Supernatural

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by draig_goch, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I've finally collected my thoughts. First off, favourite lines (besides the ones I put above):

When Dean's with the "doublemint twins" and Bobby asks Sam where Dean is, and he replies "Polling the electorate."

Then after Sam walks in on Dean with the twins:
    Sam: "Let me see your knife."
    Dean: "What for?"
    Sam: "So I can gouge my eyes out."

Dean eating cheeseburgers for breakfast: "Sold my soul, got a year to live, I ain't sweating the cholesterol."

When Dean knocks on the farmhouse door: "Candygram!"

And after Isaac knocks him over on the porch of the house and Bobby and he start chatting while Dean's still laying injured on the floor, and Dean raised his hand up between them and said, "Hello? Bleeding here."

Dean hitting on the sales clerk and telling Sam he's "comforting the bereaved." Then his pretend coughing and saying he doesn't have much time, guilting Sam, who of course complies with an apology- then Dean's instant recovery and big smile. "Apology accepted."

No quote, but I loved when Sam startles Bobby and Dean while they're staking out the bar in their car, and when they jump he starts laughing. They need to let Sam be fun once in a while, methinks!

Dean discussing the chick hunter who saved the day for Sam: "Who was that masked girl? A more troubling question is how come a girl could fight better than you?"

And near the end, when Dean says his life is better than it's been in a long time, and he can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, to which Sam replies, "That's hellfire, Dean." And at the very end when Sam says "You're unbelievable", followed by the winning Dean smile and " Very true." Good ending.

OK, as for the episode itself...

- the demons themselves weren't that impressive, although the concept of the seven deadly sins was pretty cool. But like someone said earlier, they really needed to jump right back into demons after the way the finale played out. So overall I guess they weren't that bad. Could have been scarier, but oh well. I did think the guy who played Envy did a really good job, as did the dude playing Pride. Also, it was a nice touch having the guy who becomes possessed by Envy eyeing that Porsche in his neighbour's driveway at the very beginning of the episode. :)

- the intro with Dean and the twins- classic! :lol:

- I thought that Sam and Dean gave each other some interesting side glances after Sam says, "Careful what you wish for." Obviously that line has a bit more meaning to those two.

- I like that, while Dean has this new 'don't care' attitude, he still gets the job done. Although, combined with his new attitude comes this new crazy risk taking on the job, which can't bode well...

- Learning about some new weapons is cool- the special wood that's toxic to demons, and the crazy hunter chick's blade. Although I think it would be cool if they got some Super Soakers for their holy water! :lol: That might be a little too "Reaper" though. ;)

- Bobby basically rocks in general- LOVED him in the suit! AWESOME! :D I also loved when he tore a strip off Tamara when she wanted to go off all half-cocked to get the demons. Go Bobby! And lastly, I loved when he pretended to ba all scared when he lured the fat demon under the devil's trap. And the Oscar goes to... :)

- I hadn't considered that everyone might be blaming Sam and Dean for releasing all the demons, so that's another cool angle for the season.

- When they crashed through the bar doors with the car, I felt a huge amount of relief when I realized it wasn't the Impala! I mean, DAMN, that poor car's been through enough already! :eek:
    :lol:

- Another interesting look between the brothers while they're waiting/preparing for the rest of the demons to come. They looked resigned, like they thought they could really being finished off there. It was sort of trippy.

- There's still the ominous end of the episode/start to the season when Sam asks Bobby, "we can win this war, can't we?" And Bobby doesn't answer. Uh oh.

- Sam finally snaps at Dean for playing up this 'last year to live' stuff, and Dean tells him the deal can't be broken. I'm glad they didn't drag that out like it was a secret or something. But you know it's not going to stop Sam in the long run. After all, it runs in the family: John sacrificed himself for Dean, Dean sacrificed himself for Sam, and I'm sure there's no question it could come full circle- Sam would definitely sacrifice himself for Dean. So in the end, I don't think Dean's admission that the deal can't be reneged on will stop Sam from trying. He'll value his brother's life more than his own, regardless.

OK, whoo... that was longwinded, I know. Don't worry, I won't be doing that for every episode. But this one was special. :)

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

There's a synopsis here: SupernaturalTV
    I think it re-airs on Space Network today (Tuesday) if you get that channel.

and great post, Baba! :)

3. BabaOReilly

OK, I did all the tallying... It's funny how there were more choices for season one, seemingly. I wonder if people enjoyed season 1 more overall? Hmm. Maybe I'll double up on the poll questions. :)

Anyway, I need to have a tie breaker here, to decide who is the 5th competitor for season 2. If you could all pick 1 of the following as your choice for that spot:

Croatoan
    Hollywood Babylon
    Tall Tales

I'm going to go with... Croatoan although secretly I want to go with Tall Tales! :lol:

4. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

hmm...I really liked Tall Tales, but I'm going to go with Hollywood Babylon.

