I can't imagine what the growing pains were like...

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LMAO if they want to age Lindsey again, they could try Daniell, Kay's big sister who played Marg's daughter in Mr. Brooks. :D

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I saw Marg in a GoKart. That is totally awesome.

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I was just going through one of my fics when I noticed something interesting about Catherine.

I know this sounds terrible to say but - Catherine has no friends outside of work (and let's face it, inside work ain't so rosy either)

Think about it: the only friend we've EVER heard mention of is Stephanie Watson - and she's dead.

Poor cath. They need to give her a friend.

7. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

She doesn't even seem to have a sister anymore. I guess it would be too complicated, what with Sam as her father and those half-brothers, too. What a family.
    LaSquisita

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Yeah. We saw her sister in the pilot, Catherine mentioned her once in another episode, and then nothing. I also agree on the "no friends" one. I think she actually mentioned about that in Crate 'n Burial when she and Grissom were talking about Lindsey, didn't she? That's sad. :(

On another note, they've been showing Through the Eyes of A Killer on Cinemax here. Cinemax. How appropriate. :lol: Anyway, she was totally hot in it, and the "scenes" of her and Richard Dean Anderson were sizzling!

9. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

In Season 3, Jacqui the fingerprint tech mentioned in passing that she and Cath need to catch up so I always thought they were close friends.. too bad Jacqui isn't on CSI anymore.

E I've only seen snippets of TtEoAK I think those were the steamy scenes in the movie, lol. What's the movie all about?

And I've just seen episode 8x03... The teenager looked a lot like the Kay Panabaker (the new Lindsey), and Marg did a superb job in the end scene.

10. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Oh my god, the scenes with Cath and the girl... And especially at the end... THose were such good scenes. I felt terrible for Catherine. But they were done very nicely.

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

TtEoaK was a decent movie. RDA as a psycho was creepy, but Joey Pantoliano was cute (he always seems to get the quirky roles)

SpikeTV showed LHB tonight. Seeing Cath & the girl in last night's episode, and now Cath/Lindsey in LHB, I'm in Marg awe right now. Maybe I'll have to watch BTK2 when I get home from work.

12. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Can't wait to see Marg in this episode! Of course, we're still waiting for Lab Rats here in Australia... *le sigh*

And yes you're right, Erica. Cath did mention that she didn't have friends in that episode.

Maybe she and Sofia could strike up something - but then Sofia seems to have disappeared as well.

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Which episode are you waiting for, Anne? The latest one is all up at my place. If you're looking for some others, let me know. I might be able to accommodate. ;)

It's interesting that we don't see "outside" friends for any of the CSIs. All we've really gotten was some of the family members. I'm sure if any "friends" pop up, they'll probably be as corpses or suspects.

14. JangoBear

JangoBear Lab Technician

You're so right Rissa, I also thought that the girl looked a lot like the new Lindsey.

Here's some positive Marg news. Lisa a longtime and very respected poster over at Elysie's CSI site has a friend who is a long time and respected casting director. From time to time Lisa will ask her what she thinks of CSI and the actors and she posts her comments. She just posted some more comments and not only does she like Marg a great deal, but she thinks that she has the best post-CSI career of all of the actors.

Here's the link

Insider Part II

but you need to go there quickly since bravenet message boards don't archive threads and they can fall off quickly.

Here's the copy in case anyone might miss it courtesy of Lisa over at Elysie's CSI site:

She said Marg will be fine post-CSI and may have more work than she can handle. She said that Marg is versatile, having done soaps, TV dramas, miniseries and movies, and she is a respected actress who came into CSI with that reputation. CSI has only enhanced her standing. She is also well liked personally, as is her husband. She felt that because Marg already had a strong foundation coming into CSI, and was a bigger star than even Petersen, she is in the best position of the cast, excepting Petersen who is going to be in huge demand.

"She also feels that Marg could carry CSI as the lead, without Billy, but that they would still bring in a new actor to balance their male and female leads."

:)

15. ItDontMatter

ItDontMatter Hit and Run

I was thinking in the ep where she and Grissom were taling about "friends" it was about her feeling like she was making Lindsey weird. Something about not having enough time for Lindsey and not having time for her own friends outside the lab. It was Lindsey's birthday episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.