Supernatural

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by draig_goch, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIMiamiGurl1988

CSIMiamiGurl1988 Witness

OMG the premiere was so awesome!!!! I can't wait till next thursday, I really hope they find a way to keep dean alive....

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

We get "Gossip Girl" (guilty pleasure) a day before the US does.
    Anyone else feeling the pain from having to choose between Supernatural and Grey's Anatomy? I liked it when CTV aired G/A at 8...ah well, Jensen and Jared won out :p :D

hmm...top 5...I'm so damn indecisive!!
    Season 1
    Phantom Traveller
    The Benders
    Provenance
    Hell House
    Skin
    Season 2
    In My Time of Dying
    Simon Said
    Hollywood Babylon
    Nightshifter
    Tall Tales (that was the one where each of the guys told the story from their own perspective, right?)
    ...and of course I loved the finale, so...top 6? ;)

I loved the premiere!! Dean/Jensen was just on the ball with some of those oneliners. How much do you love that he said bupkis? (like "I like him, he said 'okie-dokie'" :lol:) and the Brad impersonation from Se7en! In case it's not obvious, I love Dean! :lol: I also love how Bobby was a big part of the episode!! Suprisingly, I didn't mind Katie Cassidy. We did only get a glimpse though...hopefully she doesn't go the route of Jo....

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I gave up on Grey's Anatomy about halfway through last season- right after Meredith "drowned", so there's no problem for me. :lol: Even so, I still would have picked Supernatural, without a doubt.

Wow, I really enjoyed the premiere and I have to admit I was a bit worried I'd be let down. I shouldn't be surprised, since Kripke penned the episode himself, and one of their best directors, Kim Manners, ran the show.

All round a good episode and they touched on so many things... I think I'm going to have to give it a second watch before I come on and try to highlight stuff. It went by so quickly, I definitely need another viewing while I gather my thoughts!

FYI- I'm keeping track of the favourite episodes people have put down so far, so feel free to keep 'em coming. Hopefully I'll have enough to put the poll up next week, before the new episode.

4. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i gave up on greys too, it got way too over the top with some of the dramatics, i'll just get the dvd's when they come out ha.
    oh the premiere was stellar it was by far the premiere i was most anticipating and it definitely didn't let me down. the one thing i didn't like tho, and his is just because i thought it was weird, katie cassidy being added to teh cast with jensen adn jared. she had a whole 3 seconds of air time why is she in the cast?? but whatever, she was a little more bad ass than i thought. i was worried she come in and be super lame.

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Nope. :p Sorry GA, but Supernatural owns your show.

Season One
    -Skin
    -Phantom Traveller
    -Faith
    -The Pilot
    -Bloody Mary

Season Two
    -What Is And What Should Never Be
    -Nightshifter
    -Hollywood Babylon
    -Tall Tales
    -No Exit

As for the premiere, YES they changed the 'Supernatural' opening. It rocked so friggin' hard.

I thought this premiere would be a bit of a let down too, since the premieres I've seen so far for other shows were not up to par. However, I loved that Kripke wrote this one! The entire scene with Dean and the 'Double Mint Twins' had me in stitches. :lol: Oh Dean. He's much more like he was in season one, which I like. Season two he was a bit more dramatic which was all great because Jensen is a terrific actor but I loved the brighter side of Dean.

The plot was a bit...Meh for me, though it was interesting that they brought in the 'Seven Deadly Sins'. I would have rather they went down the urban legend route this time around but then I wouldn't have been satisfied that they didn't have an afterfall of the finale. :lol: Gosh I'm hard to please, lol.

Katie Cassidy..Hm, I'm not sure what to think of her yet. So far, I liked how she was brought into things. It gives her a bit of mystery and I hope, like Baba said, she won't turn out the same way as Jo. Because that was lame.

Like Ashley said, it's kind of weird that they're adding her to the cast since we really don't have much of an impresion of her so far. Most characters are recurring first, like Bobby. BUT I'll keep an open mind.

Anyway, this episode rocked hard and had me laughing most of the time. :D (Thank the sweet Lord for Jensen Ackles and Eric Kripke)

I'm still waiting for the day they bust a cap in Bigfoot's tush. :lol:

*goes to make Supernatural icons*

6. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

The show came back and rocked harder than ever!

*incoherent fangirl*

7. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

oh i love the new opening, its my fave so far. s1 was pretty rad but the new one just rocks hard.
    thats what i'm a little hesitant about most, that the writers are going to try to force too much too fast. because in all honesty i liked jo, but they tried to make her all bad ass and it just didn't seem plausible to me.

8. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Oh i am just so....freaking.....pissed. Stupid City TV. SUPERNATURAL DIDN'T EVEN AIR!! But they said it would. *Sigh* Why me?? Oh somebody, explain it to me in full if you have the time.

9. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

I really did enjoy the season premiere although I felt for Sam at the end when Cassidy randomly showed up, clipped the three demons, and then bailed out. :lol:

Unfortunately I'll need a second viewing before I point out the ups, downs, and overall highlights of the show, but glad to see there's other fans of the show as well.

Oh, and for anyone interested, iTunes currently has the premiere for free. ;)

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I have lots to say about the episode... but my back is killing me and I can't sit here typing for very wrong at the moment. :p

However, for those of you who copied the episode, take another listen during the part where they're investigating the crime where the woman killed the other woman over those hideous green shoes- when the cops and crime scene investigators are there, you can here one in the background say, "We better call Grissom." Nice! :lol:

There were a couple other fun references too- "Drunk, fat and stupid is no way to go through life, son." That's what the Dean says to John Belushi's character in "Animal House". And of course there was "The Shining" classic: "Here's Johnny!"

And as someone else mentioned, Dean's little Brad Pitt "Seven" moment was hilarious! :lol:

OK- I got more. I'll be back! :)

11. csi_fan18

csi_fan18 Pathologist

I thought I heard Grissom, but I just put it down to my csi obsession. :lol:

12. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

So I DID hear them say Grissom! I thought I was going loopy!

13. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

I loved the season premiere for Supernatural. What a great acting, writing and directing like always :D

What a horrible way to go for the husband tho and when it al happend in the bar I absolute felt sick.

Dean's oneliners where funny like always again :)

I don't have an opinion on the girl yet as it's way too early, but her knife is very inresting tho :p

I heard them say about Grissom now too and I didn't heard that first time :lol:

Season 1:
    Home
    Hell House
    Shadow
    Bloody Mary
    Skin

Season 2:
    All Hell Breaks Loose Pt.2
    What Is And What should never Be
    In My Time Of Dying
    Croatoan
    Heart

14. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i thought i heard them say that! *goes to go listen*
    ^^that part in the bar was ugh, very hard to watch.

15. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Oh oh what happened in the bar? The episode didn't air for me, someone spoil me please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.