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I think I'll have to go with Tall Tales. :D It just cracked me up, and I managed to get a few of my non-Supernatural lover friends to enjoy it too.

By the way Baba, I loved reading your thoughts on the premiere! I totally didn't notice they made reference to CSI. Although the scene was very reflective of it. I was expecting Dean to walk outside wearing a badge saying "Let's cordon off the area." :eek:

Or Sam. :p I don't know, Dean seems like more of a cop, lol.

"Well I am an officer of the law" :p Oh Skin.

6. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Thanks very much. ;)

7. touchcookies

touchcookies Witness

Wow you go away for four days for thanksgiving and about 50 new comments are added. Jut reading all that took me almost half an hour. Anyway for me it is a toss up between Hollywood Babylon and Tall Tales. They were both so funny. I guess if I had to pick it would have to be Tall Tales. Not only was it an awesome episode but the college office class room place thingy was also in an episode of Dark Angel which just makes it awesomer...if that is a word(and my spell check is telling me it's not) I am also probably the non-Supernatural lover friend that speed_cochrane was talking about too. I am aren`t I?

8. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Heh, I think I'd have to rewatch the season again to try and decide on a favourite (any excuse!)

BTW, any Torchwood fans watching Supernatural? Tamara was played by 'Lisa' from Cyberwoman.

9. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

Yep, my inner Torchwood fangirl was squeeing when I saw Lisa!

10. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Ok, I wrote this comment Monday (which is when I finally saw the ep), but then never posted it, because I couldn't decide on my top episodes. :lol: But... here it all is...

As far as Sam's psychic powers go, I think that he still has them. I think the reason his visions were mostly about the other psychic kids and the YED was that that's what he wanted to see. I think he has some control over it, subconsciously. For the most part, he never really developed his powers, because he was consciously resiting it; he didn't want to be one of the things they hunted, didn't want to be supernatural. However, he was eager to find the truth about himself and the other children and the YED, so his powers manifested themselves as visions of them. Now that they're all dead and gone, Sam might try to forget that that part of him exists, thereby blocking his own power.

On the other hand, I think that there's a chance that he WILL try to develop his abilities. Ava could control demons. Wouldn't that be a helpful skill for Sam to have, what with hundreds of demons running around? However, there's the whole thing that Pride was talking about: the YED is gone, so they don't have to listen to Sam if they don't want to. But, the Seven were pretty powerful... Sam might still be able to control some lower-level demons, if he's willing to learn.

OMG, the new title screen! EEEE! I kept wondering what they could possibly change it to. I thought maybe blood or something. But this was SO much better. It does rock friggin' hard indeed.

I'm interested to see how the new female character will play out. I hope she ends up being ass-kickingly awesome, but only time will tell. The knife thing, though... oooh. *thumbs up* It's like the knife version of the Colt. :D

Ok, last thing, my favourite eps. After my first cut, I still had a dozen eps from each season. :lol: But, the winners were:

Season One:
    Home
    Nightmare
    Skin
    Salvation
    Devil's Trap

Season Two
    What Is And What Should Never Be
    Tall Tales
    Born Under A Bad Sign
    and this is where I gave up trying to eliminate between my last three choices. They were Hunted, Croatoan, and All Hell Breaks Loose Pt. 1 (the end scene kills me every single time). So, basically, since it's already tallied up now, it saved me having to make the decision! :lol:

So, my tie-breaking vote would have to go to Tall Tales, although Croatoan is close behind.

Man. Season Two was love. <3

11. BabaOReilly

Hmm, psychology huh? That's an interesting theory on Sam's powers. I'm actually intrigued. And you make an interesting point- it would give them an edge if he could control demons at all... And then the issue of how he would use it: will he always be good Sam, or would it slowly start to change him over. Gives new meaning to the expression "Bad Blood"!

Anyway, great points, quickbeam... except now you've created a bit of a problem for my season 1 tally! :lol:

I've now got a tie between The Benders, Faith, and Devil's Trap. :p

So, if you all wouldn't mind choosing which one of those should go to the finals, I'd appreciate it! I'll try to get the poll up by tonight if I have enough votes.

12. 915

915 CSI Level One

Okay I finally got a chance to log in. Okay about the episode I liked it was a great way to bring in the new season.

My least favorite part of the episode was when the husband died. Honestly it made me sick and I closed my eyes. Other then that loved everything else in the episode.

As for my favorite episode between the three I'd have to say Devil's Trap.

13. BabaOReilly

Oh yeah- I forgot to mention I was going with Faith. :)

14. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

oh so hard to choose...but i think i'm going to go with faith that episode is just awesome, and it had jensen in a hoodie. can't hate on that.

that was a really good point also that you brought up about sammy's powers. the writers should definitely hire you for some of your ideas because they truly are intrigueing.

15. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

For the season 1 tie breaker, I'll go with The Benders. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.