New CSI:NY Credits Love or Hate?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Hankster, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

I like the video and the melody. They just need to use all the lyrics. If they used all the lyrics, they would probably win more of the fans. After awhile the new fans will probably think the new version is the original. Who wrote the new melody?

2. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

I chose "Love the Video/Hate the BUTCHERED version of Baba O'Reilly" although it's not exactly how I feel. I mean, I like the original version of Baba O'Reilly, but I'm sure this one will grow on me too.

3. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Please, please give us back the original Baba O'Riley.

4. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I was glad they finally changed the credits but I was disappointed that Baba O'Riley got butchered in the process. Why tamper with a great song by The Who? The song was just fine as it is. TPTB shouldn't have messed with it in the first place.

Yes, I could see that the focus were on Gary and Melina. The show is supposed to be an ensemble and I was expecting that every cast member in the credits would get the same amount of focus but alas...TPTB decided otherwise. The other CSI shows give equal screen time in the credits, NY should do the same.

5. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Love the Video/Hate the BUTCHERED version of Baba O'Reilly... :(

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

my mother was in the room while i was watching it this week...she heard the music gave a WTF? look :lol:

The music is growing on me a little...but still, that song is a classic!!

Visually, it looks amazing...definitaly the best looking and edited out of the three. I don't really like the vegas one, and miami never changes theirs

In regards to the name placements...i have never saw the CSI shows as a true ensamble. It was always the 2 lead, with the supporting regulars and supporting cast. I don't think putting their names before the new york slogan was trying to diss the other cast, but they wanted to put it in the middle, and it seemed like a logical place to put it. It does to me, anyway.

Plus don't forget, in their contracts, the main stars are guarenteed top billing, the same reason they are front and centre of the dvds. So I think they do value their actors, but it is just a contractual thing...

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Nobody, since it isn't a NEW melody. The composer is the same as the original because it is just a different part of the original. They are just using more of the intro to the original song in the new opening.

8. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

I hate it all together. I liked the new visuals but putting Gary and Melina first...doesn't seem right. Keep the old song, put in the new visuals with the CSI:NY logo thing at the end, like the old one.

9. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

the video is really good. the coloring is not as dark as before and the shots are pretty good two

but the music is just not right. I like the solo at the begining but then they just cut it off in the middle - so wrong

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I agree^^^^ But i think the beginning drum role it a little long winded!

11. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

Listen to yourselves, its an opening sequence, not a Who concert.

It's obvious the tone of the show has changed since the first season. As a New Yorker, I can tell you that the "most important lines" do not sum up a town as massive as NYC. Look at Miami, they use just about one line from an 8-minute song, and no one wants their heads on a platter.

And to agree with xfcanadian... CSI's usually have the main male lead. The main female lead (who isn't as prominent as the main male lead). The co-stars, supporting characters, then guest stars. So as far as the billing, it's no big deal.

The one thing I do miss however is the old title card with "CSI: NY" over the subway shot. Of the three cities, NY is the only one with a proper subway system, I always thought that was unique.

12. flacksgirl

flacksgirl Hit and Run

When I first saw it I hated it until the end (love the Flack look with the eyebrow thing, way way hot). I have rewatched it several times now and it doesn't bother me anymore.

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I agree with all of that!! :)

14. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

bring back the original version of Baba O'reilly!

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The visuals are okay--save for Gary and Melina's over-the-credits billing. If Petersen, Helgenberger and Caruso don't get it, why do the the stars of the second CSI spin-off need it? It trivializes the younger cast members, and a lot of the time they're more interesting than the leads. Not a fan of that.

I do like that they updated the credits, though they need to stick A.J. in there. The shot with Flack doing the eyebrow thing is adorable. :D

There was no real need to change "Baba O'Riley," and as others have pointed out, the lyrics really fit the show. Bad move IMO.