Grade 'The Deep'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Tishme3

Tishme3 Witness

Falënderim...meaning thanks in Albanian!!! Well, I’d enjoyed watching the expression on the guy's face tryin’ to use his electronic key fob to blow up his target!!! Also I'd appreciated watching everyone’s interaction in solving the case especially of Danny and Dr. Hawkes. Grade A-

2. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

ROFL!!!! Priceless.... :lol: :lol:

3. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

I’m always a couple of days day behind! Lol

B.

Not the best episode, but it was saved by the character’s interaction!

Way too many underwater scenes and way too many close-ups on the DBs. .
    Where is Adam?
    Why I say that the characters saved this episode: it was an example of beautiful chemistry & dynamic: Stella & Flack, Danny & Hawkes, Stella – Mac, Danny – Flack – Hawkes, Mac – Flack… I wish they would mix them more.

Was this “snap at Lindsay casual day”? lol First Mac, then Danny. “You’re giving us a history lesson?” lool Mac’s right! Lindsay, get over yourself! They should give those trivia scenes to Hawkes! He can deliver the lesson without being annoying.

Flack : “between sheets exploration” LMAO

OMG! They remembered Louie! Does that mean that he’s alive & we’ll hear from him this season? Now TPTB, what about Papa Flack? Think the continuity fairy can do a little something about him? :)

Loved the Danny – Hawkes scene after the rescue. Danny being cute : “was it you’re first kiss?” “don’t make me laugh!” loool
    Flack being worried is adorable! He almost stormed into the scene to check on them! And his turn to make Hawkes laugh : “some guys would do anything for an early pension" lol I love them!

Lindsay is still Lindsay! She was easier on the eye in “Can you hear me now?”.
    I’m sure that being in the lab was much worst than being underwater in person! Now comfort her, Danny! :rolleyes: Since Danny does nada to comfort her, she asks about Hawkes.. I thought that TPTB wants the public to like her. Why are they making her like this then?
    And “casual snap at Lindsay day” continues: “Stop goofing off! We’ve got work to do!” She smiled, so I guess she saw it as a joke. She smiled but he didn’t! That’s good! ;) If this is how they are going to do it, the D/L thingy could be tolerable. :p

Drew… is already halfway to stalkerland! Run Stella, run!

I love it when Flack calls Stella & Danny nicknames: Stell, Danno etc…

Noticed Danny smiling around Hawkes, Don, Stella & Mac so the bad mood from 401 comes and goes?

Flack got tackled. Ouch! :( The guy deserves what Mac did to him!

Loved seeing Rambo!Stella again! She is gorgeous!
    Speaking of gorgeous: Flack! He’s been getting more screen time in 401 & 402! And I loved those close-ups on him!

The Mac – Danny – Flack scene with the perp was priceless. Again, this is the reason I still watch this show: the characters! They are family! Mac being pissed off, Danny says “Mac ... easy!”, but he does nada to save the perp! He worries about the door and covers the view with his body! How beautiful was that! Pure love & loyalty right there! And some more of that when Flack comes in! Beautiful again!
    Danny seemed scared for a sec until he saw that the person coming in was Don! ;) Yeah, it’s save! Just Don, nothing to worry about! ;)
    And Flack looking down at the perp & talking to Mac like he saw nothing bad! lol He even gets Mac to leave the room. Again pure loyalty! Flack, you’re made of love baby! ;)

Super!Flack is too hot for words! Looks like the self confident attitude from 401 is still here!

And I loved the final scene between Danny & Hawkes! No need to say thank you when you have love and trust, is there? Awww! And it was Hawkes turn to make a joke! Beyond cute! lol

Going back to CoTP to quote Stella : “Mac, that's what we do. We take care of each other.”

4. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

I’m a few days behind as well, so most things have already been said. I graded it a B, as mentioned above mainly for the character interactions. Those were great, the story not so much.
    I missed Adam and hope that he’ll be back next week and it’s good to see that I wasn’t the only one who thought that the Albanian guy were gay… :lol:

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Finally! After 8452 distractions while trying to watch on Wed. I watched the whole ep. on Innertube this morning. I haven't read any reviews so my opinion wouldn't be influenced. I'm easily influenced, dontcha know. :p This is probably gonna be pretty random.

Grade: A

I really liked this ep. it entertained me and kept me wondering what was next.

The new openining credits I like. I know some people are ticked that Gary and Melina get such obvious top billing. Since they are the stars of the show and the rest of the cast is supporting I don't mind that at all. It would be nice to have both Robert Joy and AJ Buckley there, especially if they're in the cast promo pic. Remixing The Who will take some getting used to, but I like the new images.

Some Bad Stuff:
    The opening scene, even though it was made more than obvious it was taking place in NY, made me feel like I was watching Miami. I found that weird.

My first thought on seeing Danny was, "Does Danny have a sister who lets him borrow her clothes?" :confused: :D IDK, that whole tight cardigan over the beater just looked kinda girly to me. :eek: :confused:

I guess we know why the CBS website dumped the character bios. Danny's clearly stated that he was from Brooklyn. (or was it the Bronx? Anyhoo, it wasn't Staten Island) But he tells Flack to "watch it" when Flack makes a crack about Staten Island. The viewers still catch continuity errors no matter how much you try to hide them, PTB.

Lindsay didn't bug me near as much as she usually does, though I still wonder why Stella defends her Ms. smug know-it-all explanations of evidence. I know they all go into detailed explanations to give the viewers background and critical information. Lindsay's the only one who comes off as if she has major case breaking information that no one else could possibly know.

