Forensics Questions

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by Alyssa, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Forensics_Guy

Forensics_Guy Witness

3 was the quote from the show.

2. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Thank you so much Forensics Guy. That was bothering me so much because I wanted to tell my friend's that in a conversation but I forgot the number.

What episode is it from?

3. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

Re: fibers/ washing the mouth

i have a kind of forensics question, kind of not.
    is it irrational to consider a career in forensics beause of the show... i'm interested in learning about science, adn want to take more science classes because of the show, but science and math are not my forte in teh slightest... so? i dunno, just need some advice i guess cause i have no idea waht i want to study in collge, and since i've become obsessed w/ csi, that career has been on the forefront of my interests...

4. Lizard01

Lizard01 Victim

science and maths are connected with forensic courses. (i know this coz they told me at a college interview). it's not irrational to consider a career in forensics coz of the show. you'll probably find most people are. even thou there is roughly about 15 positions every year, with hundreds appliying.

5. Chris

Chris Civilian

sorry i am new in here and i don't know how to ask a question about what i want to know hope ou don't mind me doing it this way? I just wanted to know if anybody knew what happend to Sarah in the episode where she was laying under the car?

Chris~

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Chris, welcome to the board. Nobody will know the fate of Sara (except for the writers, producers, and Jorja Fox) until the first episode of the new season later this month.

Since you are new here, you might take a peak at the description of each Forum of this message board on the Main Index page. This section is mostly about the actual sciences of forensics. There are sections of each of the three CSI series. The descriptions will direct you to the proper area for specific questions. This is no big problem this time, because we all were newbies at some point. So pull up a keyboard and have fun.

7. sidlewannabee

Does anyone know what type of classes a Forensic Scientist needs to take in college?

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

That might depend upon which areas of forensic sciences you want to specialize. If it was DNA, maybe biology and chemistry. For forensic anthropology, chem, bio, and physics. There are so many other areas such as Documents, Entomology, Psychology/Pschiatry, Ballistics, etc. But the three main courses can be of use if you are not sure at this time.

9. sidlewannabee

What about just a CSI? What classes would I need to take to be in the field?

10. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

Re: Forensic Questions

yeah i'd like to know because i was reading on the web i think to get a masters degree u have to go to collage for 4 years but for bacholors degree its 6 years or visa versa idk but i'd like to know what classes to take and how much it would cost

11. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

You can study 'forensic science' at most collages. Alternativley, study sciences at collage then go into the forensics later, at Uni.

Or do what I do, study medicine, advance into foransics and go to Quntico lol.

Ok, I'm really here for a question: Anyone know what the residue is called after centrifugation?

The liquid is the supernatant and the residue containing the nucleaus,chloroplasts etc is called.....?

I'm really having a blank.

Jodie
    xxxx

12. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

^ precipitate or sediment? It's probably got a fancy word. :p

13. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Ahhhh, you sparked my memory!!! *Sends BIG BIG hug* It can be called precipitate or sediment but pellet was the word I wanted. Thanks for helping meto remember!!!!

Kisses
    Jodie
    xxxxxxx

14. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

lol you're quite welcome. :p

15. thegluups

thegluups Prime Suspect

It's not really a question, but I'll ask anyway, what is your favorite area in forensics? Mine is Firearms Identification ( no I'm nt a fascist frak ..) but it combines Physics and Chemistry in a really interesting way, and yo?