Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

He had a nervous breakdown :eek: when was this? not lately, I'm going by "Ala Cart" at the track, with the serene happy smiles, and so comfortable, & peaceful. I guessed I missed the nervous breakdown part :rolleyes: and I never saw an ep, where he did, he was going deaf, & had a migraine becase of a pedophile, but this had nothing to do with his personal life! and I've watched them all, as of the last two years he's a happy, cheerful, calm satisfied man ;)

2. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I saw the US version ep...

I don't think she'll say yes, though, because she IS leaving in November.

Sorry, GSRers. And it's not just because I'm an opposing shipper.

3. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

i just saw the promo after the episode. I think I'm dead. I haven't been this happy since I heard Harm say "Let's get married!" on the promo for the last JAG- and that was bittersweet! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

4. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

OK, I saw the Grissom clip after the show. "Maybe we should get married"? If I were her, I'd turn it down. What happened to "Please?" etc.

xfcanadian, I understand how you feel. These are difficult times for everybody who loves or hates the GSR. I am beginning to have a little more faith that the writers will handle things in a decent way, wheter they take the GSR on forever or cut if off in a few weeks. I am going to ignore the squeeing, and just concentrate on how it goes on the day. And that's enough ship analysis from me.

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

him being in love with sara is subjective...you see i love, i see an obsessive woman who is attracted to an older man because of her father issues, and grissom who is only with sara because he gave in to her, and is too lazy to find someone else. Not to mention they have horrible communitcation.

He has given up all his morals, and integrety that he used to have, which was the most important thing in the world to him. He told catherine that 'we all live in glass houses' please, once again in a tv show, a man gets away with breaking the rules, and doesn't even get in trouble! typical male storyline, with the younger woman too. They have turned him into some normal guy...i liked him because he wasn't normal...he was grissom.

I don't want some 'happy' ending, like all the other chiche american tv shows, i thought csi was different. I hate cheesy romance crap like that. Characters are not interesting when they are happy and everything is working out. It is fiction, he isn't real...

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

The previews for next week made me a bit sick. I really hate how they focused the preview just on them. I want to know what the cases they will be working on. Or will it all be GSR again.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Agreed. I sure hope there is actually a case next week! And as someone else said, at least they're getting it done and over with early. Maybe then they'll move on to business as usual.

I hope some more promos come out in the coming week so we can see if there's going to be any substance to this episode. :(

8. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

...which is precisely why he asks her to marry him.

I found it really corny, too. Not the scene itself, but the way the promo was shaped around it. The voice-over and the text was all uber-cheesy, and I think it tainted what looked like a more laid-back feel.

10. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I couldn't have said it better myself. That is exactly how I feel. Exact-a-mundo! I would only add this sarcastic thought: Grissom's brain has moved to the southern part of his anatomy.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I thought a request was made to keep the relationship conversations out of the main threads.

As for Grissom's glass houses comment: when he made that comment, Catherine didn't suffer a single reprocussion for that case. Grissom, on the other hand, is under review and Sara has had to move to another shift.

...how, exactly, is that a lack of consequences?

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I totally agree.....I would like to see an actual case for the team to work on. Obviously there will be, but to what scale....? hmmm

13. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

I think the writers are great at providing some personal time for the characters (very minimal, 5 minutes a show?) and are very good at writing things like that into the script. I also think that learning about the characters personally helps us to understand them better professionally.

I love GSR, but I'm a romantic, too. I also like that we're going to see Warrick in a downward spiral b/c of the divorce and such (but he better get out of it b/c I like him), and that we got to see some of Catherine's background over the years in relation to Sam Braun.

The writers are very good at what they do, and are very capable of satisfying us romantics while not straying too far from the case files in the episodes.

14. Toots

Toots Pathologist

It was, but how can we keep it out of the threads when that is what all the preview was about?

CBS displayed the GSR for all to see, yet we're not allowed to discuss it? Makes no sense whatsoever.

15. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

The ctv ad for CSI used to have more of a crime drama feel to it, with the voice over and stuff. This season they have changed them. They are IDENTICAL to the grey's anatonomy ads. Absolutely no joke.

How is having an entire ad focused around GSR subtle??? They don't even bother to advertise about the cases anymore! Catherine's stuff happened over years, not just one season. Plus, it was often in relation to the cases. Sara also had storylines PLUS GSR overkill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.