Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yamanbaia

yamanbaia Dead on Arrival

I don't think anyone of them ignores the fact that most actors that have played a major role on a Tv show for many years, have a hard time succeeding again in TV. Specially when most of them are around 40.

Look at William Petersen, he's getting old and older with each season (his butt in "a la cart" actually remind me of my grandpa), he'll probably just stick to movies and plays the day he leaves CSI. The same with George Eads, before he was "Nicky boy", the jock. Now he just looks like someone's dad, someone's very hot dad, but still.

They all probably know that leaving CSI means no more fat checks every month, casting interviews, pilots, pilot dropped, etc...

They'll be just like that Joey guy from Friends, i mean does anyone know that guys name? he'll be forever Joey, and will allways want to "prove the world he's more than Joey".

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I think this is still the spoiler thread so I'm going to post this info:

From TVGuide channel:

CSI: INSIDE THE NEXT SEASON Premieres October 21st at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT

TV Guide Network takes you behind the yellow tape of the CBS hit drama, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION. This half hour special features a panel discussion with various TV experts as well as interviews with William Petersen, Marg Helgenberger, Gary Dourdan, George Eads, Jorja Fox, Eric Szmanda, Robert David Hall and Paul Guilfoyle from the green carpet world premiere of the interactive exhibit, CSI: The Experience in Chicago.

3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Grizzom, check your Pm and I just explained it to you about YDTAW.

Thanks, Wojo, I can't wait to see that half hour of CSI behind the scene.

4. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

At some point, I guess I just have to wonder. Perhaps Jorja has made enough money that it is no longer an issue. Perhaps she is no longer enjoying the work. Who knows? It is clear though that each and every one of the main characters is up for renewal for season 9 if it happens. Based on the ratings compared to Grey's soap opera, it would appear that CSI has an inside line to fun for a number of seasons to come. So when we talk about season 8 spoilers, contactual situations are almost certainly going to dictate some of what happens, especially in the latter part of the season.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Wow! LOL...at first I read that as "gets eaten by a bear while shipping". That seems more likely in my book. ;)

6. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Note to All:

This is NOT the thread to discuss or post on the reasons for Jorga's deaparture from the series. We have other established dedicated threads for for this particular topic so please use those threads.

Please keep this thread for spoiler discussions for S8 as is clearly indicataed in the thread title.

Thank you.

7. f_f_O

f_f_O Prime Suspect

Raw_Alex, I was using the example of E.R. and Ramono's drawn-out destruction-then-death as an example. I doubt they would almost kill Sarah off and then kill her character for real, as I'm sure they realized how much critisism ER got for it. I agree that if Sarah is leaving, it will probably be for a "job transfer" or mental stress or some other way besides death. My point is that doing the drawn-out exit (whether the charater is killed or just moves away) with a lot of horrible, mind-blowing crisis is rather... overdone and overcooked.

A M*A*S*H exit, or even a dignified gradual exit or becoming a recurring character, would be much more worthy of CSI's legacy.

8. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Like Col. Henry Blake's plane getting shot down on his way home from Korea? :rolleyes:
    LaSquisita

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Dang it! I do not get the TV Guide channel. :(

10. MegBreanne

MegBreanne Police Officer

I don't get the TV Guide Channel either . . . I guess I'll just have to hope that some of these kind souls here at the board will be able to get the video uploaded online where we can see it! :)

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I got tv guide channel, I'm going to either watch it or tape it. I'm sure someone will download on youtube, so people can watch it. Don't ask me how to download, I don't know how.

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I don't get the channel either so I'll second you on that :)

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Those downloads would all be the legal kind right. ;) including any discussions on them. ;) ;)

14. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I believe that DJ is reffering to actual online videos and not downloads, just cause I know her a bit and she's been around a while...

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Be that as it may it was stated "Downloads" we still tend from time to time give give a hint about the legal vs not so legal. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.