Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I hate that these things make us argue, but let's just agree we won't always agree.

I definitely thought this was heavy-handed, as did my GSR-friendly hubby. I brought my concerns up on another board that maybe this was a bit too much... I am all for some GSR here and there, and I'm even one of the few who could see Gil proposing to Sara in a manner such as what has been displayed, but I never ever want it to take over the show.

I like it as my sidedish with a really meaty main course. So, I do hope CBS puts out another promo hilighting the cases, as does my hubby.

See, I'm Pro-GSR, but I'm also Pro-CSI, and I don't want anyone to not watch because TPTB made the promo all-GSR. I think there should be some balance, here...

Take my words with a grain of salt... Just my words.

2. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

As much as I am loving the greatness and importance to our ship of the promo, I do love seeing about the case. I think that last year the people who put out the promos did a great job of keeping all GSR things in the episode around the cases. But I guess shows do evolve and we get growth from each character.

Grissom is a main character and a marriage proposal is a huge part of his life I would guess.

Although I do understand how this would make some of you very angry, but its the nature of the show.

People will watch because they love it, but then they will watch it as well so they can complain about it. All in all, the producers are getting people to watch it.

3. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Note To All:

Please leave off the snide remarks and baiting commentary as there is NO place for it in this thread or this Forum. There are ways of disagreeing in a civilized manner so if one finds one cannot do so then please, for the consideration of others in ths thread, ignore what you don't like and move upwards and onwards.

As for targetted shipper talk, please move over to Shipper Central.

Thank you.

4. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I was kind of upset with the promo. Where is the case for next week?

I made a comment here last night about please, the shipping makes me not want to be here and that bothers me...PLEASE cool it!

5. MarieMJS

MarieMJS Rookie

Does anyone has a link to the promo video for next week?? That would be great thanks :D

6. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

The CTV promo last night talked a little about the case. It's going to be a hate crime and that will affect everyone in a different way. Apparently for Grissom, it will encourage him to propose.

7. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Good, at least there is a case. Is this the crossdressing carp ep?

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yes it is and I do remember the what the spoilers had for this episode and I am still eager to see it based on the original spoilers, I just wish they had covered from of that stuff in the promo. Hopefully they will have a new promo that actually does show what else will be going on in the show.

9. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Here's the case centered promo for next week that I was talking about. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vle3KGZFFQ&NR=1

I have to admit that I am a little upset at CBS for making a completely GSR centered promo. I know that I'm happy about it, but I realize other fans don't like it. Hooray for CTV!

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Thanks for posting that. Glad to see some of the real case in a promo.

11. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

i like to see the team's reactions to prejudice based cases, makes them more real. looks like nick and warrick and griss are affected by it, but i dunno about cath...maybe she was trying to, you know, get the word out there that a hate crime had occurred.
    you know, this makes me think of the spoilers that she's going to be possibly changing careers...maybe she wants a "job' where she can talk to the media or something like that...prolly a shot in the dark

looks like it'll be a good case, about time!!

12. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

That's what I have decided to do. Seriously. I tried to like tonight's episode, but the GSR is about all that I can remember now. Since they drove home the point that Gil and Sara will have no social repercussions whatsoever, and Sara gets to drop in on Gil's crime scene just to fit in a GSR scene, I now believe every wild rumor that she is not leaving, and that if she does, she's coming back pregnant. I don't intend to waste the time on watching them build up to that all year. And no, the crime parts of the show are not making up for the crap parts of the show. Not even close.

So, congratulations GSR-shippers, and good luck to the anti-GSRs and neutrals, who decide to keep watching. I'll check the boards every now and then to see if by some miracle things have improved, but until they do, my Thursday nights are free again.

13. Daylight

Daylight Victim

I'm having mixed feelings about this season. The GSR in the episodes themselves hasn't been bad or even too much but the publicity around it ...well...? I think the problem has been in the storylines, "dead doll" was so lacking in it the usual episode summary on the cbs site amounted to less than a full page, "à la cart" was just plain pointless and even though "go to hell" was a little better off it still coudn't stand in a shelf next to what the writers got us used to in previous seasons. Don't get me wrong I have loved this show since its begining, I've been a gsr shipper ever since "cool change" but I just hope they manage to wrapp up neatly all the personal family and professional issues of these characters in this season because after 8 years I don't think they have anywhere else to go and still remain fresh - even if they are (deservedly) the most watched show on tv.

14. Veze

Veze Rookie

The problem with "GSR fans asking people who don't like GSR to stop watching the show" is not the real problem.

I didn't stop watching the show and I never will. Instead, I stop (or reduced considerably) my participation in discussion forums like this one. The result of this attitude is that unGSR people are less and less present on discussion and it's harder to talk about something else.

I'm sad about the promo because it's GSR-only and not GSR-friendly (that I can live with).

What are the cases? who's on it?

And I want to point that GSR is not the only problem so far with CSI now. Is any of you have noticed that it's more and more of a "cop Show" with interrogation room scenes and less and less forensic analysis?

Enough babbling for me.

15. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

The CTV promo was awesome. Made me even more excited for the new episode. Cant wait for so many reasons!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.