Going into an explanation of NY history was necessary for the viewers. Having the chick from Montana who hasn't been in NY that long explain it to co-workers like they have no clue about the city's history when they've lived and worked in NY for years, isn't.

Question:
    Wouldn't the rest of the office been notified if Mac's phone extension had changed considering he's the freaking head of the freaking lab? They would have? K. Thx.

Some Good stuff:
    Hero!Danny saved Hawkes, and Hawkes thought of Sid firing up the bone saw on him. :eek: :lol:

Super!Flack came to rescue Hawkes and Danny, but where was his partner THE X-FACTOR? :cool: :confused:

Danny nervously guarding the interrogation room door while Mac gets all Marine on the criminal's ass. Interesting.

Mention of Louie and Mommy Messer. Was there abnormal tension between Danny and his Mommy, or was it just the usual kid/Mommy stuff?

Loved the scene with Danny, Mac and Stella working in the lab together.

The end scene with Hawkes and Danny was a great way to close the ep.

Some Interesting/Confusing Stuff:

The dude at the coin dealer shop being all Mr. Creepy Stalker Man. At least Stella didn't jump at the chance to have coffee with him.

It seems Danny is back. Yay! However, why is he showing no emotion toward Lindsay, while she acts like a love sick puppy around him? Is it a compromise to give Danny fans what they want and D/L shippers what they want? Is it an attempt at continuity and Danny is resentful because of what went down in SD? Veasey said they would be together this season and it wouldn't be a secret. Zuiker said they are in love and make a "perfect heart" in the promo pic. If I just started watching NY this season, I'd have no clue they had any history beyond being co-workers. :confused:

6. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

That's a very interesting observation, one I agree with 100%. I've been wondering the same thing and it may be a combination of both.

It looks like the real Danny's finally back and Lindsay's also back to her lighter, funnier self. Honestly, if this is how they're gonna handle the "relationship", I could be able to deal with it. Subtle hints and worried glances are okay as long as they keep the "perfect heart" part to a minimum. ;)

7. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

^ So do I. It's completely different than in season 3. I think if TPTB would've handel it like that last year less people would be so pissed off because honestly to me it seems like Danny is the one who shows the cold shoulder to Lindsay and she's the love sick puppy....

I don't like the way she explained to Mac and Stella what she found... that was sooo annyoning :rolleyes:

The episode was all right. A lot of character’s interaction. That's good. Not too much at one but in small dosses.

It looks like old Danny is comming back this season. He even mentioned his brother.

It's good that TPTB has finally discovered that there is someone in the team who's name is Sheldone Hawkes. I hope he doesn't get lost again.

Stella - gosh i hope for TPTB this won't be a 'creepFrankie' replay... I so don't like this new idea about Stellas private life. I'm sick of watching these CSI women's love dramas...

Danny's reaction when MadMac came into the room was interesting... kinda not Danny like... I'm curious why Mac did it. I understand it could have had something to do with 9/11 but in season 1 or 2 i don't remember him ever reacting like that. That's odd...

And still... HATE the new song version. It's crap!! BTW. why have they changed Stellas first picture in the opening and some other scenes right before the name of the show??? :confused:

8. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

Pretty good ep! I liked that there was only one case, instead of two or three like usual.
    I like that Danny is always looking out for his friends: working Montana's shift in "Snow Day" saving Hawkes' life in this one, etc.

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

My review for the episode can be seen here. There are about 101 screencaps in the review, so if you're on dial-up, the page might take some time to load.

10. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Im not sure I liked the case though I have to say it was one elaborated plan.

however the interaction of the character was simply beautiful. I loved Flack & Stella in the diving school just like the last scene with Danny & Hawkes.

Im starting to really enjoy this one case scenarios they make the story more interesting

I hope Dannys behaviour towards Lindsay has a point otherwise its just weird. I dont mind that they arent acting all couply - thats understandable, but for being in a relationship they are a little unbalanced.

its a B for me

11. StellaMac

StellaMac Witness

What happened with the scene where Stella goes for coffee with that who's hitting on her? I saw a still picture of that and they never showed it in the episode. In fact, she turned him down.
    I want to like him yet at the same time, I'm being suspicious of him, I keep on thinking 'is he going to be another frankie?' LOL

Oh well, there's always MAC, FLACK and Hawkes for Stella to choose from. :-D

12. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

I loooooooove LOCI! Hahaha.... sorry for the OT post.
    Haven't watched the eppie yet but I'm happily spoilt.

13. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

Loved the characters here. Mac was so gorgeous NOT in a suit YAY! I really like Hawks, glad to see that he's getting more story lines (tragically, in NY that means more danger, but oh well :D )

One of my favorite things about this episode was the team. It really feels like this season they're pulling together and are actually a TEAM. In the other seasons this seemed to be missing.

I don't really have an opinion about Lindsay, but I will say that Danny seemed really cold to her in the one scene. I can't help but wonder where TPTB are going to take that.

14. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

I really enjoyed this episode. it's something different...and, yes, the bomb plot was amazing!

15. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I wish they'd make up their minds. At this stage we don't even know if they're still shagging or if the pool table was a one off. Their interactions so far, to me it could be taken either way. Maybe Lindsey is trying to resume things and Danny is trying to brush her off, or maybe he just wants to keep his private life out of the lab.

There's subtle like Gris and Sara last season, and then there's 'what on earth is going on' like with D & L.